This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akren View Post
    It would be awesome to see how Stargates are made (& where the hell are they gonna get the naqaudah required to build the bloody things? I don't know how much naqaduag is takes to build a Stargate, but I assume it would be alot ), as well as learn a bit more about these new networks of Stargates with each new galaxy they go to.
    The technology they use to build the Stargates might be similar to the molecular construction device Daniel used to build the Sangraal AKA the Anti-Ori weapon. Basically the ship would piece together hydrogren molecules to create the naquadah; like a replicator. Rather then using a user (like Daniel) to visualize the Stargate, the process might be automated, assmebled by a computer on the Destiny. The ship might gather hydrogen from space and piece together the hydrogen molecules to create naquadah and the other compounds needed to create a Stargate.

Below is a exerpt about the molecular construction device from a wiki.

The molecular construction device is a device used by the Ancient Merlin to create the Sangraal. The device worked in tandem with the Ancients' repository of knowledge: the repository would allow one to visualize what they were trying to create, while the construction device would assemble it from base molecules. The device had to be built in stages, as concentration was intense. (SG1: "The Quest, Part 2", "The Shroud")
    I was also thinking, what if the Destiny was a timeship. Instead of seeding Stargates in linear time, it jumps around to various time periods placing the gates at varoius points as needed. Maybe the Stargates are part of some larger plan Amelius has devised that requires the Stargates. I think a timeship would add alittle spice to the story and it would allow us to see the universe at verious stages of development. Who knows, maybe Janus and Amelius somehow worked together?

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
    -Dow ad

Comment

Working...
    X