Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    He's the least moral person on Destiny.
    I'm not getting involved in this debate again. It has no conclusion.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
      I wouldn't say that. He just has more "goals" and a purpose then anyone else on the ship.
      You do realise we're talking about Young here. He has one goal and purpose and that's to get home. One isn't more than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I'm not getting involved in this debate again. It has no conclusion.
        Then don't start the debate.

Comment

I didn't. It was a joke to PA.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
            Seriously! What did you like about it that you didn't.

I feel that way a lot about shows. First I think they're only ok shows or episodes, then when I look back on it their great. (Firefly, SGU Darkness, Life, Human).
            I was talking about Defying Gravity. I'm not sure if that's clear from the post I quoted. I never saw Firefly when it originally aired, but I loved it from the first time I saw it.

Defying Gravity, on the other hand, had a ton of potential but moved sloooooowww. Part of it is probably because they never got to actually finish any of the storylines, but mostly it's because they tried to drag everything out.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

May I borrow this post the next time you make a crack about Young?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                May I borrow this post the next time you make a crack about Young?
                It's notable that Young fans are allowed to say whatever you like about Rush but the opposite isn't.

Comment

Clearly they are "allowed", since I was opposing you in much the same way you opposed jel. Everyone's allowed to say whatever the crap they want (as long as they abide by the rules, natch), but that doesn't mean there won't be blowback.

Looks, it's very simple. When Young fans diss Rush, Rush fans, uh, rush in to defend Rush. When Rush fans diss Young, Young fans young in rush in to defend Young. This is basically what "the debate" is. It's not about the show; it's not about the characters; it's not about the plot points; it's everything to do with being defensive regarding either Young or Rush whenever their good names are sullied by the "other side". This kind of crap happens in every fandom, where a clear bifurcation of the fans is created because of some issue that is blown up to be bigger than it really is. Frankly, I'm just glad to see that it's not about shipping this time.

Basically, neither side is the victim, and neither side should pretend to be such.
                  Last edited by PG15; 25 July 2010, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Then, if the issue is bigger than it really is, why do you get all screachy about Young being critiqued?

Comment

Because I'm a part of that division, just as you are, except we're on opposing sides. I am defensive regarding Young; I know I am; but I can't help it because that's a part of being a fan of a character. Just because I recognize that it's all a bit ridiculous and blown out of proportions doesn't mean I'd stop doing it.

But like I said, the point is that both sides contribute to this, and neither are victims.

Comment

Neither have anything on TJ. Debate over.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

So, If T.J. does have her baby... does that make her the first human from earth to have a child off the planet?

I can't think of anyone else in the series from earth who had a child off the planet.

Interesting little fact if so.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            and being moral for a change.
                            I think it was more about he'd just been through with his wife, had the episode happened before Human I think he'd have smashed the granny out of her.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Because I'm a part of that division, just as you are, except we're on opposing sides. I am defensive regarding Young; I know I am; but I can't help it because that's a part of being a fan of a character. Just because I recognize that it's all a bit ridiculous and blown out of proportions doesn't mean I'd stop doing it.

But like I said, the point is that both sides contribute to this, and neither are victims.
                              Honey, I seriously doubt that you've been personally flamed for being a Young fan nor I think do Rush fans go squealing to the mods whenever people start laying into him. I have said this to you before: I know Rush fans who won't even come to GW.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                I think it was more about he'd just been through with his wife, had the episode happened before Human I think he'd have smashed the granny out of her.
                                Thats an interesting insight. You have a point and I hadn't thought of.
                                Honey, I seriously doubt that you've been personally flamed for being a Young fan nor I think do Rush fans go squealing to the mods whenever people start laying into him. I have said this to you before: I know Rush fans who won't even come to GW.
                                The same could be said about Young fans, Chloe fans, Greer fans, shipping fans and every group out there. Thier are tons who can't deal with the hostile nature GW breeds sometimes
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X