Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
    does it not then become a multi-verse ? you cannot have 2 UNIverses

No it doesn't, at least in scientific jargon.. What I wrote was based on a scientific american article I had read a while back (I had posted a link too)..
    Of course SGU as sci-fi might not stick to this at all..
    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
    sigpic
    My fics at my site
    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

ja, i'm familiar with the scientific community referring to a Multiverse as a semblance of universes...

but that just shows how poor their grammar skills are

:-P
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Unrelated to the present discussion, sorry, I have a question.

What happened to the DHD from the Arctic gate?

I did not notice it in any of the shows between when the gate was found and the SGC having to borrow the Russian DHD.

I always wondered why they didn't start using it right away. As revolutionary and wonderful as Sam's computer program was, dialing out is way quicker with a DHD, not to mention the many safety protocols built into the DHD that Sam had to circumvent to get her program to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitering View Post
          Unrelated to the present discussion, sorry, I have a question.

What happened to the DHD from the Arctic gate?

I did not notice it in any of the shows between when the gate was found and the SGC having to borrow the Russian DHD.

I always wondered why they didn't start using it right away. As revolutionary and wonderful as Sam's computer program was, dialing out is way quicker with a DHD, not to mention the many safety protocols built into the DHD that Sam had to circumvent to get her program to work.
          The Antarctic DHD ran out of power ("Frozen"). Carter used its lifetime to estimate the age of the Stargate:

The one found with the Antarctic Gate died shortly after it was brought back to Area 51. It was used a few times and then just ran out of energy. That was the first indication we had that the power sources fueling the Gate technology have a limited life span. We've run a number of tests comparing the power source to other off world DHDs. We think we now have evidence that the Gate we found down there is one of the oldest in the entire system. It could be as much as 50 million years old.

Comment

Maybe, Universe means tapping into the Stargates on the edge of the Universe-but with a large amount of energy needed. And their they start a colonizing effort, but they are completely isolated from Earth.
            http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by flameling View Post
              Maybe, Universe means tapping into the Stargates on the edge of the Universe-but with a large amount of energy needed. And their they start a colonizing effort, but they are completely isolated from Earth.

I like that idea. I'd quite like to see the Super Stargates brought into that idea somehow. Maybe a non-hyperdrive ship commanded by an USAF / SGC crew makes a trip through the 9th-chevron driven Super Stargate and it all goes wrong with them stranded in another part of the universe, millions of light years from Earth. Because of the limits of their ship, the USAF / SGC crew have to land somewhere. They discover a planet with a Stargate and have no choice but to set up a colony there.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                ja, i'm familiar with the scientific community referring to a Multiverse as a semblance of universes...

but that just shows how poor their grammar skills are

:-P

Actually, this isn't the case. I read the article he's talking about, it was either in Scientific American or Science Weekly or something, but it also went with different definitions of "universe". On one hand, it could mean everything, infinitely in every direction. In that case, a parallel universe would be in another reality. But, what if all matter in space ends, and you have a nearly-endless gap of nothingness in space before another giant collection of galaxies and such begins again? This might be considered another universe, yet it would not be parallel or alternate, just another one.

It was all theoretical anyway

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

guys we are thinking to big here maybe universe is the name of the base much like atlantis
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runnerX View Post
                    guys we are thinking to big here maybe universe is the name of the base much like atlantis
                    sure that could be.. how about a latin name though?
                    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                    sigpic
                    My fics at my site
                    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

How about Stargate Lemuria?

Lemuria was another supposed "lost continent".

Actually, I think I'd rather it not. Bring Lemuria into SGA as another city ship maybe, but I hope SGU is more original than that.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                        How about Stargate Lemuria?

Lemuria was another supposed "lost continent".

Actually, I think I'd rather it not. Bring Lemuria into SGA as another city ship maybe, but I hope SGU is more original than that.
                        Stargate Universum?
                        sigpic
                        My fics at my site

Comment

i want to see Shangri'la brought into the fold, maybe as the name of the Ancient's current place of ascended residence... and that it has led to their disillusionment after millions of years and thus their refusal (as of right now, not knowing what will happen in Ark of Truth) to help us against the ori
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Maybe one of the two movies will lead up to Stargate Universe? Is that possible? What do you think?
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis View Post
                              Maybe one of the two movies will lead up to Stargate Universe? Is that possible? What do you think?
                              I doubt it
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis View Post
                                I don't think so since they say it will be a complete third entity not a spin-off of SG-1 or Atlantis.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X