Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds a bit like early Sliders, only instead of going to alternate realities, they would just be going to other planets.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Well, call me crazy for counting in the public libary about five times, but I count nine chevrons on that gate. It's been awhile since I been in pre-school, though, so maybe I forgot how to count....

Oe am I just missing something here?

Comment

There are supposed to be 9...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
          its the core concept of the series: a ban of explorers is stranded very far from home... trying to get back...

gate no gate doesn't matter
          ship no ship, doesn't matter

same f'ing thing...
          Agreed. The whole people/person lost and trying to get home has been done to death in scifi. I'm hoping the TPTB can come up with something more original.

Comment

well, TPTB did revolutionize scifi and fantasy by reinterpreting ancient human mythologies.... though they've done nothing with that on Atlantis...

so who knows whats going to happen

i have faith
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I dunno the name kind of sounds like they want it to be something bigger more inclusive than SG-1 and SGA. Maybe a look at some allies or another equally advanced human culture, but it would be nice to have something new but with elements from the original like Cassie or maybe just like a good lead in from some of one the known cast. E.g RDA in SGA first episode.
              Yeahsureyoubetcha

Comment

Originally posted by kane_cam View Post
                I dunno the name kind of sounds like they want it to be something bigger more inclusive than SG-1 and SGA. Maybe a look at some allies or another equally advanced human culture, but it would be nice to have something new but with elements from the original like Cassie or maybe just like a good lead in from some of one the known cast. E.g RDA in SGA first episode.
                1. what do you mean, "more inclusive"?

and

2. another thing i'm hoping for with SGU is that it is more like SG-1 than Atlantis, that is to say, its more based in reality in terms of how it looks. i know Atlantis is an alien city... but the whole series seems alien, i don't even get the feeling that they're from earth anymore... i would like SGU to have a strong earth-based foundation, or at least closer ties to earth than Atlantis, with realistic uniforms/costumes and sets...

Oh, and green to whomever at stargate decided to make the insides of the SGC's ships look great... i noticed some of the background design resembled that of several Navy ships i've been on: the USS Ben Fold (Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer), the USS Ronald Reagan (nuclear powered Nimitz class aircraft carrier), the USS Florida (ballistic nuclear sub, yes, back when it was an SSBN (in 2000) not an SSGN yet)... what i like about SG1 more than SGA is there's more suspension of disbelief because there's much more realism to it... though that's what makes SGA SGA: it's an alien base... i get it... i just want SGU to go back to the SG1 style sets etc...

i'm out

Comment

I mean't that maybe it wouldn't jus be focused on one unit and maybe have more allies around like Teal'c is the only alien at the SGC. It would be nice to see a few more officers from other human planets who are SGC/Alpha site trained.
                  Yeahsureyoubetcha

Comment

I mean't that maybe it wouldn't jus be focused on one unit and maybe have more allies around like Teal'c is the only alien at the SGC. It would be nice to see a few more officers from other human planets who are SGC/Alpha site trained.
                    why would earth allow aliens to come and take up residence? the more aliens there are, the more people to wach, the more chances for information on earth to leak out...

bad idea.... very bad....

it was ok for teal'c to come as he was pretty much seeking asylum from apophis and the goa'uld in exchange for invaluable information on the biggest threat to earth at the time... though his was an isolated case of true loyalty... i sincerely doubt that every alien is as trustworthy as teal'c... you've seen vala... they don't let her off base unsupervised period bc she's a security threat... and you saw her father, even worse...

Comment

why would earth allow aliens to come and take up residence? the more aliens there are, the more people to wach, the more chances for information on earth to leak out...

bad idea.... very bad....

it was ok for teal'c to come as he was pretty much seeking asylum from apophis and the goa'uld in exchange for invaluable information on the biggest threat to earth at the time... though his was an isolated case of true loyalty... i sincerely doubt that every alien is as trustworthy as teal'c... you've seen vala... they don't let her off base unsupervised period bc she's a security threat... and you saw her father, even worse...
                      Yeah true I guess. But then she is extremly funny. It'd be nice to see more of the alpha site tho.
                      Yeahsureyoubetcha

Comment

Yeah true I guess. But then she is extremly funny. It'd be nice to see more of the alpha site tho.
                        nah, the alpha site would be lame... sure maybe some alien artifacts too dangerous or unpredictable to bring back to area 51 would maybe be there... but otherwise it would be a slimmed down version of the SGC...

well we settled atlantis like hermit crabs: we found a new shell and crawled in.... there is the possibility of creating another Tau'ri base of operations elsewhere in the galaxy or universe (if we have the ZPMs to power the gates)... but this time establish it from the ground up... find a supposedly empty planet with a gate, gate in, clear out a lot of land, burrow into a mountain, and establish a new base... one the size of the SGC... and start expanding on the planet turning it into Earth 2... and go from there

in other words, we start colonizing, taking the next step towards becoming the 5th race...

Comment

nah, the alpha site would be lame... sure maybe some alien artifacts too dangerous or unpredictable to bring back to area 51 would maybe be there... but otherwise it would be a slimmed down version of the SGC...

well we settled atlantis like hermit crabs: we found a new shell and crawled in.... there is the possibility of creating another Tau'ri base of operations elsewhere in the galaxy or universe (if we have the ZPMs to power the gates)... but this time establish it from the ground up... find a supposedly empty planet with a gate, gate in, clear out a lot of land, burrow into a mountain, and establish a new base... one the size of the SGC... and start expanding on the planet turning it into Earth 2... and go from there

in other words, we start colonizing, taking the next step towards becoming the 5th race...
                          Hmm not bad. But I think the fifth race thing was more about how the human culture evolves but colonising is a good start.
                          Yeahsureyoubetcha

Comment

Hmm not bad. But I think the fifth race thing was more about how the human culture evolves but colonising is a good start.
                            ah, but colonization can help/increase evolution of a race...

colonization on earth has led to incredible discoveries and fostered unique philosophies which have helped us evolve as a race...

trade connections with asia enabled the western art of warfare to evolve and become more violent
                            colonization of america resulted in democracy and a vast expansion in human rights

etc

Comment

ah, but colonization can help/increase evolution of a race...

colonization on earth has led to incredible discoveries and fostered unique philosophies which have helped us evolve as a race...

trade connections with asia enabled the western art of warfare to evolve and become more violent
                              colonization of america resulted in democracy and a vast expansion in human rights

etc
                              it also increases potential population and therefore after a while increased diversity, which is important for cultural evolution.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                                it also increases potential population and therefore after a while increased diversity, which is important for cultural evolution.
                                This all has to do with gene pools and stuff like that right?
                                Yeahsureyoubetcha

Comment

Working...
                                X