Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see some Aztec like furling technology

Comment

Not exactly new, but I think that, on top of a regular cloaking device, Destiny should have phase shifting tech to escape trouble when needed and a bunch of droids to conduct internal and external repairs. Destiny should be defensive, stealthy and fast, imo. It'd be cool if the ship was capable of atmospheric flights. Armament should be minimum. Maybe some energy turrets and one ion cannon to deliver some punches. Instead of Asgard-type transports, I'd like to see the rings being used once again. I'm not sure about the ship's power source... Maybe an artificial quantum singularity? Isn't that what the Ori use to power their ships and supergates? It would make sense if the Alterans shared such tech with the Ori prior to inventing the ZPMs.

Oh yes, Destiny should have regular shields, but no big deal.
      Last edited by Stormtrooper; 29 January 2009, 06:53 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

- a device what can project thoughts with touch to an other lifeform
        - polymorph furnitures, which will change their form
        - a device what is capable to grow plants in seconds (artificial light + time bubble combination)
        - a negative-gravity creator device, so they can walk or sleep above to spare place
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I, for one, would love to see a true AI on the Destiny. For one, it makes sense; we know from the Asurans that the Ancients possessed the ability to make AIs. Granted they were created long after the Destiny, but then again so were drones, which still remained in use for millenia after their creation. So it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have an AI running the ship.

And there are some interesting plot, drama, and comedy opportunities as well. For one, the ship has its own mission, so it would have its own agenda, an agenda that probably wouldn't coincide with the SGU team's. They could also not make it somewhat glitchy after all the time that's passed, give even the ship itself the feeling of not being entirely safe. Heck, you could even make it funny by making its human interaction skills...rusty.

Team:"We're explorers from the planet Earth; we've come to investigate where the Ninth Chevron on the Stargate leads."

AI: "Well, you've found where it leads. Well done, I'm sure you'll get rewards and accolades. Now get off my ship."

Team: "Unfortunately, we can't actually go home; we're stuck."

AI: "So...you came through the gate with a small, ill equipped team, knowing you were traveling vast distances since a large power source was required to dial this address,... and you didn't think to bring a way of getting home? Well, I'm sure you're people are a credit to your galaxies' gene pool...I suppose 'intelligent' life can sometimes be a contradiction in terms."

Team: "Wait a second here, that's not exactly how it happened...it's a lot more complicated than that..."

AI: "Well, I should hope so. Not even a hunter/gather species should be this unprepared."

Team: "We're not a hunter/gather species..."

Comment

Originally posted by Vis Uban View Post
            I, for one, would love to see a true AI on the Destiny. For one, it makes sense; we know from the Asurans that the Ancients possessed the ability to make AIs. Granted they were created long after the Destiny, but then again so were drones, which still remained in use for millenia after their creation. So it wouldn't be much of a stretch to have an AI running the ship.

And there are some interesting plot, drama, and comedy opportunities as well. For one, the ship has its own mission, so it would have its own agenda, an agenda that probably wouldn't coincide with the SGU team's. They could also not make it somewhat glitchy after all the time that's passed, give even the ship itself the feeling of not being entirely safe. Heck, you could even make it funny by making its human interaction skills...rusty.

Team:"We're explorers from the planet Earth; we've come to investigate where the Ninth Chevron on the Stargate leads."

AI: "Well, you've found where it leads. Well done, I'm sure you'll get rewards and accolades. Now get off my ship."

Team: "Unfortunately, we can't actually go home; we're stuck."

AI: "So...you came through the gate with a small, ill equipped team, knowing you were traveling vast distances since a large power source was required to dial this address,... and you didn't think to bring a way of getting home? Well, I'm sure you're people are a credit to your galaxies' gene pool...I suppose 'intelligent' life can sometimes be a contradiction in terms."

Team: "Wait a second here, that's not exactly how it happened...it's a lot more complicated than that..."

AI: "Well, I should hope so. Not even a hunter/gather species should be this unprepared."

