This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slyke View Post
    That is seriously the best come back I have ever heard.
    Still waiting for the rest of his/her reply.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have a feeling you'll be waiting a long time FH
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I have a feeling you'll be waiting a long time FH
        I got time.

Comment

As far as Continuity is concerned, Universe's own premise makes this a moot concern.

Think about it - Unlike Atlantis, where at the start there was the distant promise that the characters might be able to return to Earth one day, but with no certainty of it, Universe is being sold on the idea that these characters CAN'T get back. Stuck wondering from Galaxy to Galaxy (how they will make that part work is beyond me) unable to get back to Earth. So unless any of these characters do, and say tell Atlantis or Stargate Command what is going on and what they have been doing, it has absolutely no bearing on what Dr Jackson or Teyla are doing in their respective settings. - Maybe thats part of the idea that sold the pitch?

Heck, even if they wanted to "tie in" characters from SG1 or Atlantis post the pilot, the only way they could do it is in flashback sequences or parallel realties!
          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I got time.
            I'll go get the coffee.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Not advocating anything - but it's the same thing as reading the blurb/summary on the back of a book and going "meh, not interesting enough."
              Personally I read the casting calls and the basic premise and I was thinking "meh, better things in the world to look forward to." - which is the same thing as say reading the back of Lord of the Rings and go "NEXT!".
              I can't quite decide whether this was tongue-in-cheek or not.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                You clearly didn't even read the OP, since I asked if they'd remove Universe from Stargate continuity if it didn't work out. I'm pretty sure that's a fair question when talking about a franchise defined by:
                1.) 200+ episode award winning series
                2.) 100 episode award winning series
                3.) Multimillion dollar blockbuster film
                4.) 2 #1 DVD Movies

I was wondering if they'd remove it if it hypothetically was canceled in say 6 episodes, because that would sully an overall stellar record.

Oh no no no I was saying anything against the OP I was commenting on those who DO damn the show before it airs
                "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I got time.
                  *raises hand* If I may? I'll give a come back in his/her stead...

Reading a summery of a book on the back of a cover and choosing to read that book based on that alone is at worst picky to the point of supreme silliness and at best intellectually lazy...you can't judge a story by a few lines nor a character by a very rough casting call...

also...you father smells of elderberries...AND your so unhip its a wonder your bum doesn't fall off
                  "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                    As far as Continuity is concerned, Universe's own premise makes this a moot concern.

Think about it - Unlike Atlantis, where at the start there was the distant promise that the characters might be able to return to Earth one day, but with no certainty of it, Universe is being sold on the idea that these characters CAN'T get back. Stuck wondering from Galaxy to Galaxy (how they will make that part work is beyond me) unable to get back to Earth. So unless any of these characters do, and say tell Atlantis or Stargate Command what is going on and what they have been doing, it has absolutely no bearing on what Dr Jackson or Teyla are doing in their respective settings. - Maybe thats part of the idea that sold the pitch?

Heck, even if they wanted to "tie in" characters from SG1 or Atlantis post the pilot, the only way they could do it is in flashback sequences or parallel realties!
                    Come on people, bit of creativity please.

We know that their is intergalactic communication technologies around. We know the ancients had that capabilities before they left their own galaxy (ori galaxy). They can link that technology which Sam did manage to reverse some of it, at least she built a receiver. So just extend it and say Destiny have a intergalactic communication system that allows SGC to receive data bursts from them.
                    Eventually this technology could be shown to developed into real time two way communication system and that combine Asgard holographic technology and that gives you away to bring back SGA and SG1 characters .

To be honest through I do not really want them appearing in the show. I want it to remain independent of past characters. Plus given the younger cast I doubt they will grown ups around telling them when to go to bed or not to press that big red button which says do not press along the top of it.

As to what happens if the show fails, looked at what happen with Stargate infinity, no one anywhere involve in the running of the Stargate franchise admit their involvement with that series. And know one ever talks about it, it virtually forbidden to talk about it on these forums.

Comment

Like I said before-No bloody way of going home

Comment

What? I should praise it? Pfff... right. Ever read the blurb on the back of a book and went "meh, can't be good." and put it back. Same difference.

Besides underneath the joke RiS makes a good point.
                        No it's not. It's the equivalent of reading the blurb of a book, going "meh" and then never shutting up about how crap that book would have been despite having never read it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          I can't quite decide whether this was tongue-in-cheek or not.
                          It was the first book that came to mind as I was searching for an example. it happened to be in my line of sight.

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                          *raises hand* If I may? I'll give a come back in his/her stead...
                          Thank you.

Reading a summery of a book on the back of a cover and choosing to read that book based on that alone is at worst picky to the point of supreme silliness and at best intellectually lazy...you can't judge a story by a few lines nor a character by a very rough casting call...
                          And yet, nobody cares if we 'judge the book by its cover/summary'. But judge a series on its casting call/summary and the whole place is in an uproar. And yet, it's the same thing (as I said in my original post).

also...you father smells of elderberries...AND your so unhip its a wonder your bum doesn't fall off
                          *snort*

Comment

And yet, nobody cares if we 'judge the book by its cover/summary'. But judge a series on its casting call/summary and the whole place is in an uproar. And yet, it's the same thing (as I said in my original post).
                            The difference being...Stargate has become somewhat of an endangered species... SG1 is nothing more now then the possibility of a couple movies a year if that same for SGA...Universe is the hope of Stargate, so it needs support at least in the beginning

*snort*
                            ...touche

Comment

The difference being...Stargate has become somewhat of an endangered species... SG1 is nothing more now then the possibility of a couple movies a year if that same for SGA...Universe is the hope of Stargate, so it needs support at least in the beginning
                              Endangered species should be protected from going extinct... Let's make sure we have some samples in a library to make sure we can keep it alive. There must be a zoo somewhere who is willing to set up a breeding program for it.

Comment

Endangered species should be protected from going extinct... Let's make sure we have some samples in a library to make sure we can keep it alive. There must be a zoo somewhere who is willing to set up a breeding program for it.
                                The problem is breeding...we can raise the program in captivity but no one will let it breed.

Comment

Working...
                                X