Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the super villian might be a good idea, but i really hope they do somet different, because one thing that really get on my nerves is when they dont kill some one or dont do somet then it comes back to bite them in the a$$, as happens with so many eps. then again i am no script writer.

one great idea for the bad guy would be to move away from the whole human based villian (wraith kinda bug so not so much, and ori a little) i think a villian that was not human and could not take human form would add a new dimension to the series.

or have a bad guy like the reavers in firefly, no home dont care just kill....... (wraith started out like that then turned to p00)

what i do know is they need a killer name, bad guys always need an ace name, think i would come up for a name for them, then decide what they were.

Comment

I would rather see many hostile advanced races similar to the Aschen than one superevilrace like goa'uld or the Ori
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

I think for universe, it would be a good idea to not have a main bad guy. I think it would be like the early years of SG-1 where it's a different thing every time; a lot of stand alone episodes.

Maybe we could have a group of aliens tracking the ship or something. A universe wide enemy just doesn't seem very interesting.
        sigpic

Comment

There can't be a main villain if this stupid show is going to be confined to one little ship's travels. Why? Because for a villain to be major and reoccuring, it must be established as powerful enough to pose a serious threat. The show ends if someone blows up the ship.

I bet we'll hardly even see enemies. This show will be light on action, heavy on boring character interaction and peaceful exploration and it will fail miserably.

Comment

I hope the new enemy can be taken out with good old fashioned human Weapons. No super mythival weapon to take them out.

I hope we use lots of special forces to get around them and struggle rather than take them out at will with the guns our friends gave us.

Comment

Here's a crazy idea I just though of. Just throwing it out there.

Imagine, rather than a race of beings that becomes the main villain, there is microscopic organism that infects most of a single galaxy, and is accidentally spread to the others. The organism takes control of the host, and all hosts share a hive mind. They have no individual sentience, but together their tactics are overwhelming. They also have the ability to learn from whatever their hosts knew, and transfer that knowledge amoung the hive. Aside from behaviour, there is no way to tell a 'clean' person from an infected person. The disease is universal, and can infect all organisms.

Comment

Originally posted by Cael View Post

Imagine, rather than a race of beings that becomes the main villain, there is microscopic organism that infects most of a single galaxy, and is accidentally spread to the others. The organism takes control of the host, and all hosts share a hive mind. They have no individual sentience, but together their tactics are overwhelming. They also have the ability to learn from whatever their hosts knew, and transfer that knowledge amoung the hive. Aside from behaviour, there is no way to tell a 'clean' person from an infected person. The disease is universal, and can infect all organisms.
                So organic borg? There are already too many ST:V comparisons, unfounded as they may be.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                  So organic borg? There are already too many ST:V comparisons, unfounded as they may be.
                  Agreed... though the idea is brilliant, it's far, far too close to the Borg to avoid ridicule... Which also unfortunately means that a race like the Zerg or Tyranids would also be a poor option, and that would've been my first choice for a series-wide villain... enough numbers to actually have it make sense they are continually found...

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                  Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

We aren't going to escape from those biased whiners who are looking for every small details that might resemble something that have been done before and accuse the writers for unoriginality, anyway. So I'd say, go ahead. I love Cael's idea. "Organic Borg" is different enough to be original, as long as they don't have cube-shaped ships.

Comment

Just an idea :

Spoiler:

A Blobzilla like in SGA:BAMSR. Like the Replicator, the Borg and even early Goa'uld they share the same knowledge but from time to time you can have a tiny blob that seperate from the main collective and went to explore and expand the common knowledge. All are one!

Organic or not, I don't really care. Just make them closer to us for each mini-blob (that could surely take human form ) would be like a SG team with its adventurous, scientifical, military and even archaeologic part. Since they are interested in knowledge, they are not really our enemy, they only want to snatch the ship and study it. Make them even friendly with other races...

La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                      L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Scarrans! Love em <3
                        Or well since they can't use them, how about something that actually looks alien? and speaks alien? So since nobody can communicate with them, they don't really know why they are being attacked (unless they solve the communication problem in 5 minutes of techno-babble and then become best friends.)

Comment

how about an insectoid aliens similar to the tholians though not have there temp weakness
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                            BW said that they've been considering not having a big main villain like the Goa'uld, Wraith, or Ori. I guess if the ship they're on travels through several different galaxies there may be several villains who come and go through out the series.
                            Maybe one will follow them. One who might want the ship in order to conquer the universe or something. They do need some sort of archenemy. Maybe someone who has the first ship. That would be interesting.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                              how about an insectoid aliens similar to the tholians though not have there temp weakness
                              Tholians were crystalline ^^ I guess they do look kinda like insectoids...But then again, Enterprise did spoil most stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cael View Post

Sounds a bit like the alien virus from X-Files. But I like the idea.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X