X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i assume you are squall, briangate?
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      i assume you are squall, briangate?
      Depends on what day.
      sigpic

Comment

What's really hilarious is that everyone in SciFi's Universe forum seems to already hate the very idea of Universe. The bad word of mouth is going to kill this show before its even born (not that that's a bad thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
          What's really hilarious is that everyone in SciFi's Universe forum seems to already hate the very idea of Universe. The bad word of mouth is going to kill this show before its even born (not that that's a bad thing).
          GW is bad with the griping, but the folks on SCI FI.com are also upset. So it's going to be interesting. If the average viewer feels the same way and puts two and two together, they may not watch SGU. Who knows though. It seems even Sanctuary is losing steam for even their first season, which I wanted to add is a shame but some people like to use that little red button to red people. Anyway Friday night's are tough.
          Last edited by Briangate78; 14 December 2008, 10:05 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe they'll stick the second season of Sanctuary, which has been a pleasant suprise, and the first season of Universe together of Friday nights. At least then they could feed off of each other like SG-1, Atlantis, and BSG used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              GW is bad with the griping, but the folks on SCI FI.com are also upset. So it's going to be interesting. If the average viewer feels the same way and puts two and two together, they may not watch SGU. Who knows though. It seems even Sanctuary is losing steam for even their first season, which I wanted to add is a shame but some people like to use that little red button to red people. Anyway Friday night's are tough.
              People are probably more upset, since GW deletes some negative posts. If they make SGU too radically different from SG1/SGA, they will lose audience. SG is comfort tv. the writing has never been stellar (pardon the pun) but it's an easy hour of episodic tv. It does well in syndication because of that. If they suddenly think 'oh, let's go with a BSG type theme', you may pull in some new audience, but may lose old. As it is, SGA dies in January, and then you'll have half a year of nothing. (Stargate-wise). I suspect Skiffy will spend big bucks on budgeting (unless they invested with Madoff) to push the 'shiny new toy' on the viewers.

Comment

We've had a long standing policy on GW of not discussing other forums, or the way that people post in other forums, or the posts made in other forums etc etc, you guys get the idea

Good of Brian to post the news about the Skiffy forum opening here, but there doesn't seem to be any need or point to this thread anymore. If you want to talk about the way that GW is run, we've got other threads and folders for that. Please do join in the mission statement discussion too (see my sig below).
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X