This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
    Or Everett Young alone, for that matter. Is that one person above the age of 25 supposed to make the vast majority of the fanbase sing 'kumbaya'? For frak's sake, I'm only 21 but I hated 'young adult'-esque shows all my life. If that's how they want to play this out, I'm not going to change my mind because there's a big spinning thing in it.
    Exactly! (cept I'm 24).
    Maybe it's time TPTB and SciFi learned to appreciate a little bit more their viewers.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

When someone mentioned 200, I thought it wouldn't happen Judging from the casting, it seems as though this will go down... very badly. I don't think its a good idea that every character except one is younger than 25. No. 30 I could see, but definitely not 20-25. This doesn't need to turn into a teen drama. And I really expected better from Brad Wright.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        But if he's got that many problems, why isn't he somewhere getting help?
        Marines stick together we help each other out whether it be in fire fight or back home with with money issues.

The younger junior troops I served with that had anger management issues were mainly attributed to their immaturity or lack of experience with life. If they had serious issues we'd send them to a counseler/psychologist. If that were the case they most likely wouldn't hold a security clearance... which I'm sure anything "Stargate" related would require.

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
          ... that my expectations for SGU have dropped. Upon reading the characters that will be in Universe, I must say that my hopes for this show have just gone the way of the dodo. All the characters are so cliched, and the Chloe Carpenter character almost made me throw up. "20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either...." need I go on? I initially believed that Brad Wright or anyone else heading SGU weren't going to make into some sappy teen drama thing, but now I'm really pissed. I really hope this is only a rumor or someone messing with us, because I seriously can't see SGU being more than Stargate: 90210 now.
          Indeed.... sad times....

But I like the name
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Hey, she's a little spoiled. But she isn't stupid!

She's downright dumb.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              This is punishment for not liking Keller.
              The reason I didn't like Keller to start with is that she replaced a character that I thought brought compassion to Atlantis. Shepherd, McKay, Teyla, Ronin, Weir all brought some part of humanity to the team, but none could compete with the compassion and ethical responsibility that Carson had.

Comment

Head, meet desk.

Keller and Chloe should become best friends. lol. Or maybe if Chloe doesn't work out they'll use Keller.

Comment

I feel quite ill after reading that. One of the descriptions amused me, though.

Tamara Jon ....Paramedic level training. ...Dreamed of being a doctor....She ends up being the most medically inclined person on the ship

One would hope she'd be medically inclined under the circumstances.

I don't want to look at what David Howe thinks is every teenage girl's fantasy. I want to look at Wraith. Maybe some teenage girls like to look at them too.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not too concerned with this casting call. I would have preferred to see ages in the mid-20's vs "20-ish" but I'm still planning on watching. I think a lot is going to ride on who they get as the "name actor" as obviously he's going to be the leader.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      Head, meet desk.

Keller and Chloe should become best friends. lol. Or maybe if Chloe doesn't work out they'll use Keller.
                      I have a feeling Keller will be entirely too sophisticated for Chloe.

...And I'm not the biggest Keller fan in the world, mind.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                        Well thats tough luck because were gonna FORCE you to watch it. Seriously, some guys in suits are coming to you right now and theyre gonna tape ur eyes open. They were gonna let u get away with not watching ti b4 but now uve riled them up.

:-p
                        lol

Anyway, I remain open minded until I actually see the pilot. Why? Because whats on paper might not necessarily happen on screen. We might get a character that you absolutely hate from the casting call and get someone brilliant playing them. So in that regard I pretty much echo what the fifth man said.

In my view, its too early to tell but thats my opinion.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          While I agree that the character descriptions sound awful, I don't understand why people are so bothered about their age. I mean it's not like Shep and McKay act much older than teenagers, let alone 20 somethings...

I'm bothered about their ages. I mean I have to suspended all kinds of logical to believe that a military organization like the SGC or even the IOA would send a group of green 20 somethings on such an important mission. When Atlantis was discovered they sent a full military contingent as well as a full scientific staff (about 200 people) and most had either experience in military situations, off-world experience or with the scientist had been involved in the program for some years.

Now there's even a greater discovery made and I'm to believe that the SGC would send 6 people (okay maybe there's more) with virtually no experience. We don't have a doctor but a medic who hasn't any experience with severe emergencies. What experience exactly is the senator's daughter bringing? Oh yeah, she knows how to party. A 20 year old psychopath. Why would any of those people be on this mission to begin with (with the exception of the Lt.)??

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post

Tamara Jon ....Paramedic level training. ...Dreamed of being a doctor....She ends up being the most medically inclined person on the ship
                            ROFL. I thought about that too.

Comment

I've never been Atlantis' biggest supporter, even during season 3 when I thoughtt hey finally got it right, for the most part.

But I have to ask myself - they cancelled SGA for that?!
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I just read the casting call on GW's front page. The first thing I thought was that it must be April 1st. When I realised it wasn't, I wished it was.

Good grief! Has BW lost the plot? If the execs at MGM and SciFI want a younger audience, fine. I'm extremely glad I'm not their target audience. What a load of old rubbish. How sad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X