X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess there's always a change they'll change it later

Comment

THERE is a thread for this, everybody knows, but at least you are getting the word out.

here is the link http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61774

sigpic
      Sig made by squirrely1
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
      *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

The title is a bit simple. Maybe "by air" could be better.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Seriously I do love the title and I'm intrigued as to what its in reference to within the opening 3-parter. Summer '09 can't come soon enough.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          The title is a bit simple. Maybe "by air" could be better.
          Maybe they'll extend the title so its named after the musical composition "Air on a G String" by Bach.

I'll get my coat.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Three words: High School English.

It turned me against Shakespeare for ever and ever, sorry.

I suggest you watch Shakespeare (movies [some are done well] or plays), don't read it. I can't stand reading his plays but watching them I like a lot better. After all they were meant to be watched, not read. MacBeth is my favorite, but there are a lot I have yet to see.

As to the title Air... well "Coup D'etat" was originally called "Genii Story!" and "48 Hours" was "Teal'c Interrupted" so maybe its just a working title. I know A lot of people don't want the word destiny in the pilot title, but I think "Destiny's Fortune" would make a good title.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              I suggest you watch Shakespeare (movies [some are done well] or plays), don't read it. I can't stand reading his plays but watching them I like a lot better. After all they were meant to be watched, not read. MacBeth is my favorite, but there are a lot I have yet to see.
              *nodnod* I find you'll get A LOT more enjoyment out of watching productions as Shakespeare is meant to be seen, not read. It's so much easier to read along if you've seen it acted. Even having it just read aloud or visualizing in your head helps.

But it's terribly bland if you just read it like it is.

Comment

Makes sense. I saw MacBeth acted out once, and actually enjoyed it somewhat.

But I'm too lazy to watch plays, so nothing changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  *nodnod* I find you'll get A LOT more enjoyment out of watching productions as Shakespeare is meant to be seen, not read. It's so much easier to read along if you've seen it acted. Even having it just read aloud or visualizing in your head helps.

But it's terribly bland if you just read it like it is.
                  You think so? 'Cause no matter how many versions of Taming of the Shrew I watch, I continue to hate it.

And then there are the times when I feel like my favourite plays have just been butchered by the actors or the direction or some self-important someone who's decided he needs to put a 21st century spin on the whole thing.

...and breathe...

I'll just stick to reading them, I think.

On a related note from Joe M's blog

Ava writes: “1) Do you plan an international team for SGU like there was in Atlantis? I’m looking forward this new series! It’s so difficult to find a good old scifi series in Tv these days. Anything scifi related and creative is very welcomed.

Answers: 1) The Destiny will not be crewed by an international team in the same was the Atlantis expedition was.
                  sigpic

Comment

Another piece of evidence that there won't be any "hand-selected" expedition, but a group of people that just happens to be on the ship when it zooms off.

Comment

Another piece of evidence that there won't be any "hand-selected" expedition, but a group of people that just happens to be on the ship when it zooms off.
                      I'm still trying to wrack my brain as to how this menagerie of seemingly unrelated personnel get stranded on an Ancient ship together...
                      sigpic

Comment

So how long until this gets leaked on to the Internet
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                          I'm still trying to wrack my brain as to how this menagerie of seemingly unrelated personnel get stranded on an Ancient ship together...
                          There is always the possibility that the ship doesn't take off right away. I've always thought that a more likely scenerio is that, the ship is discovered, it's pronounced safe by the team that discovered it, a few more teams are sent, and eventually it's safe enough to send a whole team of scientists and military people to protect them.

Then, when it becomes a regular thing to gate to/from the Destiny, and the people onboard are those who believed it to be a day job, something is triggered and they blast off.

Young, Nash, Jon, and Hitchcock can all be onboard logically, since they're just military, scientice, and medical people. Chloe can be on a "3-hour tour" with her daddy when the ship takes off; and Ron...well hey, he can be part of a Marine regiment that gets assigned there for some reason.

Comment

My theory also. It seems the most plausable explanation and provides the best avenues for story/character development.

I was just having a few laughs on another site and realised maybe it's not Air but Hair:

"Considerable speculation has led many to the conclusion that Sheppard's Hair is a totally sentient life-form in and of itself. It is believed to be the original ancestor of the Tribble. Most feel The Hair should have its own spin-off series ("Stargate: The Hair")."
                            Last edited by humanityspotential; 07 December 2008, 08:38 PM.

Comment

"air" as in HOT AIR???? sounds like something that crew would write.

Comment

itll change...tis probably something they came up with to give us because they dont want to tell us casting info.or they chose a simple title that might actually have to do with the pilot who the heck knows?!

Comment

Working...
                                X