Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it be a great idea. at first i thought id hate him because of his previous apperences and what with weir leaving for carter then her going i thought the leader changed to much.

but he is actually a good addition and i like him. he aint hardly been in it this season so im sure they could find a way. id would certainly perk up my interest in the show after all of the horrible stuff thats been popping up on the internet about it!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Its never going to happen. TPTB are too happy with his new status
      as am I

as SGA commandar.
      administrator
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Besides, Woolsey ain't exactly 'young'. He'd never make it.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          but would never be able to report back

Thats a good reason, more chance to bend the rules, and see Woolsey make some huge decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            administrator
            Sematics
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Sematics
              nope. Woolsey isn't in charge of the military, that's Shep's job
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                nope. Woolsey isn't in charge of the military, that's Shep's job
                Yep Its not something TPTB usually touch on. They are not really going to argue on the difference between the adminstrator and commandar so its not that big of a deal
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by hbuddyholly View Post
                  With Atlantis finishing up its regular presence on tv, I don't think that Woolsey will get enough air time. Therefore I put fourth that Richard Woolsey should become part of the Universe team in some sort of capacity. A real man of experience to counteract the 'young' team. Who's with me on this one?
                  Over my dead body, son. Woolsey is fail.
                  sigpic

Comment

In other thread I was going to post that no SG1/Atlantis character should be on Universe to give it a brand new feel. But Woolsey in Universe would actually be great. Maybe because he was not a main character on SG1 or Atlantis. His presence also make sense since the IOA involvement. (I'm under the impression, correct me if you know I'm wrong, that the destiny will be lost during the inaugural/test or ceremonial flight.)

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    Um, no.

And if they're going for a younger demographic, why the hell would they have a character that looks like a high school maths teacher?

You can dream, but it just ain't gonna happen. And rightly so.
                    The contrast between Woolsey and the other characters could be interesting. But I think he would need to have some "power" (so he cannot be someone that everybody ignore).
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                      I would like to see him involved though as he has a lot to offer as a character.
                      Yup. SGU needs some older and anti-hero type characters, since it seems, that they all are so young and perfect. It's so boring. Typical for producers to make it like fantasy of male teenager. All so heroic and beautiful, that it makes me puke.

SG's should be about normal people in difficult situations, not perfect heroes. It would be much more interesting.

Woolsey has so much to offer, it would be shame if he wouldn't appear in the show, since he was just beginning to grow to his full potential. Although I didn't like how they turned Woolsey too much of comical character, it made it harder to take him seriously. I hope that they would give the character the change, and show him off more serious way. I also hope to see him more like good old kick-ass bureucrat, with good will and sincerity.
                      I have some Wraith DNA in my genetic make-up, that makes me want to use trench coat.

sigpic

"Jaffat tulloo... Helmat paukkuu..."

Comment

Hmmm, I don't really see it happening. Don't ask me why but I just don't think his character would fit into Universe.
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by cryogenic_limbo View Post
                          Yup. SGU needs some older and anti-hero type characters, since it seems, that they all are so young and perfect. It's so boring. Typical for producers to make it like fantasy of male teenager. All so heroic and beautiful, that it makes me puke.

SG's should be about normal people in difficult situations, not perfect heroes. It would be much more interesting.
                          Didn't like SG1 and SGA then?

There are older people, and there are definitely anti-heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Didn't like SG1 and SGA then?

There are older people, and there are definitely anti-heroes.
                            Maybe I talked too harshly and quicky about SGU, but that's the picture I have from the show. Soon I well see if I am wrong about it.

I like SG1 and SGA a lot. There is those anti-heroes too, but they don't get enough screen-time. Compared to many other shows SG's producers don't take enough advantages of bad guys and anti-heroes. Characters like Kavanagh and Woolsey are full of potential, and I love SGA S5 because producers have understand a potential of Woolsey's character. Although his character is bad written in S5, but I'm still glad that they tried.
                            As in my perspective they failed to develop Woolsey's character the way that would honour his admirable interesting character, I hope that he would get another chance, even in minor role.
                            I have some Wraith DNA in my genetic make-up, that makes me want to use trench coat.

sigpic

"Jaffat tulloo... Helmat paukkuu..."

Comment

God no please... he was great as the doctor but not woosley
                              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I agree that Woolsey was a character that could have been used really well, but they didn't really do much with him in Atlantis.
                                You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Working...
                                X