Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Worried that SGU will corrupt Alterans History/Backstory?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

destiny had to of visited the ori galaxy or how else would the ori get stargates
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spiegelj View Post
      destiny had to of visited the ori galaxy or how else would the ori get stargates
      I think it's possible there were several gateseeding ships, not just the one from the SGU spoilers, or other ships like it. Destiny is merely an explorer starship.

Also, I'm not worried about corrupting any Ancient backstory, Stargate is full of contradictions anyway.
      sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        SGA already corrupted Alterans. It made them look like idiots
        It wasn't so much they made them look like idiots, it was that they were defeated by a stupid enemy... I mean, come on. Space vampires defeated the most powerful race in three galaxies .

Comment

They were defeated only because of numbers. It was even stated that they could win almost every battle but couldn't see a way to win the war. Besides, the Wraith aren't stupid. They are far more resourceful than the Goa'uld.

You do realize the ship was created by the Alterans to seed Astria Portas throughout the universe, and the experiment is considered a failure to the Alterans. I'm inteagued to see why they class it as a failure maybe something went wrong! We'll just have to wait and see!
          A failure? It was abandoned because the Ancients got busy with ascension. Also, I think it would be inaccurate to call them Alterans when speaking about the Ancients that lived during their high days. I believe it's more likely that they referred to themselves as Terrans during that era, because Earth was the capital of their domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
            They were defeated only because of numbers.
            Spoiler:
            They were defeated because they could only invent useless weapons which did things like causing humans or Stargates to explode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              SGA already corrupted Alterans. It made them look like idiots
              Yeah SGA really took them down a couple of pegs.

Comment

I haven't read all the posts (sorry if any one said this) but between Atlantis and the Ori arc, the Ancients backstory has already been 'corrupted' (to use the op's word) beyond recognition. SGU can do no worse.

Perfecto!

Comment

The Destiny did not go to the Ori Galaxy. Then the Ori would've found out about the Milky Way.

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                  It wasn't so much they made them look like idiots, it was that they were defeated by a stupid enemy... I mean, come on. Space vampires defeated the most powerful race in three galaxies .
                  I agree. The Ancients should've wiped the floor with the Wraith! But then again, it shows that they're not infallible...

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                    They were defeated only because of numbers. It was even stated that they could win almost every battle but couldn't see a way to win the war. Besides, the Wraith aren't stupid. They are far more resourceful than the Goa'uld.

A failure? It was abandoned because the Ancients got busy with ascension. Also, I think it would be inaccurate to call them Alterans when speaking about the Ancients that lived during their high days. I believe it's more likely that they referred to themselves as Terrans during that era, because Earth was the capital of their domain.
                    Beyond being a petty and insignificant argument over semantics, I'm pretty sure their species were called Alterans. If we were to move to Venus after living on Earth for our life, would we go from humans to Venusans?

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                      I agree. The Ancients should've wiped the floor with the Wraith! But then again, it shows that they're not infallible...
                      I didn't think it showed them as infallible at all, I think it made them look stupid. The ingenuity of the Ancients was supposed to surpass that of any other race, yet they were unable to create a weapon capable of killing space vampires? I mean, the Hoffans clearly screwed up their hoffan inoculation drug thing, but if they were to make it I'm almost certain they could engineer a biological weapon much, much more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
                        im pretty sure the MW galaxy came first.

the MW stargates seem more "primitive" than the pegasus galaxy SGs. the MW have the spinning center, the Pegasus have the rotating lights.

i think they went to MW, had the plague, escaped to pegasus with the surviving members, ran into the wraith, and then ran back to the MW sending the city back to pegasus.

or else maybe started with MW, then did concurrent civilizations to both pegasus and mw
                        I not trying to be rude, but it does sound like you've never actually watched any Stargate episodes. I'd recommend you watch from the beginning.

You can't be pretty sure the MW gates came first, you have to be absolutely sure, considering it's cannon. When they went to Pegasus, they didn't run into the Wraith and retreat to MW in Atlantis and then send it back. They seeded Pegasus with human life causing human DNA to mix with Eratus bug DNA creating the Wraith. Lost a war with them, and retreated through the Atlantis stargate back to Earth. They didn't do concurrent civilizations between MW and Pegasus. It's cannon that they fled the MW due to the plague, and any remaining Ancients died in the MW due to the plague prior to Lanteans returning to MW.

This is all canon. It's not speculation or what somebody thinks.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the MW gates came first, the gate from SG-1 season one ep 'solitudes' was something like 58 million years old, they were only in pegasus several million years, so it stands to reason the gates there are much newer than the MW gates. There's also the fact they came to the MW first from their home galaxy and built many astria-porta according to 'Avalon', as pegasus came much later then logical so did its gates.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            I'm pretty sure the MW gates came first, the gate from SG-1 season one ep 'solitudes' was something like 58 million years old, they were only in pegasus several million years, so it stands to reason the gates there are much newer than the MW gates. There's also the fact they came to the MW first from their home galaxy and built many astria-porta according to 'Avalon', as pegasus came much later then logical so did its gates.
                            I don't see why there is any question or deduction needed. It's Stargate canon that they came to MW first, and then settled in Pegasus after the plague. It's explained in detail in SGA 1x1 Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
                              Beyond being a petty and insignificant argument over semantics, I'm pretty sure their species were called Alterans. If we were to move to Venus after living on Earth for our life, would we go from humans to Venusans?
                              After several millions years, yes. But we really don't know either way.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Of course it will. That's the nature of anything mysterious. Once you answer the questions, it's not a curiosity anymore. The only way to feed your need for mystery if someone keeps answering the questions is to delve into the next mystery.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Working...
                                X