This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
    well you ppl are very pessimistic... i think it will do fine... and that it wont stop at 100th ep. imo the ppl in charge will see that it's no right and won't cancel it plus they want to keep 1 serial live at all times and it won't be possible without another spinoff which they won't have (im guessing but im pretty sure that sgu will be last serial of sg franchise)
    Why do you think SGU will be the last stargate show? I believe stargate will be around as long as Star Trek. Then again...
    Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

IF SG-1 AND ATLANTIS ARE ANY STEPING STONE...

10 YRS SG-1

5 YRS SGA

2.5-3 YRS SGU

followed by

1-2 YRS SG:?

sigpic

Comment

they should actually plan for 3 seasons. that way, they can write to a conclusion of some sort, otherwise, they'll just retread SG1 and SGA episodes (oh, I'm sure they will).

The SG franchise is only going to last so long, just like Trek, which was a much bigger franchise. when I mention trek, even someone who doesn't watch it knows what it is. they go 'huh?' if I mention stargate, so it has a much smaller audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
          Well three episodes before it gets moved to 11-12pm timeslot, or worst still 12-1am timeslot
          Will never happen.
          Will get at least one season. The bar for this franchise is very low, it is unlikely they won't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
            Will never happen.
            Will get at least one season. The bar for this franchise is very low, it is unlikely they won't make it.
            The bar is set very low? Why. SGU's big brother and sister lasted 10 and 5 years/seasons. I'd say thats a lot to live up to...
            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyke View Post
              Teenagers stay up Friday nights. But I bet they aren't at home =p.
              Thats why SG Atlantis is the most DVR show. Muahahaha

Comment

SG-1 lasted 10. SGA lasted 5. So mathematically, SGU will end at the 10th episode of season 2!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  they should actually plan for 3 seasons. that way, they can write to a conclusion of some sort, otherwise, they'll just retread SG1 and SGA episodes (oh, I'm sure they will).

The SG franchise is only going to last so long, just like Trek, which was a much bigger franchise. when I mention trek, even someone who doesn't watch it knows what it is. they go 'huh?' if I mention stargate, so it has a much smaller audience.
                  Trek is still around and is a bigger franchise because it has a bigger audience. Don't get me wrong, I love Stargate, but the franchise seems married to the Sci Fi channel, which has a relatively small viewing base. Trek *always* reached a wider audience and it spanned a longer swath of time. Decades longer. Plus, Trek has managed 10 cinematic big screen motion films and is debuting another one next year which is causing alot of mainstream media buzz, something which has eluded the Stargate franchise since it's initial movie debut. Stargate is in infancy compared to the Trek franchise. Stargate has been around what? 12 years on TV compared to Trek, which has been on TV in one form or another (including re-runs) since 1966.

So unless TPTB start writing with a bit more vision and a view to the future, I'm not sure I'd give SG:U much more than 2 seasons.

Comment

If Sci Fi and The Production team get it right: 5 - 10 Seasons
                    If one of them messes up: Not even a whole season
                    Last edited by stargatefan234; 07 September 2008, 04:44 AM.
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

4 seasons.

They will think of cancelling it after 3. Like Enterprise, it will get a massive fan protest, continuing 1 more season.
                      WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

I would say 6 or 7 seasons. The did so well with SG-1 they thought they could get away with letting the writing slip. They made mistakes with Atlantis and have hopefully learned from them. I could easily see SGU surpasing the 5th season mark. They are going to already have a fanbase of SG-1/Atlantis/BSG/Voyager and not including fans of the unnamed big actor to star in the show.

Comment

Regardless of how amazingly good or bad it is, I would give it 3 maybe 4 seasons before Sci-fi cancel it.

Comment

I don't think we should be pessimistic just yet. Just because Atlantis and most spinoffs don't do as well as the originals doesn't mean it's going to suck. Provided...

The writers and producers don't dig a big hole for themselves like they did for atlantis. What I mean by this is creating an enemy that apparently only has basic survival instincts like the wraith. This eventually created a dead end for the show, it has nowhere else to go storywise. What they could have done to avoid this was to introduce a better understanding of wraith society from the second season on. This would have allowed the writers basis for episodes like SG-1's reckoning part 1 and 2 for example. To build up to such epic proportions you need an enemy that's not so one dimensional. The wraith are just like annoying gnats you need to swat from time to time.

And it won't hurt to make characters and their interactions similar to SG-1 at least SG-1 version 2.0, I like Mitchell and Vala. I wouldn't mind because let's face it, it works! If it ain't broke...
                            Sheppard is an awesome character but his team doesn't really complement him very well, not the way Daniel, Teal'c and Sam complement Jack. Shame to see Joe go.

If the writers learn from their mistakes, SGU will be awesome

Comment

I think Stargate Universe will last about 5 seasons minimum. My guess for Atlantis was 7 seasons, so I was two off.

And they aren't going to mess with the schedule, if sci-fi is smart they will eventually pair it with Caprica; and have Universe 9:00, Caprica 10:00. But when it airs it will be 9:00 or 10:00.

Originally posted by Slyke View Post
                              Teenagers stay up Friday nights. But I bet they aren't at home =p.
                              I stayed home and watched Stargate almost every Friday night since the 8th grade. But I live in an area where the most exiting thing is a Walmart, and I had nothing else better to do. Other times I used Stargate as an excuse to get out of stuff because Stargate > lame events people want me to go to.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think we should find out the qualty of show before predicting how many seasons it will last
                                sigpic
                                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                                Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                                X