It's coming...
    But I want it now...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      It's coming...
      Originally posted by Boon View Post
      But I want it now...
      #NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!

#MOUNT SPLASHMORE TAKE ME THERE RIGHT NOW!

Oh wait...that's from The Simpsons. But the point is I'm gonna stomp my feet whilst walking around until I get my Stargate: Universe.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        #NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!

#MOUNT SPLASHMORE TAKE ME THERE RIGHT NOW!

Oh wait...that's from The Simpsons. But the point is I'm gonna stomp my feet whilst walking around until I get my Stargate: Universe.
        it's going to get very noisey round your place i bet

still, i'm with you on the whole "i want it right now" front. the suspense is killing me
        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
        "what?"
        *throat punch*
        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post

still, i'm with you on the whole "i want it right now" front. the suspense is killing me
          I know, Just throw us a bone here guys, some info, some dodgy mobile phone photo's of sets, script snippets, red shirt castings, something!!

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post

It will indeed. Is it possible to sue for provoking noise? If it is then TPTB can stop me by just doing what Boon is suggesting below:

Originally posted by Boon View Post
            I know, Just throw us a bone here guys, some info, some dodgy mobile phone photo's of sets, script snippets, red shirt castings, something!!
            Yes.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Anyway, John [Scalzi] came by the production offices yesterday. We sat all sat around and discussed the show and the Air three-parter, took a stroll down to Stages 4 and 5 to tour the in-progressUniverse sets, discussed John’s involvement in the production[/B] and, finally, moved on to the most important part of his visit: Dinner at Fuel.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ether-at-last/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks, Jumper!

The sets are still works in progress, huh? I hope the paint will have dried by the time it comes filming...

...Actually...weren't Atlantis' sets pretty fresh from construction when the time came to film on them?

Comment

New details for Air on GateWorld home page...

Just what is Rush’s secret project? From the scarce info we have seen so far, he is apparently trying to figure out how to make use of the Stargate’s ninth chevron (story). This project is probably taking place at a secret off-world base run by Earth, and our guess is that Colonel Young is the base’s commander. That would explain why the two men clash over who is in charge when they find themselves evacuated to the Destiny. Is it a military operation, or an extension of Rush’s project?

Chloe and Eli, meanwhile, have found an Ancient long-range communications device, the technology first introduced in the SG-1 ninth season episode “Avalon, Part 2? — used by Daniel and Vala to reach the Ori home galaxy with their minds. Their consciences assumed the bodies of two people who had recently been exposed to the technology. For Chloe and Eli, it connects them to people on Earth.

While the device could potentially be used for keeping in touch with Stargate Command, for now Eli and Chloe are using it seruptitiously to escape the confines of the ancient ship in deep space. But they find it to be a hollow experience. They reconnect with Chloe’s friends (in the guise of other people’s bodies) and learn what her friends really think of her. Chloe is stunned and saddened to discover that her friends only hung out with her because her father is a powerful U.S. Senator, revealing a vulnerable side to her character.
                  So the "air" reference sounds to be exactly what we thought it would be. Predictable.

And it looks like they're sticking with the "poor little rich girl" sub-plot. I'm really not looking forward to that bit.

She's shocked that her friends only hung out with her because she was a Senator's daughter? Oh boy. Cry me river.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think that part is just the old info finally reported by Gateworld.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                      Also from the page you linked about the character "Henry".

Henry. He reports to McDonald that the Destiny’s life support systems activated automatically when they dialed the ship, but it’s not working right and they have only a few hours of breathable air left.

Hence the title "Air"?
                      sigpic
                      FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                        Also from the page you linked about the character "Henry".

Henry. He reports to McDonald that the Destiny’s life support systems activated automatically when they dialed the ship, but it’s not working right and they have only a few hours of breathable air left.

Hence the title "Air"?
                        Sounds nothing at all like rising...
                        Stuff activating automatically when people arrive but oh noes, it not working properly...

I get that you need to have drama and excitement but surely they can do something a little better than that... Like the 20 plus THOUSAND years of wear and tear on the hull, it's an old ship, built before the technological peak of the alterans, of course its going to wear... something so simple and most of all much more than mere "oh noes, its the worst possible outcome as a series of unforseeable and unlikely events cometogether in an orgy of misfortune for us, but wait, the smart guy can fix it with his mad 1337 hacking skillz"

I'm so sick of seeing mcKay save the day with his little tablet thing... computers and their associated wiring don't fix everything. if the door is busted, you can't always reprogram the hinge, you bust out a screw driver and get old school on that bad boy.

Comment

This is my first post so I apologize if this has already been brought up or if anything else is messed up.

But I was thinking about Universe after reading the plot synopsis for "Air" and it sounds like Universe's plot has a major role on Earth. From what I've gathered about the explanation of SGU is that they're not going to focus on exploration of other worlds.

Now I know they'll have stories where they go to a world for supplies. But I've always thought that one of the main staples of SG1 was exploring for other planets for the pursuit of knowledge (advanced tech, culture, ect.) and I don't get the feeling that SGU will have that as much. Just want some opinions from some others thanks.

Comment

I still don't like the looks of it so far, heres how it seems to be going atm.

Air part 1 description: Chloe and her geek boyfriend Eli makes the most shocking discovery in the Universe ,Chloe's friends only like her because of her daddy.

Air part2: Chloe goes underground to hide from her so totally uncool friends, however when Eli tells her about the Stargate program her world changes forever.She soon finds out Eli has a bad taste for jobs.

Air part 3: 2 years later she is the white house liason to the SGC however when she and her wild teenage friends throw a booze party on an off world base while all the "adults" are out some aliens with totally no sense of fashion show up and destroy the party so Dr David-EVIL- Rush dials a 9 symbol address to escape, and they find themselves on a ship called the Destiny.

I'm sorry if I put alot of negative stuff in there. But thats how I see it so far. If SGU proves to be awesome consider this post meaningless.
                            Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                              I'm sorry if I put alot of negative stuff in there. But thats how I see it so far. If SGU proves to be awesome consider this post meaningless.
                              If that's the impression you have gotten from the information so far, then I think I already do

In regards to the original post, I agree that it doesn't seem like there will be much scope for exploration. However, as long as a lot of emphasis is placed on the Gate, I think they could take it in a new direction and still make it feel like Stargate.

Comment

I am interested in the first scene of the premiere ep.
                                Will it like the first scene of SGA, the Atlantis leaving earth?
                                Ancient launching the Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                                X