• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zombies imo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cael View Post
      Here's a crazy idea I just though of. Just throwing it out there.

Imagine, rather than a race of beings that becomes the main villain, there is microscopic organism that infects most of a single galaxy, and is accidentally spread to the others. The organism takes control of the host, and all hosts share a hive mind. They have no individual sentience, but together their tactics are overwhelming. They also have the ability to learn from whatever their hosts knew, and transfer that knowledge amoung the hive. Aside from behaviour, there is no way to tell a 'clean' person from an infected person. The disease is universal, and can infect all organisms.
      That would be very effective. Also extremely powerful, so one would want to avoid showcasing them too often so that one is not forced to dumb them down.

Comment

i hope the new race from the daedalus variatons makes at least one cameo

Comment

I'd like to see the new villian be the ship the team is stuck on. Imagine having to survive in something is trying to kill you or use you as raw material to make stargates. You can't leave it because it is the only inhabitable place you can find to live. And for that reason, you actually have to try to keep it alive while it is trying to kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            I'd like to see the new villian be the ship the team is stuck on. Imagine having to survive in something is trying to kill you or use you as raw material to make stargates. You can't leave it because it is the only inhabitable place you can find to live. And for that reason, you actually have to try to keep it alive while it is trying to kill you.
            Wow! That's a very good idea. I was going to suggest the time restraints caused by the ship’s programming would be the main villain, but your angle is better: the ship as an active enemy.
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Cael View Post
              Here's a crazy idea I just though of. Just throwing it out there.

Imagine, rather than a race of beings that becomes the main villain, there is microscopic organism that infects most of a single galaxy, and is accidentally spread to the others. The organism takes control of the host, and all hosts share a hive mind. They have no individual sentience, but together their tactics are overwhelming. They also have the ability to learn from whatever their hosts knew, and transfer that knowledge amoung the hive. Aside from behaviour, there is no way to tell a 'clean' person from an infected person. The disease is universal, and can infect all organisms.
              Like the Flood from Halo, but less obvious.

Actually, I'm all for this idea, I was musing over something like this whilst reading through the first page; but your idea sounds rather good yeah.

I was going to suggest the Foothold Aliens, they were supposidly from another Galaxy, and would follow the similar idea of not being able to determine friend from foe too.

Comment

Space pirates! With a yo ho ho! No but seriously the destiny could be a fairly valuable ship it would make sense that any space fairy race would be interested.
                Giant bugs as well and maybe really tiny people. . . or flood, no to halo

Comment

Originally posted by tris 99 View Post
                  Space pirates! With a yo ho ho! No but seriously the destiny could be a fairly valuable ship it would make sense that any space fairy race would be interested.
                  Giant bugs as well and maybe really tiny people. . . or flood, no to halo
                  That would be interesting.

Instead of a regular enemy that is out for galactic domination for whatever reason I like the idea of individual groups, even different races of them who are out for themselves and don't mind hurting a few folks to make some coin.

Would give the impression that the galaxy is a rough place and give the writers some freedom to do different things with the foes to keep it interesting while allowing for an over all base to build on.

Not all races/civilizations need to be like this, there of course need to be other friendly folks out there. Make it in a way to where you have "civilization" but once you get to the edges of that you find that rough and tumble criminal element. Even the more stable central civilizations can do little to stop the criminal element so these can lead to gaining friends (but not having them around so much that they will always be saving us, kinda like the Asgard up till around season 7).

Really just make the universe a harsh place that is only really mild on the more advanced civilized worlds of the more powerful races out there. Any place else you get a bit of a free for all in criminal activity and small groups who might be friendly and help you out but are never too trusting.

This deals with the problem of having an enemy that is advanced enough to keep following them and showing up but still magically isn't able to take them out and doesn't look too incompetent for not being able to do so. It gives plenty of opportunity for changing things up and giving us a good show with something a little different just because the writer had a great idea for an enemy, but doesn't mess up what we already know to be true. Gives them the chance to give us many different races much like what we saw in the earlier years of SG1. Less chance that we get caught in a long story arc that just keeps dragging on and the writing suffers because they have to stay within the specific story arc of the time.

Kinda makes me want to see what some others come up with for ideas expanding on the space pirates idea.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                    I wouldn't mind a NEW Villain , but there has to be something to this new race .. They need to add something to it that no one would have thought of ...

They would need to have a few things about this new Villain that we really haven't seen yet ..

1. New look to them , they can't be your Wraith or Goa'uld type of enemy . They need to be be more like cut throat , SOMETHING different ..

2. Stronger technology . no more less advanced beings , its been done . Goa'uld where advanced , but we could find things that where more advanced then they had or that they took from others .. I would want them at the same leave as the ANCIENTS to be able to follow this ship threw space at all times ..

3. Back Story to this Advanced race . We need something new . Yes something big ... I wouldn't mind it if the new back story was something along the line of the 4 Great Races having an ADVANCED enemy that they some how got tricked into moving on to another galaxy .. Now that they have found an Ancient ship they are hoping to find out more or get revenge on the ones that banished them to be lost forever in space ..

yea they gotta stay consistent with the villains and try and build a bigger background for them, just cant make them to evil (like then new baal.. kinda a nice guy but addicted to power and doesn't real care who gets hurt)
                    "Death B4 Defeat"

Comment

Well the Foothold aliens were insectoid looking... I wouldnt mind seeing them again... say perhaps that they are attempting to flee their galaxy due to diminished resources or fleeing some other more dangerous race.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

yeah they should have a race that was just as powerful as the Ori but didn't have one downfall.... they should have more powerful ships than the wraith and be more technology advanced than the anceients to make it a real underdog story
                        sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Originally posted by jaytan View Post
                          There can't be a main villain if this stupid show is going to be confined to one little ship's travels. Why? Because for a villain to be major and reoccuring, it must be established as powerful enough to pose a serious threat. The show ends if someone blows up the ship.

I bet we'll hardly even see enemies. This show will be light on action, heavy on boring character interaction and peaceful exploration and it will fail miserably.
                          I disagree jaytan, look at BattleStar Galactica. that show is based on 1 ship always on the run, kinda like the new starship-destiny idea. And the main bad guy followed the ship everywhere in that series!

Comment

I wouldn't mind having small enemies on each planet they visit, atleast for the first/second season then bring in an uber enemy. I would also like to see episodes not with villians, but obstacles to overcome, ship problems, getting lost on alien planets, etc.

Comment

I like the idea of one of the races being space pirates. It allows them to be widespread throughout the galaxy (ie Orions). They will probably have 3 main bad guys, defeating one for good every 3-4 seasons. However, supervillians are an absolute necessity. How else could they have the military resources and occupy an expanse of space large enough to be a constant threat?

The concept of allies will be difficult, because if they are galaxy hopping, their only lasting chance would be a race like the Asgard, who can sometimes provide limited support every once in a while (like the midseason 2 parters and the season finales).
                              WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

I think the Main Enemy should be SPACE NAZIEES.

Comment

Working...
                                X