Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah me too; Evil!Thor's reveal was one of the coolest scenes in the whole show IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
      Because it was a stupid attempt to shoehorn in a species that we'd seen before, and completely undermines the fact that the species committed mass euthanasia.

In concept it works fine. In practice, it was terrible, although the writers of the show can take a lot of credit for the poor nature of the season in general.
      But the presence of a violent subset of asgard is consistent with the real world mythology of the Asgard. The Aesir and the Vanir, hate it if u want but Loki couldnt have been the ONLY one like him. I would further speculate that the Wraith are the Frost Giants of myth, and the Bifrost (the rainbow bridge connecting worlds) is the Asgard word for stargates.

Comment

I'd honestly rather they not. I thought it was a mistake to bring them in in the first place.
        Personally, I agree with thevarrior. While I loved Thor and the Asgard on SG-1 (and Atlantis), the Asgard died in the series finale of SG-1. Let them rest in peace. It was bad enough they brought the Replicators over to Atlantis from SG-1, they had to bring "evil" Asgard as well. And to make matters worst, the show got cancelled before they were able to expand on that storyline!

Now if they want to bring over a Nox...
        sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Originally posted by Goauld System Lord View Post
          Personally, I agree with thevarrior. While I loved Thor and the Asgard on SG-1 (and Atlantis), the Asgard died in the series finale of SG-1. Let them rest in peace. It was bad enough they brought the Replicators over to Atlantis from SG-1, they had to bring "evil" Asgard as well. And to make matters worst, the show got cancelled before they were able to expand on that storyline!

Now if they want to bring over a Nox...
          First of all; why would the Nox have any interest in attacking the "5th Race's" base? They're devout pacifists, and really like us.

Secondly; aaaaaaargh my eyes!

Thirdly; is that the right way to use an apostrophe inside quotes?
          Last edited by Mongoletsi; 05 February 2009, 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Evil!Thor's
            An Asgard who isn't Thor who is also evil?

Comment

I think the Lost Tribe Asgard are the most dangerous threat in SGA so far besides the Replicators, i'd love to see them in Stargate Universe! But I don't see how.

Comment

I'd honestly rather they not. I thought it was a mistake to bring them in in the first place.
                The Asgard decided that they were a dead-end, handed off their technology to Stargate Command, and killed themselves in the series' finale Unending. Would you dishonor that by having them crop up again and again? Simply to satisfy your desires?

(In that case, "Gatie" is an insult.)

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I think the Lost Tribe Asgard are the most dangerous threat in SGA so far besides the Replicators, i'd love to see them in Stargate Universe! But I don't see how.
                  Not really: the so-called "lost tribe" of Asgard is little more than a group of intergalactic refugees. They lack just about everything that made the Asgard powerful. The original members of the lost tribe most like consisted, in large part, of biologists, doctors, and cloning technicians. They lacked the large infrastructure base of the Ida Asgard, as well as the physicists and engineers. Nearly every technological development made by the mainstream Asgard over the past 10,000 years would have been unavailable to the rogue Asgard, and perhaps many of the developments made before that.

The only reason that the rogue Asgard were a threat was because they had found a way to activate the Attero device, which was destroyed at the end of "The Lost Tribe." Their ships were defeated by a single Traveler vessel, despite the fact that the Travelers were outnumbered, and the Daedalus would have likely wiped the floor with them if its weapons were still working. In contrast, a BC-304 would still have trouble against even a small group of Hiveships.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Question; how much contact was there between the Ida Asgard, and the Pegasus Asgard? There was obviously some, as the Pegasus fellas knew what was going on in Ida.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                      Question; how much contact was there between the Ida Asgard, and the Pegasus Asgard? There was obviously some, as the Pegasus fellas knew what was going on in Ida.
                      None. I don't know where you get this information. If the Pegasus Asgard told the Ida Asgard about their intentions in the Pegasus their is a chance the Ida Asgard would try to stop them
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Indeed. I interpretted the Pegasus Asgard's comments as meaning they knew about Loki, and the demise of their bretheren. This may not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                          Indeed. I interpretted the Pegasus Asgard's comments as meaning they knew about Loki, and the demise of their bretheren. This may not be the case.
                          I do not remember that, but they did know that their race would die out eventually by cloning...

Comment

I don't think we'll see them in SGU, I'm betting they will pop up in the 2nd Atlantis movie. Yes, I believe there will be more than one SGA movie.

Comment

Working...
                            X