This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universe Series Finale

How should Stargate Universe conclude? I have a few ideas, what are yours?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Back to the Beginning

[Destiny drops out of hyperspace above Earth]

[scene change]

[James Spader as Daniel is standing at the speaker's podium in an auditorium filled with academics and Kurt Russel as Colonel Jack O'Neil]

Spader as DANIEL: ...and that's what can happen if you fund my dig in Giza.

[stops for applause, but none follow]

[Daniel leaves stage and approaches Jack]

DANIEL: So what did you think? Will the United States Air Force be interested in funding my dig in Giza?

Russel as JACK: I'm... speechless... First of all my son didn't shoot himself with my service weapon. He's fine and at home with my wife, where I wish I was right now.

So basically... let me get this straight... You're saying if the United States Air Force funds your dig in Giza, you're promising that you will uncover a means of transportation throughout the galaxy.

DANIEL: Via the "Stargate," and given sufficient power it will be able to exceed the confines of our galaxy and travel to distant galaxies and even Ancient vessels used to seed the Universe.

JACK: Right... And you're also saying that we'll encounter alien life forms who aim to enslave us, but that's alright since within a ten year period we'll have exceeded them technologically and have intergalactic Battle Cruisers of our own? Am I on track so far?

DANIEL: That sounds about right, but that's only the beginning.

JACK: uh huh. You're also promising us the "City of Atlantis," which is really a powerful spaceship built by a race of beings that are made out of energy.

DANIEL: Well they weren't made out of energy when they built it...

JACK: And finally you're also promising us another Ancient Spaceship that has the ability to "seed" planets with life.

DANIEL: Well you're forgetting something.

JACK: What? I thought I had everything covered? Your presentation was possibly the most memorable thing I've ever heard, I don't think I'll be forgetting any aspect of it anytime soon... no matter how hard I try...

DANIEL: I also said that after the dig is successful you'll get to be a Two-Star General and you'll also get to look like that guy from MacGyver!

JACK: Have a good day Dr. Jackson.

[Jack leaves shaking his head]
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

The Wedding

[Walter rushes into a small room containing Jack, Daniel and Teal'c, all four wearing tuxedos]

WALTER: General, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is on the phone for you.

JACK: Walter! I thought I told everyone to leave their cellphones off, I'm kinda busy right now if you hadn't noticed.

WALTER: Yes sir. My phone is off, the message came through on my beeper.

JACK: Beeper? It's 2014, who carries a beeper anymore?

[Carter rushes in behind Walter]

CARTER: Sir, I have the Secretary of Defense on the line for you, it's urgent...

JACK: ...didn't anyone pay attention to the "no cellphone memo"? I had my secretary send it out in advanced and everything...

CARTER: ...it was my beeper.

JACK: oy! And what's with the "Sir"? Given the forum, I really don't think it's necessary... And isn't it bad luck for me to see you in that right now?

[pan out reveals Carter wearing a wedding gown]

CARTER: Yes sir--I mean Jack, but the Secretary of Defense says that Destiny's in orbit above Earth, they're back! they need you in Washington ASAP!
      sigpic
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

The Institution

[scene change]

SAMANTHA CARTER: ...okay, as long as you behave yourself you won't have to go back into isolation.

NICHOLAS RUSH: You don't have to worry about me.

[pan out reveals Carter to be wearing a white labcoat and Rush is wearing a medical gown]

[they enter a room where Teal'c, Ronon & Teyla are dressed as Orderlies. Cam and Sheppard are wearing White Labcoats like Sam]

[Rush sits down next to McKay & Daniel, all dressed in similar medical gowns]

RUSH: I have returned from a distant galaxy.

McKAY: Funny, I got back from Pegasus recently myself. I blew up a whole SOLAR SYSTEM! IN YOUR FACE SAM!!!--thinks she's so great because she blew up a sun... and gets to distribute the medication... I'M THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

DANIEL: Well I discovered the Stargate, none of this would be possible without me! And I've slept with two beautiful aliens! The Asgard named a ship after me!

[Cam walks over]

CAM: Listen you guys are going to have to quiet down, you don't want to have to go back into the isolation room do you?

RUSH: No Dr. Mitchell.

DANIEL: I need to speak to Jack! Where is he? Where's General O'Neill?!?

CAM: Well, Dr. O'Neill is busy with another patient right now. You can wait until he comes back or I can pass along a message to him.

DANIEL: Just tell him that we have to gear up! Adria has escaped and she'll be attacking soon!

CAM: Oookay. I'll make sure he finds out.

DANIEL: No you won't! I should have never let you join SG-1! You're the worst Colonel ever!

CAM: Still not a colonel Daniel, I'm just a psychiatrist.

McKAY: My colonel's way better Daniel! Hey Sheppard, if the Wraith attack me who has my back?

SHEPPARD: I do buddy! [winks at McKay]
        sigpic
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Series finale? Is it over already? Wow those 5 years went by very quickly.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
            Back to the Beginning

[scene change]

[James Spader as Daniel is standing at the speaker's podium in an auditorium filled with academics and Kurt Russel as Colonel Jack O'Neil]

Spader as DANIEL: ...and that's what can happen if you fund my dig in Giza.

