Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate constantly seeing aliens that either look like us or that think like us. What's wrong with the Universe team encountering an entire galaxy orbiting the sleeping Azatoth, inhabited by bizarre tentacled horrors worshiped by the idiot humans or aliens there? The Wraith are predators, therefore evil; the Goa'uld are evil because of genetic memory... What's wrong with having an alien enemy who isn't good or evil as we understand, whose actions may inadvertently help or hinder us?

It's all about how the concept is executed. What's wrong with a Stargate team encountering something they genuinely can't comprehend? How new and groundbreaking can Universe be if we see the same humanoid staff weapon-holding evil aliens across every galaxy? To say that the audience won't accept something they don't completely understand gives the audience the short end of the intellectual stick, right or wrong.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      I think one of my greatest disappointments with the Wraith is that we actually SAW them. I could've sworn early hints about the show had said that they'd be a sort of unseen enemy- or at least not seen very often. Pity they didn't- or weren't allowed to- stick with that; might have made the wraith less laughable.

EDIT: as for the non-Cthluhu denizens of the Lovecraftian mythos, I'm currently wearing my Kingsport Moon-beasts junior baseball league shirt.
      The Wraith were terrifying in season 1 because we were at such a disadvantage against them and because we saw the horror and terror of cullings. They were virtually immortal, unstoppable vampires. Now they're a joke, apart from Todd, of course. IMO, making them more 'understandable' made them more human and far less detached and scary.

I'm supposed to get a Miskatonic U t shirt for Xmas.
      Last edited by nx01a; 25 October 2008, 08:22 AM.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
      X