Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new technology would you like to see in SGU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool ship!

Comment

a shotgun type zat that shoots multiple energy shots.... or a taser like wiffle ball bat as a melee weapon
      “Next to being witty, the best thing is being able to quote another's wit.” GO HUSKERS!

Comment

I think it would be interesting if the team quickly runs out of ammunition and has to improvise weapons by piecing together whatever bits of technology/junk that they can find, and barely understand. So you could get an awesomely overpowered death ray that works until it overloads and gibs a few redshirts and badly wounds a main character for a while.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I would like to see the 3 seashells.

Comment

Cloaking devices or short range Teportation devices
            Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

not exactly new technology but, if the destiny has a "briefing room" of sorts on board, it would be cool if its table was able to project holographic images and be used to show military scenarios and things of that kind.

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

i want to see the friggin furlings

Comment

An exploding Tumor machine.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    An exploding Tumor machine.
                    YEAH! that would be AWSO...... Wait A Minute!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                      more advanced medical technology. even though atlantis has a bunch of ancient knowledge, we really haven't seen any really good medical technology!
                      That is a great point. We have encountered some really advanced technologies, even have the Asgard database and we have yet to update some of our basic technologies.
                      sigpic

Comment

how about a new, faster or maybe slower form of FTL travel?

like in the Star Trek unvierse where they have:

.Warp Drive
                        .Transwarp Drive
                        .Quantum Slipstream drive
                        .Singularity Drive

etc.

Comment

I'd like to see cyborgs, like the technomages in B5. Also add neural interfaces to the list.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I would like to see super advanced alien tech. I don't think we'll be seeing lots of super advanced ancient tech because Destiny is supposed a really really old ship. Its possible that it might be so old that the ship does not posses any healing tech at all. The thing i would most like to see is alien tech that outmatches ancient tech, for too long SGA and SG1 would simply find ancient super weapons to solve their problems. I hope this is no longer the case.

Comment

i would like to see sum kind of ships
                              sigpic

Comment

New tech = new races with their own, unique technology we have never encountered before.

In terms of the Destiny itself; it would actually be really, really old technology.

I would love to see actual airlocks, an artium or some sort of fod/water-growing & processing facility (the Destiny is on a mission through unexplored parts of the universe after all; how the Hell are they going to eat/breathe & drink water if there's nowhere ot grow/store it fpr crying out loud?!?).

Anicent hand-held weapons, NO SHIELD/IRIS on the Stargate (way too convenient for SG-1 & SGA if you ask me, although totally plausable in both scenerios), better medical tech, a unique address dialer for the Stargate aboard the Destiny whenever it enters a new gate system/galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X