Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGU: News on casting, articles/reviews on show(not speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing good that came out of American Idol was Daughtry and David Cook. They actually write their songs and have decent music.

As per the SGU thing. Hopefully they keep the cast above 25 yo. I am still shocked that Robin Dunne is older than me. He looks like he is 21 yo.
    sigpic

Comment

No doubt they will annouce the others soon. Since they start filming in just a few short weeks!!!
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

The laptop turned out to be of less importantance as we spent most of the day watching casting streams. So far, we have our Rush, Young, and Eli (official announcements on the latter two to come later this week). And, after today’s session, it looks like we may have our Tamara. We have two terrific candidates for both Scott and Stasiak, and a very likely Chloe. Otherwise, a fairly quiet day. Given recent developments, the writing staff now numbers five, but there is talk of adding at least one more newbie to the mix in addition to freelancers.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-ceremony-yet/
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
          No doubt they will annouce the others soon. Since they start filming in just a few short weeks!!!
          Had a feeling more annoucements were going to be made this week.
          sigpic

Comment

Quote:
            The laptop turned out to be of less importantance as we spent most of the day watching casting streams. So far, we have our Rush, Young, and Eli (official announcements on the latter two to come later this week). And, after today’s session, it looks like we may have our Tamara. We have two terrific candidates for both Scott and Stasiak, and a very likely Chloe. Otherwise, a fairly quiet day. Given recent developments, the writing staff now numbers five, but there is talk of adding at least one more newbie to the mix in addition to freelancers.

Thanks for the news! Willing to bet they'll announce right after SGA's final credits run

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Thanks for the news! Willing to bet they'll announce right after SGA's final credits run
              Yes, but remember SGA was not replaced by SGU.
              sigpic

Comment

Have they actually ever said that?

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                  This is as bad as I thought it would be. They're casting infants. What will this guy do on the show? Sing?
                  Well, so far we know they have a 47 year old and a 25 year old (who may not even be in the casting). So they both are infants?

Also...I don't know...because when I pictured Eli, I pictured a guy who looks like Pigott. But thats just me.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  Spoiler:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-ceremony-yet/
                  So they do have Young. Who did they pick there...was he a big name actor like the originally said, or did they switch that with Rush (which means Rush more than likely wont be killed off)? We shall see...

Comment

Cool!!

Look so forward to the annoucements!!! Especially when it comes to Young. This has been the one I have looked forward to hearing the most!!
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

This is as bad as I thought it would be. They're casting infants. What will this guy do on the show? Sing?
                      Did you even read the post? He hasn't be cast, he's auditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Sebastian Pigott
                        Sebastian was the brother who looked "cute" but couldn't sign very well. His brother who also made it to the voting off stage was a great singer but not so cute. Guess who stayed longer? the cute one. Don't know if he can act (though I do have recorded Border episodes to watch still so haven't seen that episode yet) but he sure can't sing.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Apparently all you have to do to get cast in SGU is rock up to an audition!

No doubt I will have heard of none of the new cast but thats OK. I didn't know any of the cast of either SG1 or SGA (besides RDA of course) and have grown to love them all.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            Apparently all you have to do to get cast in SGU is rock up to an audition!

No doubt I will have heard of none of the new cast but thats OK. I didn't know any of the cast of either SG1 or SGA (besides RDA of course) and have grown to love them all.
                            I didn't even know who RDA was and I still love them all like family too.

Comment

I'n definitely looking forward to seeing who's cast as Young. I hope it's another name, to inspire some more confidence and interest in the series as RC did. If he's a decent actor as well then they could really anchor the series around the two older men in terms of plot and acting with "the young ones" following their lead. I agree I don't expect to have heard of any of the others. I hope "Chloe Carpenter" is cast well. From the very basic character sides it seems like this would be the hardest one to pull off without being a screaming cliche (party girl turned do gooder after fathers death etc) but could also be interesting and different from some of the other SG sterotypes if done well.

Comment

The guy is 25.
                                Same age Michael Shanks was when he took up the role as Dr Daniel Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X