This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient stone for Earth/Destiny communication

If the crew are stranded onboard the Ancient ship "Destiny",and it will travel further and further away from Milkyway only stop on a preset location for a brief time.
    Even if Destiny has many ZPM , but it still require a point of orgin for the stargate to connect with Earth.

So Contact with Earth is minimum , which also is point, to start fresh for the new series.

But still the crew will need some contact with home to keep their spirit up , but not for weekly contact like Atlantis (after S2).

What if they have some Long range Ancient communication stone with that large device (the one Daniel and Vala use to discover the Ori).
    Sam had mange to replicate part of the recieving device.Like how Vala was able use Daniel's body as medium.Or they discover over Ancient stone witht he larger device.

Like once a while some crew member just got contact ,and like General O'neil arrive in crewman's body and start to review the mission, or a crew member can visit earth in some SGC airmen's body .They visit their family ,but can't identify themself.
    Last edited by ckwongau; 14 January 2009, 01:54 AM.

its a bit gimmacky but i like the besic idea

Comment

Spoiler:
      They're using this idea, there's spoilers out there somewhere about it

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
        Like once a while some crew member just got contact ,and like General O'neil arrive in crewman's body and start to review the mission, or a crew member can visit earth in some SGC airmen's body .They visit their family ,but can't identify themself.
        Or they send a top scientist like Sam or Rodney to the Destiny to assess the situation so the folks back home can start working on a possible technological solution. Every so often we could then see what the scientists are doing on Earth because scenes like these would provide the technobabble which a lot of us love to hear.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I heard somewhere that this is the method of communication they're using. What I'm guessing is that periodically there'll be episodes where something wrong is going on back on Earth and they have to use the stones. Not a bad idea, actually.

Comment

I think a cryptic hint was given that they would communicate with Earth in a cool way and this is widely believed to be the interpretation. I can't wait to see what happens when the stones dial the wrong person or someone uses them without making the proper arrangements to have the right person on the other end of the line.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

I was under the impression if they did do this, they crew of the Destiny would be the ones imposing themselves on a person's body on Earth

Comment

Spoiler:
                I think the spoiler could have just been to test the actors, because it was a script given to to actors who were trying out for roles on the show. It may or may not be used.

If this idea is used, they had better find a way to use the communication devices, because remember we never figured out how to deactivate it. But a there could be instructions on the Destiny somewhere, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I think the spoiler could have just been to test the actors, because it was a script given to to actors who were trying out for roles on the show. It may or may not be used.

If this idea is used, they had better find a way to use the communication devices, because remember we never figured out how to deactivate it. But a there could be instructions on the Destiny somewhere, who knows?
                  Exactly! Both times they were used by SG1 and SA they literally got to the point where they thought they were going to have to blow it up. Not going to be an option on the Destiny. But this would be the first time they have used one that is located in an actual Ancient ship. So your thoughts about there being instructions on the ship is possible. Of course McKay pointed out several times that the Ancients were horrible about leaving instructions behind.
                  sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                    If the crew are stranded onboard the Ancient ship "Destiny",and it will travel further and further away from Milkyway only stop on a preset location for a brief time.
                    Even if Destiny has many ZPM , but it still require a point of orgin for the stargate to connect with Earth.

So Contact with Earth is minimum , which also is point, to start fresh for the new series.

But still the crew will need some contact with home to keep their spirit up , but not for weekly contact like Atlantis (after S2).

What if they have some Long range Ancient communication stone with that large device (the one Daniel and Vala use to discover the Ori).
                    Sam had mange to replicate part of the recieving device.Like how Vala was able use Daniel's body as medium.Or they discover over Ancient stone witht he larger device.

There is going to have to be a larger power source on the Destiny then just one ZPM. This ship would have required enormous power generation to complete its mission. But I see what you are getting at. It will be interesting to see what type of drive and power source it has.
                    sigpic

Comment

According to the new article on Gateworld's homepage. They will have access to a Ancient Long-Range Communications device!!!
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                        According to the new article on Gateworld's homepage. They will have access to a Ancient Long-Range Communications device!!!
                        I like it! Might as well get the plot devices out there as soon as possible for us to digest!
                        sigpic

Comment

Good way to rotate some fresh/old faces into the lineup too. For a couple of episdoes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                            Exactly! Both times they were used by SG1 and SA they literally got to the point where they thought they were going to have to blow it up. Not going to be an option on the Destiny. But this would be the first time they have used one that is located in an actual Ancient ship. So your thoughts about there being instructions on the ship is possible. Of course McKay pointed out several times that the Ancients were horrible about leaving instructions behind.
                            Yes I am very much interested in finding out how they will turn the device on and off.

Perfecto!

Comment

Spoiler:

Source: Gateworld
                              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...ng-characters/
                              Chloe and Eli, meanwhile, have found an Ancient long-range communications device, the technology first introduced in the SG-1 ninth season episode “Avalon, Part 2? — used by Daniel and Vala to reach the Ori home galaxy with their minds. Their consciences assumed the bodies of two people who had recently been exposed to the technology. For Chloe and Eli, it connects them to people on Earth.

While the device could potentially be used for keeping in touch with Stargate Command, for now Eli and Chloe are using it seruptitiously to escape the confines of the ancient ship in deep space. But they find it to be a hollow experience. They reconnect with Chloe’s friends (in the guise of other people’s bodies) and learn what her friends really think of her. Chloe is stunned and saddened to discover that her friends only hung out with her because her father is a powerful U.S. Senator, revealing a vulnerable side to her character.

Basically, that sounds like SGU's version of a holodeck. I actually like that. It will be interesting to see them be able to escape the Destiny for a bit and 'live' life on Earth for a bit.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X