This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe good or bad

Ok, so I was wondering if anybody is excited about universe. Also I was wondering how many people out there will refuse to even watch the pilot. I recomend everybody reserve their judgment till after the Universe pilot, then if u hate it dont watch it. Also, people will refuse to watch universe because universe was the reason atlantis was cancelled. Then, angry fans twist everything the producers say to make universe look stupid or 90219ish. Dont get me wrong, i am still angry atlantis was cancelled becasue of universe, but i am not refusing to watch universe and i am grateful that we will get atlantis in dvd form. so now what do u guys think
    sigpic

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    Ok, so I was wondering if anybody is excited about universe. Also I was wondering how many people out there will refuse to even watch the pilot. I recomend everybody reserve their judgment till after the Universe pilot, then if u hate it dont watch it. Also, people will refuse to watch universe because universe was the reason atlantis was cancelled. Then, angry fans twist everything the producers say to make universe look stupid or 90219ish. Dont get me wrong, i am still angry atlantis was cancelled becasue of universe, but i am not refusing to watch universe and i am grateful that we will get atlantis in dvd form. so now what do u guys think
    I'll definetly still watch Universe. The more I learn about it the more excited I get. I'm still angry about Atlantis's cancellation but I'm not going to take that out on Universe.

Comment

Nope, not interested at all. I'll give the alleged Atlantis movie a look to see if the writing is better than Arc and Continuum, but, truthfully, as far as I'm concerned, the franchise is dead after Atlantis is over.

Comment

why so negative? at least watch the pilot
        sigpic

Comment

I don't like the fact that Atlantis got cancelled, but why stop watching Stargate because of that? I liked SG-1, I liked Atlantis, I see no reason why I wouldn't like Universe.

I understand people feel angry SGA got cancelled because of SGU and I'm disappointed too, but not watching Universe is not going to bring Atlantis back. Did anyone not watch season 4 of Atlantis because SG-1 had been cancelled?

As far as I'm concerned, Stargate had been renewed for another few years and that makes me happy, no matter how sad I am that Atlantis is over. My advice to all the angry people out there: try to see the things seperately. Who knows how great SGU is going to be? No one will, unless they watch the pilot and the first few episodes. I think we should give SGU a chance.
          "The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mirjam View Post
            I don't like the fact that Atlantis got cancelled, but why stop watching Stargate because of that? I liked SG-1, I liked Atlantis, I see no reason why I wouldn't like Universe.

I understand people feel angry SGA got cancelled because of SGU and I'm disappointed too, but not watching Universe is not going to bring Atlantis back. Did anyone not watch season 4 of Atlantis because SG-1 had been cancelled?

As far as I'm concerned, Stargate had been renewed for another few years and that makes me happy, no matter how sad I am that Atlantis is over. My advice to all the angry people out there: try to see the things seperately. Who knows how great SGU is going to be? No one will, unless they watch the pilot and the first few episodes. I think we should give SGU a chance.
            I totally agree. I'm still angry over Atlantis's cancellation, but that's no reason to condemn Universe for that. You never know until you try it! I'll watch the pilot, and I think I'll watch all the other episodes, even if I don't like the pilot. Who knows? It might gain on me.

Comment

If the casting list is the same as the one I read earlier, Stargate Universe reads like a cheap dime store novel and I'm just a "few years" beyond that. I feel that the producers of Stargate have gone and slapped the fans in the face with their view that Atlantis fans will "just get over it" and accept SGU. Sorry, not me. SciFi has lost a viewer, not because Atlantis is no longer on the air, (I will watch the reruns or watch the DVD), but because SciFi has become a channel of reruns and rather rotten movies. The few new shows they have just aren't enough to draw me away from USA with Monk or CBS with Numb3rs and NCIS.
              There are only 10 types of people in the world
              Those who understand binary
              and those who don't.

Comment

Im going to be honest here, Atlantis has become quite stale the past few seasons, i still watch it, but its ran out of steam due to poor writing decisions.

I welcome Universe with open arms, its going to be fresh, exciting and new, the whole 'lost in space' stuff sounds cool and it should have the sense of isolation that Atlantis should have had for longer.
                Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

I am not happy over Atlantis's cancellation. However, I will watch the pilot. One thing I think will lead me to hate Universe is how it takes it away from all things Earth. The first season of Atlantis we didn't get hardly any Earth involvement. Then we start getting communications to and from Earth. Then we get the ships to travel back and forth and a ZPM to travel back right away. I am afraid it is going to be the same story type with Universe. All about exploring another Anicent thing a ma jig cut off from Earth until some new tech allows us to re-unite with them. If that is going to be the case why not just call it Atlantis 2.0! The allure of Stargate, and even the producers said this, was that it is happening now in our time and affects us. I think the whole franchise is getting away from that mantra. So either we get a re-boot of Atlantis or we get a show that goes directly away from Stargate's main themes by being permanently cut off (ie. probably only communications.) Hello Stargate Voyager.

Comment

Stargate has changed and grown over the years (in some ways for the better, and in some ways not, it's not the one-way progression that some "fans" would have you believe), and SG:U will be just another extension of this.

I'll watch it, and you'll hear my opinion on the show when I've actually seen it: the writers have earned my viewing the first season, at least. And if people still watch it and think "This is terrible, I could do a better job writing for Stargate!!!"... then do so. They're looking for new writers, so feel free to offer your services.

[/2cents]
                    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by JPS View Post
                      Nope, not interested at all. I'll give the alleged Atlantis movie a look to see if the writing is better than Arc and Continuum, but, truthfully, as far as I'm concerned, the franchise is dead after Atlantis is over.
                      i thought they would have waited till atlantis season 8 or summut before they would start sgu but i didnt think they would have cancelled it lol still im going to watch it because it sounds interesting but if it ends up like fagglestar gaylactica then i will not watch it, but im still looking forward to the atlantis film hahahahahaha
                      Captain Simms

Comment

I have to say I am not turning cartwheels or anything about Stargate 'Universe'. Especially after reading some proposed character descriptions. I got the whole 'been there-seen-that' vibe from them. And neither am I altogetherly impressed with the whole plot idea.

I am still quite bitter about the Atlantis cancelation, but for the sake of Stargate in general I plan to at least watch the pilot. And then, well who knows? For the longest time I didn't watch Stargate Atlantis because I thought nothing could ever compare to SG1, and I was pleasantly surprised with the SGA series and am currently hooked on it. So, since I was proved TOTALLY wrong once, I will give SGU a few trys.
                        Lets just say Radek Zelenka can be my Mad Scientist any day!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Humanityspotential for the awesome Zelenka Siggie!

Comment

I knew that when we got beam weapons that Atlantis would be over (Over-powered weapons and 5 seasons of Sci-Fi Show do not mix). I will definately watch Universe-I just hope that there will be no Asgard Computer core or beam weapons to be featured.

Comment

I will definitely watch the pilot. I thought SGA was going to be terrible until I watched the pilot.... So, there's no telling what SGU will be like.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JPS View Post
                              thats a bit negative. you not even giving SGU a chance.

im doubtful about SGU but im still gonna give it a chance and at least watch the first 5 eps before i make a decision.
                              GO STARGATE
                              RDA ROCKS

Ships are EVIL!!!

= FAIL
                              --------------------------------------
                              Visit MY Mini City
                              http://bagzy.myminicity.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X