X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
    so wait.... fifteen episodes?? per season of sgu or am i missing something
    Where did you get that? I thought it was 20.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
      That's true.

I think what we're seeing with this last season of Atlantis (and the last season of SG-1) is somewhat the direction they are taking. Lately Atlantis has had a lot more action, a little darker and a bit more talking without technobabble...I think that's the direction they've been wanting to go for a while...
      Good point.

The Stargate Solutions website has an exclusive Q & A with Joe Mallozzi, and when they asked about the "younger audience" and "new direction" of SGU, he pointed out that they are always trying to draw in a younger audience, and that Atlantis specifically began with that purpose in mind. So basically, this "new direction" isn't new. Granted JM is not in charge or SGU, but his point is still valid.

Someone, I think it was Brad Wright, said they wanted SGU to be more "character-based." Oddly enough, I feel like SG1 started out as "character-based," and that's what some fans thought was lacking in Atlantis. In which case, this "new direction" really isn't new.
      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Harkonnen View Post
        Yeah, I was kind of hoping for a darker more violent Stargate.
        You'll get your darker show. In the other series, if characters had lingering PTSD from their experiences, they would have to get over it by the next episode or be section 8'd. In this series, they'll have to make do with character flaws that show up - sorta' like Voyager did, only more realistically this time, please.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
          Instead of any of them what about Nicholas Brendan, he is a good actor who isnt doing alot at the moment and the good thing about him is he could play a person in the military or a scientist.
          I became a fan of him after Buffy. He really deserves to get some better roles after Buffy. If Stargate Universe is any good, I wouldn't mind seeing him on that.

But what I really want is to see him play a younger Ash in an Evil Dead remake. Bruce Campbell is awesome, and I think the only person that could ever come close to doing Ash as well is Nicholas Brendon. He's even got a twin brother that could be Evil Ash. Having a twin brother would no doubt come in handy for Stargate Universe as well.

Comment

I think "Psycho" should be a woman and maybe they should change the gender of Chloe Carpenter and Eli Hitchcock too.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I've been *****ing in several other threads that i want a more culturally diverse team. I also must admit that i find it rather strange that they would send such an inexperienced team on a mission like this. The stereotypes i can get over, but i wish they'd ad some diversity.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X