This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    Maybe somebody's a Wraith fan and they decide not to watch SGU because it won't have Wraith in it. Does that mean they aren't a true Wraith fan? Somebody else could be a Ronon fan and decide not to watch SGU because Ronon won't be in it. Does that mean they aren't a true Ronon fan?
    True character/element fans don't count because they're boring and stupid for only liking one element instead of the whole thing. If you aren't a True Fan of EVERYTHING Stargate then you're just a maggoty pile of... manure. Please move along, you're bothering the rest of the REAL True Fans. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Have you ever been introduced to the difference between an opinion and a fact? Because looking at some of your posts here I'm not sure you understand that there's a big difference between the two. YOU think SG-1 and Atlantis were the best damn shows ever, YOU think Gero and M&M have written all good eps, blah blah blah. And that's perfectly fine... as an opinion. But folks are under no obligation to agree. While I'm not as disenchanted with Gero as fumbles is (although the shine was definitely off the apple by the time I stopped watching) I would definitely list Mallozzi and Mullie as two of the reasons I have no desire to watch SGU. YOU may think they write great eps but I think they write crap. There were some early eps of theirs I liked, true, but that was a lot of years ago and I've hated all their recent stuff (and by recent I'd say at least the past five years). If they're a draw for you that's just peachy, but don't act as though everyone should love their stuff.
      clearly you haven't read any of my previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
        clearly you haven't read any of my previous posts.
        Let's look, shall we?

Give Universe a shot, these guys didn't make the best damn show for 12 years without knowing what their doing.
        Statement.

you realize 47 of 200 episodes were written by one of those three guys? and that basically includes all the good ones.
        Statement.

Not, "In my opinion" not "I think" but "This is the way it is."

Comment

if you go and read more posts than what is on this page you would see the whole reason i started this thread was to see others opinions. And since you seem to disagree that Stargate isn't the best damn show then what are you doing here??

thats rhetorical i really have nothing to say to you anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            OHNOES! If I don't watch, you are gonna say I'm not a true fan?? WOE! My life will be OVER! How can I ever recover from such trauma?? [/sarcasm]

What ever, dude. I don't have to watch SGU. I've seen what happened to SG-1. I've seen what happened to SGA. I can do the math. That's why I'm not gonna watch SGU and why I don't have to see an ep to know I'm not gonna be happy with the series.
            You can do what you want. Personally, I hope you don't watch it so I don't have to seal with you in the SGU forum anymore. All you have ever posted is nothing but negativity.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              It's not because you base your choice on a review or something you read or hear, that you are not a true fan. There is no such thing as a true fan.

The true fan is like utopia.
              True that. Although don't call yourself a true fan and then bash something you have never seen and wont see.
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                The real fan is able to understand when the show he used to love is dead. The real fan never accepts it when the producers sacrifice quality, because it would lessen the value of his much-beloved show by assimilating it with crap.

No prob', pay me the DVDs.

"Move on"? But that's precisely what several of us intend to do: Moving on.
                How can you say everything you just did. THE SHOW ASN'T EVEN AIRED YET. So how did it go to poo already, sacrifice qality and lessen the value?

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                  A true fan of what?

Maybe somebody's a Wraith fan and they decide not to watch SGU because it won't have Wraith in it. Does that mean they aren't a true Wraith fan? Somebody else could be a Ronon fan and decide not to watch SGU because Ronon won't be in it. Does that mean they aren't a true Ronon fan?
                  That made no sense at all.

Comment

I'm getting a real Star Trek vibe from SGU, and having never been a fan of ST, this worries me. Also troubling is the lack of McKay, lol. But whatever, might as well watch the first few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK View Post
                      That made no sense at all.
                      The topic title is - Why will or won't u watch SGU?? I'm trying to point out that not everyone who watches SGA, for example, has to be a Stargate Franchise fan. If somebody watches SGA because they are a Wraith fan they might be not be inclined to watch SGU because Wraith won't be in it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                        I am not ganna watch SGU cause I am not a true fan
                        Well then...off to the re-education camp for you where you will emerge a "true fan" and thus watch and love SGU without question.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

I will be watching because all the writer/producer/cancellations/character outlines aside:

I like scifi and will watch any new scifi show. I watch for escapism and entertainment. If I enjoy it, I keep watching.

There are a lot of shows I've been excited about the premise of that have great character profiles etc. that have been absolute garbage (and so on). I've long given up having preconceptions. There's a lot stress and shouting at the TV that way.

Comment

I will watch because I'm intensely curious about it. Every update Joe Mallozzi gives his humble readers makes me that much more excited about it!!!

I will not watch blindly, though... I have watched both Fringe and Heroes and both didn't amuse me enough for me to keep watching (Fringe lasted 2 episodes; Heroes about 1/2 a season)
                            sigpic

If you have Twitter, end all your Tweets with #SGU! Here's why!

~*~*~Shal kek nem ron~*~*~

Comment

Working...
                            X