Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation/Discussion about the Destiny (Spoilers through S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought destiny was supposed to be an Aurora class

Comment

I think it's going to be a giant self contained space balloon!
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Here's HOW they should explain it all in one scene:

Scientist: The ship is stuck on some type of pre-created schedule, jumping from world to world. There doesn't appear to be any form of manual controls either. It looks like we're trapped!

Soldier: Ok, but how and why would ancients setup a ship to automatically fly to all these worlds without some means of manually controlling it if things got...wonky?

Scientist: Well you see...there's a very good and reasonable explaination for all this...it starts with...
        *BOOM!!!!*
        *Ship is suddenly hit by strange alien weapons, damaging it's hull and shaking all it's occupants*

Soldier: We're under attack!!

There you go!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
          Here's HOW they should explain it all in one scene:
          You forgot the bit about the scientist standing next to a non-essential bit of equipment which explodes and kills him/her. As the scientist was the only person who knew why the ship is stuck on a pre-created schedule the reason has to remain a mystery
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            You forgot the bit about the scientist standing next to a non-essential bit of equipment which explodes and kills him/her. As the scientist was the only person who knew why the ship is stuck on a pre-created schedule the reason has to remain a mystery

The explosion will also critically wound the lead SG officer, who will recover somewhat quickly thanks to his strong, but witty personality. He'll be damaged goods at first, but get over it in a few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
              The explosion will also critically wound the lead SG officer, who will recover somewhat quickly thanks to his strong, but witty personality. He'll be damaged goods at first, but get over it in a few episodes.
              I think he'll carry on regardless of his injuries even though the expedition's doctor tells him he needs treatment straight away. He'll only agree to being sewn up after the attack is over and he'll be up and about again by the next episode. This episode will also reveal that none of the surviving science experts can figure out the secret of the pre-created schedule because one's a botanist, another is a biologist and a third is a geneticist etc. etc. The soldier from the previous episode is asked if the dead scientist managed to tell him anything useful before he goes off to join the very first landing party. As he's now had two appearances and three lines to say the viewers are very sad when he gets left behind to show us what terrible danger the main characters are in due to being unable to control the ship.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL! I love it.
                We need to write a fan-fic!

Ok, so I don't have time...but just imagine!!!!

=P

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  I'd love to see them find a living colony of Ancients on some far distant world.
                  I too think that might be a good idea, but with them being more like the Orii, than then those who left the original galaxy for the MW.

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                  i thought destiny was supposed to be an Aurora class
                  Where has that been said by the concept originators?
                  http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

I hope Destiny will have an Ancient name too. It is a bit disappointing to hear an English word for such old vehicle. Maybe they could have used a mythological name.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I hope Destiny will have an Ancient name too. It is a bit disappointing to hear an English word for such old vehicle. Maybe they could have used a mythological name.

The semi-direct English to Latin translation is "Fatum". Not too inspiring, so I guess they'd come up with something else.

Look up "Moira".

regards,
                      G.
                      Last edited by Gollumpus; 29 August 2008, 01:16 PM. Reason: Addition
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

"Orion" had an Ancient name too, but they couldn't spell it.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The Destiny may have been created by the Ancients, but the show won't deal with the Ancients, as the Ancients never followed the ship. I wonder if they'll find the ship that seeded the stargates. The Destiny is the second ship, right?
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I think the finding of the gate planter ship will be a cliff hanger at the end of the season. Maybe it was captured by a hostile lifeform and it felt down to a planet.

Comment

Commando guy: Well can't you reprogram it and take it out of whatever course it's on?

Science guy: There are millions of sub-routines and I don't even know where to begin looking, not to mention the obvious danger of hitting random buttons.

Commando guy: What's the worst that could happen?

Science guy: We could steer directly into a sun and burn up.

Commando guy: Maybe you should just take your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryowolf View Post
                                Commando guy: Well can't you reprogram it and take it out of whatever course it's on?

Science guy: There are millions of sub-routines and I don't even know where to begin looking, not to mention the obvious danger of hitting random buttons.

Commando guy: What's the worst that could happen?

Science guy: We could steer directly into a sun and burn up.

Commando guy: Maybe you should just take your time.
                                Damn those sub-routines!

Comment

Working...
                                X