This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeding?

i remember reading something about seeding planets before on the forum somewhere. i just wanted to mention if anybody has seen atlantis 5x15 remnants, they used the term "seed". do you think they will be using the same kind of technology and thats what the writers meant when they said the ancients seeded the universe when they came up with the sgu concept?

Ummm..... Im not sure if im 100% correct here but, the Ancients "seeded" human life with the Dakara Device, where as the "seeding" they talk about in SGU is "Gate Seeding" e.g. putting Stargates onto uncharted planets!

Slap me if im wrong though!

Or slap me if I mis-understood the question!

Or, just slap me!
    A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

The seeding of life thing has always bugged me...
      Is it really ethical to spread life as you know it all over the galaxy all willy nilly, There is limitless potential for life beyond our own carbon and water based life forms, who's to say you're not eradicating all sorts of other life forms out there because you're too stupid/ignorant to see it....

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post
        Ummm..... Im not sure if im 100% correct here but, the Ancients "seeded" human life with the Dakara Device, where as the "seeding" they talk about in SGU is "Gate Seeding" e.g. putting Stargates onto uncharted planets!

Or, just slap me!
        *slap*

What?...you asked for it
        sigpic
        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Or, just slap me!
          erm...... i understand the part they put stargates onto other planets. but if you watch the episode remannts, that probe or whatever it was designed to "seed" life on planets so that species could resurrect themselves. what i was meant to say is do you think the ancients will use a similar sort of technology like that probe to "seed" life in other galaxies?

Comment

Ahhh right..... Well the Ancients where not intrested in "seeding" the same way the "Sakari" (SP?) where, the Sakari wanted to prolong there poeple by creating another branch of there race, along with there knowledge, culture etc.......

Where as seeding for the Ancients was more about spreading "life" as a basic form!

So the probe the Sakari used and the Dakara Device where almost the same apart from the probe was designed to nurture the new race and guide them into becomming like they once where.

Going by the way the Ancient conducted themselv's, i should think if they where going to try and re-start the people it would be once they arrived back in the Milky Way, however as we know they got hung up on the idea of Acension (SP?)

Please Apply Slap where required
            A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boon View Post
              The seeding of life thing has always bugged me...
              Is it really ethical to spread life as you know it all over the galaxy all willy nilly, There is limitless potential for life beyond our own carbon and water based life forms, who's to say you're not eradicating all sorts of other life forms out there because you're too stupid/ignorant to see it....
              Human life is all that matters. Dont hug ETs some of them bite.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                Human life is all that matters. Dont hug ETs some of them bite.
                to paraphrase Teal'c: this LIFEFORM is the only one that matters!

Comment

Know this is what bugs me -

So many times SG1 we hear that the goauld came and too slaves, hosts, etc from earth. That the "tauri" were taken and distributed through the galaxy.

But then suddeny this dakara device appears and suddenly it is what gave life to all of the human inhabited planets out there in the galaxy.

My point is that basically TPTB will be decide what they mean by "seeding" as the show progresses!

Comment

Working...
                  X