Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What "Mythologies" would you like to see included?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
    I'd love to see Lemuria pushed hard in a SG-mythology.

There's little information on Lemuria as compared to Atlantis.
    'Cos it was basically invented in the 19th century.

Comment

New Villains for Universe:

Spoiler:
      Space Lemurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        I always thought that the Goa'uld had taken humans from all over Earth prior to the uprising, yet there was only one Stargate. When Ra fled, he probably ordered the rest to leave.

Even if we are to accept that Earth was "shared" by multiple goa'uld (something which I do not buy), there is still the issue that several of the cultures represented are not contemporary with one another. Egypt is dated back around 5,000 years. The Maya, as one example, only go back about 2,000.

If Ra held the gate, and was allowing other goa'uld to sit around on Earth, scooping up humans and influencing the local cultures, then these cultures would all date back to about the same time. After Ra got booted off the planet, there would be no additional goa'uld influences on us, nor would there be any Earth culture influences upon the goa'uld.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          Even if we are to accept that Earth was "shared" by multiple goa'uld (something which I do not buy), there is still the issue that several of the cultures represented are not contemporary with one another. Egypt is dated back around 5,000 years. The Maya, as one example, only go back about 2,000.
          As far as we know...

If Ra held the gate, and was allowing other goa'uld to sit around on Earth, scooping up humans and influencing the local cultures, then these cultures would all date back to about the same time. After Ra got booted off the planet, there would be no additional goa'uld influences on us, nor would there be any Earth culture influences upon the goa'uld.
          Daniel does mention this in... Solitudes, I think, about how they've encountered cultures from after the gate was buried.

Sokar, at least, was visiting Earth long after the uprising in Egypt, stealing Christians.

Comment

While the dates for human habitation in North America are being pushed back as more archaeology is done, we can be pretty sure about the dates for the so-called "New World" cultures. The progenitor culture of the area is the Olmecs, who start back around 3500 years ago. As a nation, Egypt was already that old.

Any later trips to Earth by goa'uld are a bit of a mystery to me. Why wouldn't one of them have tried to set up shop? Another stargate and DHD could be shipped to Earth if the old one couldn't be found. And if the locals got a bit too uppity, just bomb them back to the Stone Age and move down the road and start over.

And what about the Asgard?

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

We'll see fake mythology. Nothing earth based. We'll probably see a lot of Ancient mythology.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I don't think we will see mythology in Universe, but if it will be a would choose my fav: Nordic mythology.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paulanthony View Post
                  Maybe it is time to start bringing back mythology based story arcs, i would like to see some inclusions for Mayan civilizations or Minoans, which were barely touched upon in previous episodes. I think the Mayan's could be related with a "Crystal Skull" alien story Ark. I would also like to see some inclusion for other lost civilization myths such as the lost kingdom of Hiva (cities of gold) or to fllow uo with other previously unidentified technologies such as those in "Paradise lost"
                  I don't want to see anything in Universe!!!!!!
                  That kind of story arcs could only been told in SG1 and Atlantis anyway!!!!
                  Spoiler:
                  APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                  (YEAR 0 - 100)
                  "O thou Sun,
                  send me as far over the earth
                  as is my pleasure and thine,
                  and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                  but never hear anything of bad ones,
                  nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

regards,
                    G.

Earth could have been shared. we know that most other planets in the MW aren't as densely populated nor have as many different cultures as Earth. Goa'ulds could have just divided up Earth territories. Also, if Ra was teh Supreme Goa'uld System Lord he had other Goa'ulds serving him, meaning humans worshipped them also to some extent.

The Goa'uld that were the Egyptian Gods dominated one area of Earth. Other Goa'ulds ( Greek gods, Roman gods,etc) dominated other areas respectively.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
                      Earth could have been shared. we know that most other planets in the MW aren't as densely populated nor have as many different cultures as Earth. Goa'ulds could have just divided up Earth territories. Also, if Ra was teh Supreme Goa'uld System Lord he had other Goa'ulds serving him, meaning humans worshipped them also to some extent.

The Goa'uld that were the Egyptian Gods dominated one area of Earth. Other Goa'ulds ( Greek gods, Roman gods,etc) dominated other areas respectively.

I go back to my earlier point: if Earth was shared by several goa'uld during the same time period, then the human cultures which they inspired would be contemporary with the Egyptian culture which was inspired by Ra (ie. they would also date back to 5,000 yrs BCE). This is not the case, in this universe nor in the Stargate universe. The Greek culture, as one example, comes much later than the Eygptian.

After the gate was lost, the only way the goa'uld could return would be by ship. It seems odd to me that one of the more powerful ones did not take it upon themselves to dig up the gate at Giza, or at the very least, show up with a new gate taken from a different world. They would then be able to set up shop again.

The use of multiple Earth cultures says three things to me about the producers/writers of SG1: 1.) they wanted to support a multi-cultural view of the human race. It also explains why we see humans other than those who look like they are of Eygptian extraction; 2.) they wanted to change up the villians and it would make things a bit more exotic to say that the goa'uld-de-jour is Yu or Cronus rather than the latest in a succession of goa'uld based on gods dredged from Eyptian mythology; 3.) the producers/writers made a bad choice early in the show's history and found they couldn't get out from under it once the avalanche had started.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

But there was a second gate on earth.....

I would assume as earth was the home place of humans, then maybe it was under some protection or some sort of treaty that no one will dominate it completely.

Maybe over the years people would stop off for a while, then the asgard or something would come and scare them off, but the cultures were influenced. Or people got strandard here and there importanting cultures. There's many explanations. But in the end of the day, its just something best not to look for a definitive answer.

Comment

Yes, therre was a second gate, and DHD, brought to Earth by Ra ( I assume).

Originally posted by Grinspoon View Post
                          There's many explanations. But in the end of the day, its just something best not to look for a definitive answer.
                          You are indeed wise.

I suppose that, in the greater scheme of things it doesn't matter anymore what they did on SG-1 (although, as fans it is our responsibility to do in-depth analysis of the show ).

Let's just hope that the folks putting Universe together put out a solid product. Which doesn't include any Earth mythology...

regards,
                          G.
                          Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                          X