This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinspoon View Post
    If they are on the follow up ship that was never launched, why is it on a unchangeable course? Seems pretty stupid.
    If its just a follow up course mimicking the seeding ship, why build a ship to explore/check what happened if you can never stop to look around?
    The Ancients could have had more planned.

The more and more i think of the actually concept it doesn't make sense.
    I really don't think anybody's in a position to say this based on a three-paragraph synopsis.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      I really don't think anybody's in a position to say this based on a three-paragraph synopsis.
      I remember that when initial word on Atlantis came out about the Wraith defeating the Ancients, some people thought that they believed the Wraith capable of killing Ascended beings.

So I agree with that, we can't judge anything at the moment just on a three paragraph synopsis.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
        TBH I think by younger audience they simply mean people who are not yet familiar with the show. The majority of SGA fans were also SG-1 fans, so they want to attract new fans who don't need to know the entire history of the show to enjoy it.
        I feel like if that were the case, they would have said "new" fans instead of "younger." In what I've seen of TV parlance, "younger" usually means "edgy & twentysomething."
        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
        Spoiler:
        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Basically, based on what we know RIGHT NOW, it does not make sense. Being set on the seeding ship would make sense, particularly as to why they can't gate ahead to the next position of the ship, but it's been stated that the ship theyre on will arrive and gates planted many years before the destiny, so it can't be. Which makes you wonder what the hell the point of the second ship actually is and whether therell be any gate usage at all.

I'm also guessing that this series WON'T have humans, as from the early concept talk discussed we're looking at something quite different.

I think at this stage it's too early to comment on the plot specific element of the show, but we can discuss the overall theme and tone.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Basically, based on what we know RIGHT NOW, it does not make sense. Being set on the seeding ship would make sense, particularly as to why they can't gate ahead to the next position of the ship, but it's been stated that the ship theyre on will arrive and gates planted many years before the destiny, so it can't be. Which makes you wonder what the hell the point of the second ship actually is and whether therell be any gate usage at all.

I'm also guessing that this series WON'T have humans, as from the early concept talk discussed we're looking at something quite different.

I think at this stage it's too early to comment on the plot specific element of the show, but we can discuss the overall theme and tone.
            What if the second ship is a teraformer. Making new planets fit for colonisation. that makes a bit more sense.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

If I see more humans in the universe, I'll scream.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What if you see more Canadian forests in the universe?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                  What if you see more Canadian forests in the universe?
                  Ohhhh there will be death...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

What if you see more humans in the universe who aren't really humans because they're shape shifters who have to take on a human appearance so they can communicate with real humans?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                      What if you see more humans in the universe who aren't really humans because they're shape shifters who have to take on a human appearance so they can communicate with real humans?
                      ... are they in a Canadian Forest?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

... are they in a Canadian Forest?
                        You'll know it isn't a Canadian Forest because of all the exotic looking plastic plants and shrubbery placed between trees which happen to look like Earth trees because of parallel evolution.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                          You'll know it isn't a Canadian Forest because of all the exotic looking plastic plants and shrubbery placed between trees which happen to look like Earth trees because of parallel evolution.
                          Hmm... *looks around cautiously... like a meerkat - scurry, sniff, FLINCH. scurry, sniff, FLINCH*

Alright... but NO funny business. If I suspect it's ACTUALLY a canadian forest, or those shapeshifting aliens are actually human..

*ahem*

*quotes*

Originally posted by 6:12
                          And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by 6:12
                            And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood
                            Ah - you saw Rodney messing around with that Ancient device which was only supposed to control sun spots but put the suns out instead so the Ancients stopped using it and left it lying around because they ascended and it was against the law for them to clear up their litter once they were on the higher planes of existence.

Great CGI, by the way.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              I like it and if it's going to have more dramatic intensity like BSG, I'll love SGU
                              You like BSG and you're posting for ages in stargate threads.....
                              no comment really.
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
                                Does anybody out there think Stargate Universe is a good concept and will do well? It seems every person on every thread I've read absolutely hates it and thinks the show will suck. I for one think it will do well, and everyone is being too overly dramatic.
                                It's a concept that has nothing to do with Stargate or REAL SCI FI!!!
                                Spoiler:
                                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                                "O thou Sun,
                                send me as far over the earth
                                as is my pleasure and thine,
                                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...