This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    My bet is that if anybody shows up from SG1/SGA in the pilot for SGU, it will be Carter. The writers/producers *love* her.
    Would not surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
      That sure would help me change my mind and actually watch SGU.
      the funny thing is im kinda serious, hes the 2nd coolest alien out there, short of Ronon. I know he likes to do the whole "feed off of human life" thing, but hell this is scifi, im sure Carson can come up with something. He could be the muscle for the team, like Teal'c or Ronon. Lol, i would definately watch the show were this the case, but then again, this will NEVER happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kartin View Post
        the funny thing is im kinda serious, hes the 2nd coolest alien out there, short of Ronon. I know he likes to do the whole "feed off of human life" thing, but hell this is scifi, im sure Carson can come up with something. He could be the muscle for the team, like Teal'c or Ronon. Lol, i would definately watch the show were this the case, but then again, this will NEVER happen.
        Of course, I know it can't happen, but I WAS serious. Todd is my favourite character, and the only one who, all by himself, could attract my interest if nothing else change from the current spoilers. He's more than muscle like Ronon, he's also a very gifted scientist, and a cunning mind who comes up with dangerous but clever plans. But he would feel lonely so far away from his kind.
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

Carter and O'neill would do great .

Comment

It should be Daniel and Jack, IHMO. That way it would connect the move, Stargate, SG-1, and Atlantis, those charaters were in all three.

This in my 4 cents (inflation) worth.

Comment

Perfert world Shanks would be on SGU as a main character. I really do think SGU needs a SG1 and/or SG1 cast member. They really seem bent on making SGU VERY different than the two previous shows and making it more distant than Atlantis. So really to bring the old fans aboard in good numbers it seems they really need some familar faces that people like. They gotta make it feel somewhat like the past.

But for just the pilot... I would say probably Daniel & Mckay appearing to solve the 9th chevron mystery.

Can't wait for Daniel on Friday!!
              Last edited by Jasond22303; 24 September 2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

I don't want my beloved SG-1 anywhere near the SGU plotline. For one thing, I am pretty darn doubtful about it. For another, the last thing I want is for them to be stuck in some distant universe and out of contact with the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                  I don't want my beloved SG-1 anywhere near the SGU plotline.
                  My thoughts exactly.
                  .:.
                  My Art Blog .:. A J.F. Fan

Comment

No, I definately don't want any of the cast of SGA in SGU
                    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

if they honestly and truthfully want the show to 'start over' then there'd be no crossovers at all - maybe revisit old and familiar planets, but no crossover from the current cast

but we know these guys. they'll stunt cast at the earliest opportunity so it's inevitable. the only question is how cliched and contrived the crossovers will be
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        if they honestly and truthfully want the show to 'start over' then there'd be no crossovers at all - maybe revisit old and familiar planets, but no crossover from the current cast

but we know these guys. they'll stunt cast at the earliest opportunity so it's inevitable. the only question is how cliched and contrived the crossovers will be
                        Of course they'll stuntcast. Since when do they NOT? After all, ilf they stuntcast Carter, they'll pull in the SG1 people, and I daresay I think on the SGA side, they'll do it with McKay. Mark my words, it's in print, that's what they'll do!

But as far as I'm concerned, I want no SG1 or SGA people in SGU at all. LEt the show swim or sink on its own youthful edgy demographics *cough*

Comment

Idk...as much as I like the goa'uld Ba'al, I think we've seen enough of him.

I think Carter and Daniel should be in the pilot of this new series. It makes scenes, since she left atlantis in season 5, and daniel is the expert on the anicents and stargate technology. I doubt O'Neill, mainly because he's a very important general working in washington and since general landry is in charge of stargate command.
                          ~I am Replicator Jade and was built by Replicator Sam~

Comment

I say that tokra comes, at least two of them, fresh faces, and Daniel must be part of it, he would be thrilled discovering new cultures if he survives after all,...
                            Baals host has seen many things, so he could be a good choice too.
                            But i also prefer Vala and her husband!
                            Jack is retired, and laundry was retired in continuum.
                            I bet that they would love to have also one prior with themself, to help sometimes with hopeless situation.
                            Doesnt valter ever leaves gateroom?
                            if not main characters, syler is good too!
                            And my favourite,.... TEALCS SON AND CLONED JACK JUNIR GODDAMED WHERE ARE THEY HANGING AROUND????!!!

Comment

Col. Dave Dixon (Heroes 1 and 2, Adam Baldwin) as team leader.
                              C.I.A. Agent Burke (Evolution part 2, Enrico Colantoni) or Maj. Evan Lorne as muscle.
                              Todd as Alien muscle, cause lets face it, Todd can open up a serious can of whoopass on bad guys.
                              Civilian Medic (not a corpsman or army medic)
                              Col. Caldwell promoted to Brigadier General as mission leader

As for scientists, god, its gonna be tough finding someone as good as McKay or Carter. Hermiod could serve well (technically the Asgard are extinct, but hey nobody said he was on the planet when it exploded, maybe there was a "cure" on Atlantis). Oh and i completely forgot, aside from being able to kick a*s and take names, Todd moonlights as a scientist (proven to be at McKay's level or higher) happy ending for all.
                              Last edited by Kartin; 25 September 2008, 08:26 PM.

Comment

If anyone from either series should be in, It should be Vala, Cam or Lorne IMO.

Lorne as a major player, the other two in a lesser role. Why I believe this is because they never got to fully develop their characters potential in either series.

But above all... Lorne. If there is any connection to Atlantis, Lorne should be it. His coolness under fire, general likability by most viewers, and overall good writing on his character so far is why I would like him in.

Perhaps if I am wrong, and most of the people on Gateworld are right, and the main cast sucks, they can easily "replace" one of them with a strong established character. (Just as long as they don't go Gen-O'nell or Atlantis-Carter on us, those characters didn't fit at all in their new command positions.)
                                Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                                -----------------------------------------------
                                I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

Working...
                                X