X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    I think there is no AI.
    I had see advertisement of electronic appliance like air-conditioner , TV, washing machine ,saying they have AI tech build into them.
    A ship like Destiny ,can use up all it's remaining reserve and travel to the nearless sun ,and recharge by itself.

It must have some form of A.I built into Destiny.
    Before the the Ancient built Asuran , the Ancient were not as afraid of develope advance as A.I .

The question is more about whether the ship should have a personalities.

Destiny's A.I could have a cool personalities like Nightrider KITT
    or it could be like Atlantis 's computer (just machine, follow its program to ,nothing more

Comment

I found these inside 3 seconds, why couldn't you?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59788
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70688
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Another vote for no AI; But I do think there is a very sophisticated Expert System on the ship.

Comment

i dont think theres something like a separate entity within the computer which controls the ship, i think its more of a intuative system, like when rush was searching the database for anythgin related to the life support systems, the ship realised the life support systems werent operating properly and deduced that they needed a certain material to restore them so it found the planet they needed.

although i wouldnt go past there being a spearate entity on board, perhaps a robot who drinks martinis and switched between being irrevelant and maudline

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            i dont think theres something like a separate entity within the computer which controls the ship, i think its more of a intuative system, like when rush was searching the database for anythgin related to the life support systems, the ship realised the life support systems werent operating properly and deduced that they needed a certain material to restore them so it found the planet they needed.

although i wouldnt go past there being a spearate entity on board, perhaps a robot who drinks martinis and switched between being irrevelant and maudline

It's a moidah!
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

As the holo AI whould add something to the show im sure. But it's not needed because everything you have seen done by Destiny and Atlantis we can do now in this time with giving programs hierarchy. For instance shield operations has priorty: 90. The rest, propulsion:80, life support:99 meaning life support will always be the last to go when power is low.

Hope I made sense ;-)

Offtopic: Can someone tell me what happened to the Asgard computer core. I know it was not destroyed where is it now??
              Last edited by eonflux; 03 November 2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Well as far as what we were told in 'Unending', it's pretty much permanently integrated into the Odyssey. I don't think we've been told anything to the contrary.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                  As the holo AI whould add something to the show im sure. But it's not needed because everything you have seen done by Destiny and Atlantis we can do now in this time with giving programs hierarchy. For instance shield operations has priorty: 90. The rest, propulsion:80, life support:99 meaning life support will always be the last to go when power is low.

Hope I made sense ;-)

Offtopic: Can someone tell me what happened to the Asgard computer core. I know it was not destroyed where is it now??
                  you mean the one on odyssey? its still there

Comment

Chloe for avatar so Lt. Scott can do the ship.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cloe being assimilated into the ship's systems? You know what? That actually sounds interesting!
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Cloe being assimilated into the ship's systems? You know what? That actually sounds interesting!
                        Imagine the possibilities. Hmm, how about Destiny realises that they can't access the bridge so it uses Chloe as a conduit...
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I think it would make an interesting story arch to find out that the ship does have an AI, but it's higher functions were disabled after the Ancients had problems with it. It could also explain why Atlantis and such does not include full on AI.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                            Imagine the possibilities. Hmm, how about Destiny realises that they can't access the bridge so it uses Chloe as a conduit...
                            For some reason I'm mostly imagining Cloe gaining a booming computerized voice as a result of that.

It think it would make her seem a lot cooler.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              For some reason I'm mostly imagining Cloe gaining a booming computerized voice as a result of that.

It think it would make her seem a lot cooler.
                              Avatar Chloe to Lt. Scott: Keep your distance, meatbag.
                              sigpic

Comment

(crossposted)
                                The Chloenator: Troubleshooting Destiny one airlock at a time!

"I'm the Chloenator, and I can Breathe in Space."
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X