• Show
Clear All

honestly... give the series up already.. its over and done with
    deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
      I'm really displeased with the "younger generation" comment...and I think doing that may alienate a lot of the current fans before the show even starts. I myself am not really looking forward to a bunch of younger, less experienced soldiers running the show.
      it could be an interesting story, they get unexpectedly trapped on this ship searching for a way home against all odds...

even if they are young they would have to grow up pretty damn fast
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
        it could be an interesting story, they get unexpectedly trapped on this ship searching for a way home against all odds...

even if they are young they would have to grow up pretty damn fast
        You'll get no arguement from me on the story. I'm actually really into the idea of being stuck on a ship that can't be stopped.

It's the crew i'm worried about. This whole "younger" thing isn't settling well for me.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I'll be keener on the youngsters if there are a minimum of two over-40s in the mix. None at all would be implausible, and only having one would mean that the 'oldster' was only there to be a mentor type. Having two middle-aged characters would allow there to be some sort of proper grown-up interaction in the show - always a good thing.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
            I'll be keener on the youngsters if there are a minimum of two over-40s in the mix. None at all would be implausible, and only having one would mean that the 'oldster' was only there to be a mentor type. Having two middle-aged characters would allow there to be some sort of proper grown-up interaction in the show - always a good thing.
            Quite

and theres always the chance that fandom have taken one line and extrapolated it to extremes.... its happened before....
            Spoiler:
            Continuum and the minor change in the time line
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I'd be able to stomach this whole idea more if most of the people were older...and the SG team (if there's even a Stargate??) was a younger team of soldiers. Maybe on one of their first few missions. THAT I could deal with. But a majority of the crew being very young would be intolerable.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

When I first heard there was a possible chance of a third Stargate show, I was practically jumping up and down. I'm looking forward to Stargate: Universe, I just don't want it to replace Atlantis. The first episode of Stargate I saw was Atlantis, now SG-1, so it is a bit more appealing to me.

Atlantis still has so much potential! The ratings were going up for season 5, so why did they cancel it? I say we need another season or two.

But I will still watch Universe, even if Atlantis isn't on anymore. Since the first episode I saw, I've been hooked to anything Stargate. Be it SG-1, Atlantis, or anything else. Atlantis is just my favorite.

Comment

I'd be able to stomach this whole idea more if most of the people were older...and the SG team (if there's even a Stargate??) was a younger team of soldiers. Maybe on one of their first few missions. THAT I could deal with. But a majority of the crew being very young would be intolerable.
                  all we know is that it will apparently be aimed at a younger audience.... now that does not equate to a younger cast....

either way I am sure there will be a realistic Colonel in charge of everything... given the team get stuck unexpectedly a General is unfeasible

Comment

I'm really displeased with the "younger generation" comment...and I think doing that may alienate a lot of the current fans before the show even starts. I myself am not really looking forward to a bunch of younger, less experienced soldiers running the show.
                    Yeah that comment makes me nervous too. I like "adult supervision" in my shows!

all we know is that it will apparently be aimed at a younger audience.... now that does not equate to a younger cast....

either way I am sure there will be a realistic Colonel in charge of everything... given the team get stuck unexpectedly a General is unfeasible
                    To me it equates to more flirting, more flashing, and more goofiness.

Comment

i liked SG1 and how that was aimed at the audience
                      i'm not sure i'd like the new series if they changed the way it's filmed/storylines/way the script is written

i may end up loving the new series but i think they should really continue a series until they think it's done and i personally felt SGA was cancelled a bit prematurly
                      i was JUST getting into SGA to find out it's cancelled and it will be just the new series
                      i don't want them to keep coming up with new things all the time
                      i want them to stick to what's alreading going
                      but others will want change i guess it's just that when i get to know the characters i like to stay with them
                      "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Ignore This One Skip to the next post...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          To me it equates to more flirting, more flashing, and more goofiness.
                          I'm just trying to be optimistic I hope that wasn't what they meant

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
                          i liked SG1 and how that was aimed at the audience
                          i'm not sure i'd like the new series if they changed the way it's filmed/storylines/way the script is written

i may end up loving the new series but i think they should really continue a series until they think it's done and i personally felt SGA was cancelled a bit prematurly
                          i was JUST getting into SGA to find out it's cancelled and it will be just the new series
                          i don't want them to keep coming up with new things all the time
                          i want them to stick to what's alreading going
                          but others will want change i guess it's just that when i get to know the characters i like to stay with them
                          I agree.... but at least we get movies to carry SGA on which is more than most shows get

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine W
                            Would you mind not telling people to 'button it', only we have rules here about not dictating what show-related opinions people can or can't post.
                            Sorry about the button it comment,it was only meant as a harmless Joke.
                            I Had No Intention of offending anyone.
                            thank you for seeing the point of the post as well all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney M. Caboose View Post
                              Read the Title of the God Damn thread for once, Please!
                              Why even have "Unneeded Replacement" as an option if you're just going to be bizarrely hostile to anyone who believes that's what Universe is?
                              Theoretically spoilerish:
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

So that this thread can stay on topic, I should probably take this opportunity to state that the tone of a thread is generally set by its first post AND title. However, people posting are generally free to pick and choose which elements of the first and subsequent posts they respond to, and focus on part of the title or first post. No one has to respond to the entire first post or mention the whole title.

So lets discuss the show (or what we know of it), and if anyone has any problems with how another poster is posting, could you Report it and let the mods deal, cos this thread has the potential to be a reasonable discussion.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X