This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate View Post
    I agree with whoever said Dean Cain, because he's big enough of a name to be a draw-card, but yet he's still a relatively small name. Since Lois and Clark finished I've only seen him in 4 things; Hosting 'Ripleys: Belive It or Not', small part in the film 'Ratrace', a 2 or 3 ep guest apperence in 'Las Vagas', and as him self in a cameo on 'Robotchicken'.

He's perfect!

And as for the idea of moving to another network, wasn't MGM looking into that, but can't because or their Atlantis contract with Sci-Fi?
    People made enough fun that "MacGyver" could be out-MacGyver-ed by Carter. Imagine the response when "Superman" gets overpowered by a few stinking Jaffa.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      People made enough fun that "MacGyver" could be out-MacGyver-ed by Carter. Imagine the response when "Superman" gets overpowered by a few stinking Jaffa.
      I love Dean Cain on Lois and Clark but he is not someone I want to see on Stargate.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Problem with casting someone big is they'd most likely end up over-shadowing whatever the show was meant to be about. After a couple of shows the people that the big name drew in are probably more likely to leave the show than to stick around. Especially if the show runners are only relying on the big name and not getting the writing, the production, etc up to par.

I definitely agree with everyone who's said go for the actors who aren't known that well. Start fresh and look for the best chemistry. And not just the kind of chemistry that's going to make people want to ship characters together, but the kind of chemistry that fits with the characters you're trying to create.

Trying to stuff a known actor/actress into a part for name recognition isn't going to do anything except *maybe* get the show a bit of exposure. It may even backfire and make things seem forced/contrived, like the writing/production/whatever is simply playing up to what the "name" is known for doing. Start fresh and really work on building a strong foundation with SGU instead of relying on some actor/actress to set that foundation.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I think that Adam Balwin is a good suggestion since we already know him as Col. Dave Dixon. He's already part of the SG universe (pardon the pun) and he is like some said a name but not too big a name.

Perfecto!

Comment

how about Terry o'quinn, locke from lost, he'd make a really good seasoned marine or something, and from lost he's got the selling power i think

or how about hank azaria, i'd say hes well known enough to pull in veiwers, he's funny and would make a great archeologist or scientist.
            Last edited by AvatarIII; 15 July 2007, 09:14 AM.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Michael Richards as the lead villain of a new race known as the "Big'gohts."
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

How about...

Sean Patrick Flanery?

He's done SG1 as Orlin before and seems to be able to pull off several different style rolls in his career. I think he would be a strong lead...

Comment

Michael Richards as the lead villain of a new race known as the "Big'gohts."
                  lol...and he could hae big hair and burst through doors...with a Captn named Newman
                  Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  how about Terry o'quinn, locke from lost, he'd make a really good seasoned marine or something, and from lost he's got the selling power i think

or how about hank azaria, i'd say hes well known enough to pull in veiwers, he's funny and would make a great archeologist or scientist.
                  I really hate Terry's acting..he is the same in everything.

Hank would be great as a nerdy scientist. He is so versatile, he is a great actor.

Although, they could just cast me and save the trouble

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                  hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                  Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                  OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    I think that Adam Balwin is a good suggestion since we already know him as Col. Dave Dixon. He's already part of the SG universe (pardon the pun) and he is like some said a name but not too big a name.
                    I agree. While I myself would prefer someone from SG1 for sentimental reasons, as with Atlantis, relatively unknown but established character/s is probably the way TPTB will go.
                    sigpic
                    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

TPTB will probably make Rodney McKay the lead in the new series. "Stargate Universe, staring David Hewitt as Rodney McKay." *shivers*
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

How about a female lead?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          How about a female lead?

Rodney and his sister?
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            Rodney and his sister?
                            Rodney would still be the lead.

I mean, really the lead and not second in lead.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              How about a female lead?

That's why I say they should cast me
                              I'll be up there in a few years to be an actress..so I should audition

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                              hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                              OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                                Does any one else think that they should try to get a lead actor for SGU that is more of a big name? Some one who they could say 'Blah Blah stars in Stargate Universe' in all the ads like they did with RDA for SG-1 to kind of give the ratings a boost. Maybe some one like Scott Bacula (who despite being on Enterprise would be perfect in my mind. I loved Quantum Leap.) or David Duchovney. .

Duchoveney could do it (fame wise), but I don't see him playing a jack/shep/cam alpha male type role. I do like him though.
                                David Duchovney made a huge deal about how much it rains in Vancouver, when he was on X-Files. For that reason, he probably wouldn't do a TV show filmed in Vancouver. He'd fuss and whine for it to be filmed in California. And, to be honest Canadians who remember him in that way, wouldn't want him back.

As for who would be great in the next series, maybe someone who guest stared on Stargate and demonstrated how good he was. Like Cliff Simon. Ba'al could either lose the Goa'uld and play the role as a human, or be a redeemed bad guy, similar to the "Spike" role in Angel.
                                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X