Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    Thanks for the link Morjana

Cookies for anyone who can rip it
    You're very welcome, Lahela.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      I think the voice-overs for me equalled a more character-centric feel. Is character-centric more attractive to young people now? Because for some reason I still have this stigma that the (most) male target demo are looking for T&A and big explosions.
      Well, not this male.

This male is looking for those...AND character-centric-ness.

And I totally get what you mean with the "no franchise bond" thing. For me, I've developed a respect for the people behind the scenes so that's a bond, I guess. But I am definitely open to see some experimentation with the Stargate formula. Who knows what wonders they may hit upon.
      Last edited by PG15; 04 April 2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Sooooo.........

New trailer, eh?

Not bad, not bad. This most recent trailer is a definite departure from the format Skiffy ('xcuse me, Syfylis) used to use for Stargate. Maybe a new mindset accompanied the name change or maybe this new series merits the difference in advertising formats.

Whatever the case, cliche "philosophical"-ness aside, I'm intrigued.

Also, SQUEEE for Ming-Na. 'Cause I'm girly like that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          Sooooo.........

New trailer, eh?

Not bad, not bad. This most recent trailer is a definite departure from the format Skiffy ('xcuse me, Syfylis) used to use for Stargate. Maybe a new mindset accompanied the name change or maybe this new series merits the difference in advertising formats.

Whatever the case, cliche "philosophical"-ness aside, I'm intrigued.
          I'm a persciber that they are try to make the trailer dark to catch the interest of the departuring BSG fans. While I don't believe this is what SGU will be like its an resaonable marketing gambit. Besides trailers are always misleading
          Also, SQUEEE for Ming-Na. 'Cause I'm girly like that.
          You are one strange women.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            This male is looking for those...AND character-centric-ness.
            Well, eye candy is always nice I guess, though none of the men on SGU are really doing anything for me. look-wise

Not bad, not bad. This most recent trailer is a definite departure from the format Skiffy ('xcuse me, Syfylis) used to use for Stargate.
            I personally found this trailer format much more appealing than the advertising they did for Atlantis. It felt less Sci-Fi to me. (The network, not the genre)

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Besides trailers are always misleading.
            Especially Skiffy Siffy trailers. Has that prophet been born yet?

This is probably the most intriguing trailer on Skiffy for a long time. Though the one with Carson made me squee really loud, but for completely different reasons.

Comment

Well, eye candy is always nice I guess, though none of the men on SGU are really doing anything for me. look-wise
              Somehow I bet that will change when the pilot airs.

I personally found this trailer format much more appealing than the advertising they did for Atlantis. It felt less Sci-Fi to me. (The network, not the genre)
              Thats because SciFi tend to give away the plot. The SGU teaser taught us nothing except that they "aren't suppose to be there"

The Prophet was born decades ago but died in The Seer
              This is probably the most intriguing trailer on Skiffy for a long time. Though the one with Carson made me squee really loud, but for completely different reasons.
              Were those gutter reasons?
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm a persciber that they are try to make the trailer dark to catch the interest of the departuring BSG fans. While I don't believe this is what SGU will be like its an resaonable marketing gambit. Besides trailers are always misleading
                It could work however, SGU would also need to overcome the reputation of Stargate in general.

You are one strange women.
                Why? Because I SQUEE for Ming-Na? You mean to tell me you don't?

Oh, me too. Skiffy had some pretty bad trailers for SGA; just a mass assortment of various clips. I'm more partial to the promos that imbue a certain atmosphere to get people excited for the next episode.

That was the most demented thing ever. In the history of trailers. Ever.
                sigpic

Comment

It could work however, SGU would also need to overcome the reputation of Stargate in general.
                  And there lies the problem. Many viewers are going to have a hard time changing theis bias towards or against Stargate. Wheither SGU is not a good portion of SciFi(or whatever their name is) viewers have already developed their opinion on Stargate. Its going to take a lot of epicness to get past that bias

Why? Because I SQUEE for Ming-Na? You mean to tell me you don't?
                  A combination of fatigue of the sterotype that I'm use to seeing hetrosexual women squee over the men.

That was the most demented thing ever. In the history of trailers. Ever.
                  I thought "the bomb is the building" trailer was pretty demented
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

A combination of fatigue of the sterotype that I'm use to seeing hetrosexual women squee over the men.
                    I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that I find Ming-Na both a great actress and a really beautiful woman.

