Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoilers: Original Base, Original Attackers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
    If this enemy has already worked out a way to get to the Milky Way then the bigger problem wouldn't be what was happening to the team on Destiny, but what was happening to Earth. Although, having said that, it would provide a level of angst and drama - not only would they be stranded, but they'd be desperate not knowing what was happening to loved ones or the planet as a whole.
    Although thats a nice idea, would that not effect any new SG-1 and Atlantis Movies and the stories they need to finish telling?

I would then also find myself wanting to know more about the battle around Earth and the SGC and how its effecting the Jaffa and remaining Goa'uld rather than wanting to know about how one of the people on the Destiny misses their mum, LOL.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

yeah it would provide angst for the characters and the viewers too, but I don't know if it would be sustainable for the reasons you've given.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah it would provide angst for the characters and the viewers too, but I don't know if it would be sustainable for the reasons you've given.
        They are all good points, which is why I love and get absorbed into pre-series speculation so much.

On a side not I was just thinking that this base most likely can't be the new Moon Base they have been talking about, since any attack would be intercepted by Earths weapons platform and 304s
        Spoiler:
        assuming they all survive 'Enemy at the Gates'
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me
        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

If this enemy has already worked out a way to get to the Milky Way then the bigger problem wouldn't be what was happening to the team on Destiny, but what was happening to Earth. Although, having said that, it would provide a level of angst and drama - not only would they be stranded, but they'd be desperate not knowing what was happening to loved ones or the planet as a whole.
          i like that idea. Maby the enemy is invading as much galaxies it can. This way the series has 1 big enemy. And while they are stranded they could be looking for technology against the new enemy so they can save earth.

Comment

I was just thinking perhaps this base that's going to be in the first episode will be the launch pad where Destiny originally left the Milky Way.
            Perhaps when the team is exploring the facility someone accidentally activates a long range communications device (say someone with the ATA gene touches a console or something of importance), like a kind of a beacon, that reactivates Destiny, but also draws the attention of some knew foe that will be a reoccurring presence in SGU or could become a problem later on in the show.

It wouldn't be the first time that a team of explorers from Earth accidentally caught the attention of some far off race and the Universe is a very big place, so it's highly possible that races with advanced intergalactic propulsion could exist in a neighboring or even far off galaxy.

Comment

It has been a heck of a long time since I saw the movie, but if my rusty brain is reliable (and it probably isn't), wasn't that a bit similar to the movie - there Ra was in fact in another galaxy?
              sigpic

Comment

I believe Abydos was in another galaxy in the movie
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense for the secret base to be in the Pegasus Galaxy? There are already enough existing bad guys there without creating a new enemy in the Milky Way... which would only create problems... like where did this new enemy come from? What does it mean for Earth? Questions that wouldn't be answered since the show will follow the team through the gate to the Destiny..

Using an existing enemy from the Pegasus Galaxy makes more sense since so many new races were introduced this year... it could also answer the question of why they didn't go back to Earth when they were attacked.. (no Atlantis control crystal to dial the Milky Way) they must have enough power to dial Earth to be experimenting with the ninth chevron and it seems more than likely that they have already established a stable connection to the Destiny before the attack... otherwise why dial 9 chevrons when 7 will do?

Comment

Maybe once the enemy attacks them and forces them through the Gate, the SG-1 movie will pick up there in the MW galaxy to take care of that particular enemy that attacked. It could all be tied together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                      I was just thinking perhaps this base that's going to be in the first episode will be the launch pad where Destiny originally left the Milky Way.
                      Perhaps when the team is exploring the facility someone accidentally activates a long range communications device (say someone with the ATA gene touches a console or something of importance), like a kind of a beacon, that reactivates Destiny, but also draws the attention of some knew foe that will be a reoccurring presence in SGU or could become a problem later on in the show.

It wouldn't be the first time that a team of explorers from Earth accidentally caught the attention of some far off race and the Universe is a very big place, so it's highly possible that races with advanced intergalactic propulsion could exist in a neighboring or even far off galaxy.
                      hmm stumbeling on an outpost, get stuck in another galaxy, awake a new enemy....sounds a exactly like Stargate Atlantis

Comment

Yes, it makes more sense for the secret base to be in the Pegasus galaxy.

I also wonder if Daniel Jackson will make an appearance in the first episode.

Comment

What's the point in putting a spoiler warning in the title if you include the spoilers in it as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            1. You say that activating the beacon would "reactivate" the Destiny. Why would the Destiny have been inactivated prior to that?

2. How does the Destiny's home shipyard relate the ninth chevron and actually reaching the Destiny?

3. Why is everyone so certain that Universe is going to have a single, unified enemy?
                            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                              1. If the Destiny were in the Milky Way, then they would not need the ninth Chevron to reach it.
                              Unless the 9th chevron serves as a security feature to get on the ship, so that you'll need to use it no matter where the ship is.

It'd be hilarious if the enemy were the Furlings (keep reading), and they just show up to attack our heroes...and are never seen in the series again. Hahahaha.

I wonder if this enemy will be seen in the 3rd SG1 movie.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaR View Post
                                hmm stumbeling on an outpost, get stuck in another galaxy, awake a new enemy....sounds a exactly like Stargate Atlantis
                                Did I say stumbling on an outpost, for all we know they could have been exploring the facility for months.
                                The team won't exactly be stuck in one galaxy, they'll be exploring many and this time it'll be on a ship, in space, which is a little different from Atlantis.
                                The Universe team obviously won't be able to dial Earth from Destiny, so contact, perhaps until they come across a highly advanced race with the necessary technology, that's peaceful and sympathetic to their situation or they find the tech they probably won't have any kind of contact with Earth until at least a few seasons from the start.
                                I don't think I said awake an enemy, what I actually said was:

draws the attention of some knew foe that will be a reoccurring presence in SGU or could become a problem later on in the show.
                                So probably not anything like the Wraith, in the respect of a hibernating enemy.

Comment

Working...
                                X