Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we have it!! Stargate Voya, er universe.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Stop that
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      Stop that
      Hey, different reason for the link. I was linking to a post of mine with an image I put in. I was enjoying my own joke.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i think the best was battlestargate voyager but hey why not

Comment

I dont want Star Trek or BSG I want Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by bentdog View Post
            I dont want Star Trek or BSG I want Stargate!
            No I think stargate could really benefit from a BSG style reimaging.... Just a bit grittier, not so comfortable, and of course with me as the star
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I like Voyager and I personally can't wait for SGU.

However I hope they aren't rushed into creating SGU like they were with SGA! I hope the storyline is properly thought out and the characters are given time to develope on the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                I like Voyager and I personally can't wait for SGU.

However I hope they aren't rushed into creating SGU like they were with SGA! I hope the storyline is properly thought out and the characters are given time to develope on the show!
                They said its been in the development stage for 2 years.
                General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

Well voyager was heading straight home while Destiny is wandering aimlessly, so no not really. Theres other scifi thats more similar than voyager. And just because its similar to something that was successful a decade ago dosent mean its bad or derivitive. Basically every fiction since about 1930 is derivative of some other idea. As humans weve reached the cap of our imaginations, and all that is left is to reconcieve prior ideas in superior ways fitting them to a changing culture.

eg BSG
                  eg TNG

Comment

Also keep in mind that many people consider Voyager a 'missed opportunity' story wise. There was so much potential there for an ongoing series, but instead fans were treated to the 'story of the week'. With the exceptions of the Seska saga in the first season and the encounters with the Borg, there is actually very little in common with many of the Voyager stories other than they are still in the Delta Quadrant.

I think Stargate has a far superior writing staff than Star Trek: Voyager. So in a way, even if the series is similar, it definitely isn't any sort of indication of its potential.

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                      thank god we have another thread about this................. not sure we had enough for a second there.
                      think we need another one?
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

As long as Janeway is not in it does it matter if it is a Voyager clone?

Comment

As long that we don't have a red alert every single episode it will be better then voyager

Comment

I am starting to Stargate heading down the same road that killed Star Trek..

Comment

I think the whole thing sucks! First they get rid of the best Stargate show....SG1, now they are getting rid of Atlantis. I just got use to being with out new SG1 episodes! You don't git rid of good things!

Comment

Voyager was not original. At all. There were "far from home" stories long before Voyager ever came around.

Difference between Stargate Universe & Voyager

Voyager =
                                * Human-created Federation Starship with its original crew (discounting Maquis)
                                * Voyager is thrown halfway across the galaxy by an alien entity and has to make its way back home. They know where home is though, its just seventy-five years away, and if they can find another, faster way home they will take it
                                * Voyager = Star Trek, set in the 24th century

Universe
                                *Destiny = Alteran built, which means its millions of years old. Its completely automated so the original crew of the ship is long gone
                                *A team of explorers goes through a Stargate (Star Trek has none of these if I'm not mistaken) to explore Destiny and learns that its on an automated course away from Earth and that they have no way back. Thus they become the new crew of the Destiny
                                *Its us, in our own time not humans in the future who are on the ship, which makes it vastly different than Star Trek

Now, since some are also making comparisons to Galactica:

Galactica =
                                *A ragtag fleet, lead by the remaining lone battlestar, a ship about to be retired but brought back into service when the Cylons attack, searches for a new home, which could possibly be Earth
                                *The fleet is constantly on the run from the Cylons
                                *They have no idea where Earth is, and for all they know its a myth
                                *The series follows a race of humans who developed alongside Earth's humans, and its not clear when BSG is set compared to our own time, at least not yet

Interesting, I haven't noticed too many people bringing Farscape into the mix either, but I'll throw it in here since it also features an explorer far away from home

Farscape=
                                *An astronaut, John Crichton, is thrown halfway across the galaxy by a wormhole during one of his experiments. He ends up on a living ship, full of escaped alien prisoners and is trying to find a way home
                                *He finds himself hunted by an insane military commander (Crais, Scorpius) bent on killing him either for killing his brother (Crais) or for the wormhole technology locked in his brain (Scorpius)
                                *Farscape is pure [Bi]nsanity[/B] you never know what direction the show is going to go, and sometimes you just plain have no clue what's going on
                                *Lots and lots of wierd Henson aliens, very few actual humanoid aliens

These are all basic descriptions, but...hey! Look! I just described four different tv shows! They all feature a person/group of people trying to get to/back/find Earth but that's pretty much where the simililarity ends. Could it possibly be that Universe will earn its own place among these shows?
                                That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X