Team: "We're not a hunter/gather species..."
            yeah it would be awsome and it would make for some great stargate episodes.

e.g - the AI become infected with a virus and starts screwing with (locking them in rooms and saying venting atmosphere etc.) or killing off the crew and the main characters have to get Eli to the central AI datacore to upload this anti-virus program that he develops over the courese of the episode.

what u tink?
            Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

A multi-dialer for the Stargate on the Destiny. They will be traveling through various galaxies & Stargate networks, so it makes sense that the DHD, or it's equilivant, on the Destiny would be able to access these different networks in different galaxies.

Having a dailer or PC or DHD or something which automatically adjusts itself to these different gate systems makes perfect sense & would just look friggin' cool. Something like a screen with changing symbols that correspond the type of Stargate network they're in makes sense. I hope the chevrons are also different colors for each gate network, that would be cool also.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                A multi-dialer for the Stargate on the Destiny. They will be traveling through various galaxies & Stargate networks, so it makes sense that the DHD, or it's equilivant, on the Destiny would be able to access these different networks in different galaxies.

Having a dailer or PC or DHD or something which automatically adjusts itself to these different gate systems makes perfect sense & would just look friggin' cool. Something like a screen with changing symbols that correspond the type of Stargate network they're in makes sense. I hope the chevrons are also different colors for each gate network, that would be cool also.
                yeah I hope we have something like this but also have it so that its more like the Atlantis DHD than the SGC's cause Atlantis's is way cooler!

lol

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Hover car in sky!

Comment

I would'nt mind also seeing some forcefields being erected around doors for once (I know its kinda star trek but I mean come on, the ancient didnt even think about it?)

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
                      I have and although its kinda interesting, theres just something that puts me off and I dunno why.

me and a friend were talking about this and I was thinking something similer. it could be like they wake the AI from "standby" mode when they arrive and ask her to return the ship to the Milky Way and Earth and she says something like "My core protocols prevent me from accessing navigation and doing so and although I can make course corrections to avoid hazards, I cannot deterimne the ship course" kinda thing. then they could try and do it themselves but the computer is protected by a ecryption thats so old they don't have a way of cracking it.

another bit of technology I would like to see is some kind of starmap/lab kinda place likeastrometricsin star trek voyager where the crew could see the ship progress and where they're heading

The ship could be an ancient ship, so the encryption is of Anceitn origin.

I would like to see ancient healing and diagnosis tech.

Where do you find info about SGU???
                      SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                      LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                      READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                      Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

Originally posted by SavetheGate View Post
                        The ship could be an ancient ship, so the encryption is of Anceitn origin.

I would like to see ancient healing and diagnosis tech.

Where do you find info about SGU???

yeah but I mean the encryption is such an ancient (pun intended) varitian of their language that it is practically impossible to crack without someone with huge amounts of experiance with the Ancient language such as Daniel Jackson (whom obviously they don't have so it gonna take a VERY long time for even their most knowledgeble scientist on the Ancients that they have to crack it)

as for info on SGU I use this sites info mostly but i do sorta leaf through other sci-fi news sites that sometimes (but rarely) have something interesting about SGU

All in favour of the AI idea, say AYE!

AYE!!!

LOL

Comment

Don't you think the AI could get kinda annoying though? 'Cos you know what AI is like, it never stops blabbering on, every time someone walked through a door it would be like 'Now opening door 1' then 'Now closing door 1'
                          SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                          LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                          READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                          Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

Originally posted by SavetheGate View Post
                            Don't you think the AI could get kinda annoying though? 'Cos you know what AI is like, it never stops blabbering on, every time someone walked through a door it would be like 'Now opening door 1' then 'Now closing door 1'
                            It depends on how an AI is used. Knowone is saying it always has to talk. Maybe it can talk like a Star Trek computer
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              It depends on how an AI is used. Knowone is saying it always has to talk. Maybe it can talk like a Star Trek computer
                              like I said in the first post if there was an AI hopefully it would be more like Cortana from the Halo games, The Doctor from Star Trek Voyager or even like Urgo from the episode 'Urgo' rather than the Computer from Star Trek so would hopefully interact with the crew better and become a character in its own right.

Comment

AI is a good idea, but a large armoury with lots of cool new ancient weapons would be even better!

Comment

Working...
                                X