This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
    So long as the aliens give us universal healthcare and fancy uniforms, it'll be fine. We will be at peace, always.
    Do you really want Zoidburg being your doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
      Anyone else hopes for actual Aliens in Stargate Universe? I would get annoyed if they go through the universe and all they find is human planets, or aliens that look just like humans except for a little bit of makeup.
      I think actual Aliens (from the Alien movies) would be fun! They have this ship with dark corridors where they could hunt them/be hunted by them. The episode with the small flying bugs reminded me of that. I wanted nasty parasites lurking in the corridors, waiting to grab them.
      sigpic
      button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        Do you really want Zoidburg being your doctor?
        Sure. Sandals aren't that creepy.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Sure. Sandals aren't that creepy.
          But once they get the foot in the door they won't stop, aliens everywhere, in our society, in our culture, in our religion....

THE SCIENTOLOGISTS WERE RIGHT!

Comment

Now there's an idea. Bring back the Alien, and have a Stargate/Alien crossover...I wonder how Destiny would deal with those lurking in the ducting
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              ascended beings
              not really, heck the ascended beings had the appearance of angels sorta. No this is different, not sit on your butt and do nothing beings.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                not really, heck the ascended beings had the appearance of angels sorta. No this is different, not sit on your butt and do nothing beings.
                Actually, they had the look of glowy box jellyfish.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  And wings I think or maybe not, I don't have a pic to see. Can someone find the pic of floating glowing ascended being (that has a nice ring to it)? Nice pic of the jellyfish by the way. Couldn't green you anymore for it. Hey there's an idea- sea creature aliens, would they be sorta flat beings due to all the pressure and glowing due to the darkness?

Comment

And wings I think or maybe not, I don't have a pic to see. Can someone find the pic of floating glowing ascended being (that has a nice ring to it)? Nice pic of the jellyfish by the way. Couldn't green you anymore for it. Hey there's an idea- sea creature aliens, would they be sorta flat beings due to all the pressure and glowing due to the darkness?
                    Do they bring their sea with them?

Comment

Their ship's a giant fishbowl. Calling it now.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

spoiler for size:
                        Spoiler:

they look like a flying drone weapon
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          I do I want to see them maybe it is the Trekie in me but I loved Babylon 5 and Farscape also they did it well

It's because no one cared if their concept would be loved or hated by fans, they simply made aliens which they thought was cool for them. At least that's what JmS did, I'm sure the same thing occured with Farscape which had by far, the coolest muppets in space ever.
                          Both wasted opportunities for further development, IMO.
                          For some odd reason, whenever any one writes anything, they always try to play it safe; to retain a sense of safety, instead of just doing what George Lucas did: Write out of this galaxy stuff and then lord over any fan fiction, claim it and call it canon. But this lot always try to control every aspect of everything, who do they think they are, J Michael Strazynski or Kevin J Anderson, or maybe they think they're the greatest of them all Frank Herbert?

How about astral projection like beings? They drop out of FTL and some people look on the observation deck. They see the stars and constellations and one of them is the shape of a lion or something. And all of a sudden it becomes a space lion or something and starts to come towards the Destiny.
                          This is AWESOME but TPTB aren't nearly as awesome, at least, not anymore. Unfortunately, this'll probably be used in Doctor Who, or something else who isn't afraid of awesome.
                          ascended beings
                          Not necessarily since, not every glowing light in the sky is a star, so I doubt every energy based existential being must be ascended, unless of course they follow the awesomeness of an Ancient banished far far away and has the mischievousness of Q, the audacity of Trelane, the curiosity of Mayuri Kurotsuchi, the malevolence of Madara Uchiha, the persistence of Rassilon, and the brilliance of Ba'al. what if they're a parallel after thought of a stringent tachyon based entity awash in a temporal corridor from the last brane which tapped the back of ours?
                          Maybe it was by choice, or perhaps, each tentacle represents their psionic reach into our space time continuum, since apparently ascended beings can be killed due to the fact that the Sangraal dumps canceling waves into subspace, and subspace makes one immune of time (See SG1: Continuum)
                          spoiler for size:
                          Spoiler:

They look almost Vorlon like in appearence. Though the Vorlons wasn't ascended on to another plane, they were simple energy based beings, mortal enough to be killed by almost conventional means.

Comment

Sorry? I don't understand.

Maybe the FTL malfunctions and they drop out of FTL and start getting sucked into a whirlpool of some kind of liquid in space. Doesn't have to be a conventional water planet.

spoiler for size:
                            Spoiler:

Thanks for finding that, greened.

I guess they sorta do, but their appearance is just mostly for the "ooooooh, aaaaaah" effects I think.

Yeah, Farscape was very out there with their aliens, almost rampant. I liked it for the most part. A short lived series to me which had the potential for more I think due to the wild and wacky imagination. SGU's a bit more toned down and I can't think of the word to describe it but they're sorta more stifling and uh TPTB likes things clean cut I guess. Sorry can't think of the word, me and my limited vocabulary.

Comment

Personally I have always seen the Ascended Ancients to look like Glowing Jellyfish/Squid. Infact I always thought it might have been cool to see a huge group of them floating around space like a ball of fish, with maybe an Ori vs, Ancient battle looking like Sharks attacking a bait ball. Shame it never happened.

As for SGU, I hope we don't see any acceded Ancients, atleast not as a major story arc, and one off might be cool with an original builder of the Destiny providing some backstory about the ships launch. However both SG-1 series 9-10 and the end of Atlantis pretty much covered the Ancients accession, so not much else is really needed, lets keep it as one of them great mysteries.

Although I have always wondered what other alien species might look like ascended, maybe an all new Alien race which has also reached that stage?
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                                Personally I have always seen the Ascended Ancients to look like Glowing Jellyfish/Squid. Infact I always thought it might have been cool to see a huge group of them floating around space like a ball of fish, with maybe an Ori vs, Ancient battle looking like Sharks attacking a bait ball. Shame it never happened.

As for SGU, I hope we don't see any acceded Ancients, atleast not as a major story arc, and one off might be cool with an original builder of the Destiny providing some backstory about the ships launch. However both SG-1 series 9-10 and the end of Atlantis pretty much covered the Ancients accession, so not much else is really needed, lets keep it as one of them great mysteries.

Although I have always wondered what other alien species might look like ascended, maybe an all new Alien race which has also reached that stage?
                                I would rather see some older races than the Alterans
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X