This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

hey thats great! It would be cool to have a fan who cares about the franchise up in the mix. Best of luck in your audition!
      Gator

You're not the usual delivery boy..

"I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"

Comment

Cool... if you happen to get one of the military roles please study up on it. Rainbow's portrayal of a Marine was really crappy.

Comment

Best of luck!

Originally posted by StoyBoy720 View Post
          Thanks guys! I'm very excited, and it's really cool to have fellow fans giving their well wishes, so thank you!

AvatarIII - Sorry, not Jewish. Irish/German, actually.

Nadji - Feel free to check out my website below in my signature. It has my acting resume as well as some video clips, including my demo reel.
          We may finally have someone Irish on Stargate! Woo!
          sigpic
          Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Good luck!!

It would be cool to have someone from GW, know we got your six!

Comment

Hey good luck! You said you're from Buffalo, eh? Buffalo, NY? Me too! It would be great to see someone from Buffalo "make it big" & fantastic to see an actual fan on the show instead of another actor who never saw it before!
              My best to you!
              dalene

thx to StoyBoy720, x_stargatergirl_x, muh_tuttles, csom221, luciana, & the other lovely Shep-thunkers for the awesome siggies!

Comment

Hey! Congrats!
                Best of luck!

Comment

yea man good luck

Comment

Best of luck on that audition.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
                    RIP Nuada

Comment

Thanks guys! It's pretty awesome seeing fans getting behind this.

Dalene - Yup, Buffalo, NY. Cool to see there are other WNYers who are Stargate fans!

Frontastic - Sadly, just American, but of Irish & German descent. But yeah, go Irish!
                      Bryan Patrick Stoyle

IMDB Page
                      Breakdown Services Resume
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Can you do an Irish accent?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

EAG - Actually, my first play at college was "The Playboy of the Western World" and I had to learn a County Mayo accent for the role. So yes, I do an Irish accent (IMHO) pretty well, though of course native Irish will undoubtedly do a much more authentic accent than mine.

You can hear my accent in the short film iSpy I did about 3 years ago, in which I play the character, Sgt. Irish Mann (very original name, eh? ).
                          Bryan Patrick Stoyle

IMDB Page
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Best of luck to you! (When is the audition?)

Kinda curious, I'm still pretty young (high school sophmore) but I've always been interested in pursuing an acting career in television.

Do you have any tips about it, or about how I could/should start?

Thanks, and I'm rooting for you! ~Jess
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

SJS93 - Hey, and thanks!

Everyone will tell you different things, but my advice is to just go for it and try out as much as you can while learning as much as you can. I knew I wanted to act since I was a kid, but never really had any opportunities to until I was a senior in HS. I went to college for theatre and did a bunch of plays there, and found a lot of other plays outside in the Buffalo area, as well as working with film students on their film projects. It's cool because the college connections end up leading to other things a lot of the time.

Film students are great since they'll always need actors to work on their projects. And if they find someone they like they'll likely reuse them.

I'm big on getting a theatre background (and from what I hear, MGM casting director Paul Weber is too), since it helps with working on characters and scenes. There are certain techniques that differ from acting on-camera but a lot of the fundamentals are the same.

When starting out, just get as much experience as you can. Even if conditions are less than stellar, it's another line on the resume, another clip for the reel, and a few lessons on what to do and what not to do in the future.

I wish I could say I knew what the theatre/film situation was like in Minnesota, but I don't so I can't really go too much into it in any detail. But Just keep checking around for different projects, and give them a try.
                              Last edited by StoyBoy720; 01 October 2008, 03:10 PM. Reason: Additions
                              Bryan Patrick Stoyle

IMDB Page
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advice! One more question, when the time is right, where/how do I start looking for an agent?
                                sigpic
                                The Return of King Arthur
                                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                                X