Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU got a two year contract so I will say atleast 2 years.... but I honestly think MGM will NEVER admit it was a mistake no matter how bad it may turn out to be.

Comment

I have a feeling you may infact be correct, there.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I have a feeling that it's going to last longer than many probably want it to at this point, and it's going to eventually win a lot of those people over too. Or just make some slink off to a corner and sulk a bit.

It deserves a fair chance without having a bunch of baggage thrown on it in my opinion.
        Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          It's annoying how people are alrady saying SGU will be horrible.
          It was the same 6 years ago with Atlantis, most will disappear in the first year of the show. Really how long can someone repeat 'this sucks' before they get bored and go do something else?

I think the show will last 5 years, its the magic syndication number and how long Sga and sg1 went on scifi and how long sg1 went on that other network.

Even if the worst case scenario happened id expect at least 2 years with a massive retooling in the second season.

Sci-fi has put alot of support behind the franchise, if some of the fans from sga come over are added to the new fans then the show is more than set for many years to come.

Comment

if some of the fans from sga come over are added to the new fans then the show is more than set for many years to come.
            It may also add fans of SG-1 who abandoned Atlantis after the first couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
              It may also add fans of SG-1 who abandoned Atlantis after the first couple of years.
              Exactly, this show has about as much risk to it as a pile of gold setting in a bank vault. Theres no way it could fail like some worry. It couldnt be a better product, it couldnt be in a safer location, and theres nobody who could do it better than TPTB.

Comment

Working...
              X