[stops for applause, but none follow]

[Daniel leaves stage and approaches Jack]

DANIEL: So what did you think? Will the United States Air Force be interested in funding my dig in Giza?

Russel as JACK: I'm... speechless... First of all my son didn't shoot himself with my service weapon. He's fine and at home with my wife, where I wish I was right now.

So basically... let me get this straight... You're saying if the United States Air Force funds your dig in Giza, you're promising that you will uncover a means of transportation throughout the galaxy.

DANIEL: Via the "Stargate," and given sufficient power it will be able to exceed the confines of our galaxy and travel to distant galaxies and even Ancient vessels used to seed the Universe.

JACK: Right... And you're also saying that we'll encounter alien life forms who aim to enslave us, but that's alright since within a ten year period we'll have exceeded them technologically and have intergalactic Battle Cruisers of our own? Am I on track so far?

DANIEL: That sounds about right, but that's only the beginning.

JACK: uh huh. You're also promising us the "City of Atlantis," which is really a powerful spaceship built by a race of beings that are made out of energy.

DANIEL: Well they weren't made out of energy when they built it...

JACK: And finally you're also promising us another Ancient Spaceship that has the ability to "seed" planets with life.

DANIEL: Well you're forgetting something.

JACK: What? I thought I had everything covered? Your presentation was possibly the most memorable thing I've ever heard, I don't think I'll be forgetting any aspect of it anytime soon... no matter how hard I try...

DANIEL: I also said that after the dig is successful you'll get to be a Two-Star General and you'll also get to look like that guy from MacGyver!

JACK: Have a good day Dr. Jackson.

[Jack leaves shaking his head]
            Implying that all of the Stargate shows were mere dreams of what could have been?
            I LIKE it!

Comment

Originally posted by StarCapnRa View Post
              Implying that all of the Stargate shows were mere dreams of what could have been?
              I LIKE it!
              *remembers These Are The Voyages...*
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I LIKE it!
                Actually it implies that all three shows were just a representation of a presentation Daniel gives trying to get people to fund a dig he wants to have in Giza. It also implies that he's completely insane.
                sigpic
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Argh! Sneak fan-fic attack!!!
                  Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

I LIKE it!

Actually it implies that all three shows were just a representation of a presentation Daniel gives trying to get people to fund a dig he wants to have in Giza. It also implies that he's completely insane.
                    Wow.
                    Now I REALLY like it!
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 January 2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      *remembers These Are The Voyages...*
                      Please don't I am trying to erase that from my long term memory
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The Institution

[scene change]

SAMANTHA CARTER: ...okay, as long as you behave yourself you won't have to go back into isolation.

NICHOLAS RUSH: You don't have to worry about me.

[pan out reveals Carter to be wearing a white labcoat and Rush is wearing a medical gown]

[they enter a room where Teal'c, Ronon & Teyla are dressed as Orderlies. Cam and Sheppard are wearing White Labcoats like Sam]

[Rush sits down next to McKay & Daniel, all dressed in similar medical gowns]

RUSH: I have returned from a distant galaxy.

McKAY: Funny, I got back from Pegasus recently myself. I blew up a whole SOLAR SYSTEM! IN YOUR FACE SAM!!!--thinks she's so great because she blew up a sun... and gets to distribute the medication... I'M THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!!!

DANIEL: Well I discovered the Stargate, none of this would be possible without me! And I've slept with two beautiful aliens! The Asgard named a ship after me!

[Cam walks over]

CAM: Listen you guys are going to have to quiet down, you don't want to have to go back into the isolation room do you?

RUSH: No Dr. Mitchell.

DANIEL: I need to speak to Jack! Where is he? Where's General O'Neill?!?

CAM: Well, Dr. O'Neill is busy with another patient right now. You can wait until he comes back or I can pass along a message to him.

DANIEL: Just tell him that we have to gear up! Adria has escaped and she'll be attacking soon!

CAM: Oookay. I'll make sure he finds out.

DANIEL: No you won't! I should have never let you join SG-1! You're the worst Colonel ever!

CAM: Still not a colonel Daniel, I'm just a psychiatrist.

McKAY: My colonel's way better Daniel! Hey Sheppard, if the Wraith attack me who has my back?

SHEPPARD: I do buddy! [winks at McKay]
                        lol this scene makes me think of all these guys doing a skit at a party to celebrate the aniversery of the destiny crew returning to earth.i dont know why???

Comment

the crew wakes up on an alien world and Dr.Rush says...
                          Spoiler:
                          Dude....wheres my spaceship!??!

Comment

Talking about a finale when we haven't even seen a premiere yet? Only on GateWorld.

Personally, when this show ends, I'm not sure if I want them to make it back to Earth or not. Maybe they will continue to explore the vast expanses of the universe.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Talking about a finale when we haven't even seen a premiere yet? Only on GateWorld.

Personally, when this show ends, I'm not sure if I want them to make it back to Earth or not. Maybe they will continue to explore the vast expanses of the universe.
                              Haha so true, only on GW. But I agree, I think it should end with them still out there traversing the stars. Not only is that much more realistic than having them find their way home, but it would help keep Voyager comparisons to the minimum since Voyager made it home. (That is of course if voyager comparisons are still around in 5-7 years which I doubt.)

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X