But if you'd be more comfortable with me squeeing over Brian J. Smith...well...tough.

I thought "the bomb is the building" trailer was pretty demented
                    Which episode trailer was that?
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that I find Ming-Na both a great actress and a really beautiful woman.

But if you'd be more comfortable with me squeeing over Brian J. Smith...well...tough.
                      Well first of all it was a joke to begin with. Maybe it was in a poor taste. And I know exactally what you are saying. I can tell when a male actor is attractive. I just tend not to squee over it.

And knowing you as I do Brian J. Smith doesn't seem like the person you normally thunk.
                      Which episode trailer was that?
                      That was way back in SG1, Ex Deus Machina. Were they basically gave us the plot twist.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Update:

Major D. Davis writes: “1. Does the cut include visual effects such as the Destiny?

2. Is Will Waring directing Water?”

Answers: 1. It takes several months to complete work on visual effects. So - no.

2. Yes.

Michael Linn writes: “Hey Joe, Did the gate get a redesign for Universe like it did for Atlantis?”

Answer: Yep, all new gate. Or, actually, all new old gate. I’d say it’s probably the coolest of the three gates, almost steam punk in operation. The SG-1 gate comes a close second. Atlantis’s Vegas design, while certainly nice, doesn’t really compare.

Belouchi writes: “Can you please tell us when are we going to be able to see the Destiny Space ship pictures or concept arts and if you are going to post them on your blog?”

Answer: I’m sitting on an insane amount of pics (behind the scene shots of the sets in various stages of construction, the actors in character and out, art department designs, props, etc.) but, for now, the studio wants to continue to keep things under wraps.

Wm writes: “ Just read on GW that RDA is guesting on Universe. Any chance for a couple of pics? Any more info you can share?”

Answer: Sorry, no pics. See above. However, I can say it was terrific having Rick back. He’s just a good-natured, easy-going guy. A lot of fun to be around. When I told him we had added a French bulldog to the brood since last we spoke, his reaction wasn’t the usual “Are you crazy?!” but a grin and a “Bless your heart.”

Juralas writes: “Is Ivon Bartok directing “Water”?”

Answer: No. Ivon is directing the kino scenes.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ce-and-comics/

Comment

SGU / Sanctuary - SciFi.com: Video: SCI FI 2009-2010:

With many thanks to RealmOfOx at GateWorld Forums for the heads up:

At SciFi.com:

SCI FI 2009-2010

SCI FI Brand Films

Imagine Greater. Check out what's coming up on SCI FI in 2009-2010

~~**~~**

Includes BRIEF clips from Stargate Universe (that haven't been shown previously), Sanctuary, Eureka, Caprica, Warehouse 13, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Destination Truth, WCG Ultimate Gamer, Estate of Panic, and Relic Quest, plus new movie event, Alice.

I think there's another clip of Brian J. Smith in the video, but I wasn't too sure...
                          Last edited by morjana; 05 April 2009, 01:30 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

There were a BUNCH of very short SGU clips in that!

Gonna analyze this geekily tomorrow. Must sleep now. Damn.

Comment

Ew. They're still using those crappy HD digital things, and it looks awful.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                                SGU / Sanctuary - SciFi.com: Video: SCI FI 2009-2010:

With many thanks to RealmOfOx at GateWorld Forums for the heads up:

At SciFi.com:

SCI FI 2009-2010

SCI FI Brand Films

Imagine Greater. Check out what's coming up on SCI FI in 2009-2010

~~**~~**

Includes BRIEF clips from Stargate Universe (that haven't been shown previously), Sanctuary, Eureka, Caprica, Warehouse 13, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Destination Truth, WCG Ultimate Gamer, Estate of Panic, and Relic Quest, plus new movie event, Alice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ndphillips.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ertcarlyle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1davidblue.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...selevesque.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ndphillips.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...davidblue3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ophermcdon.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...davidblue2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...rtcarlyle2.jpg

I think there's another clip of Brian J. Smith in the video, but I wasn't too sure...
                                Niiiiiiiiiiice!!! All of that was great to wake up to!!! Thanks PG15 and morjana!!! It's all very exciting!!!

Oh, and Morjana, I think your right about that clip of Brian J. Smith in that vid but its so moving its hard to make a quality cap...or at least I'm finding it difficult.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X