Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids

The topic is SGU general discussion. and yes, into any conversation some chitchat falls, but not DOZENS of posts of it. Y'all want to that far off topic, head off to the OT thread please.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I got my Complete Season 1 DVD boxset of SGU last Saturday and boy what an eye opener it was on Louis Ferreira! I know his co-stars said that he is absolutely nothing like Colonel Young but I just thought it was actors discretion...but in his interviews and the episode commentaries I've found him a joy to watch and listen to! He comes across as a really nice and funny guy!

One thing I wasn't expecting to see on this boxset was an interview with Richard Dean Anderson. That was a wonderful surprise. Always good to see him. I can just imagine a lot of laughs whilst he and Louis Ferreira were on-set.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I got my Complete Season 1 DVD boxset of SGU last Saturday and boy what an eye opener it was on Louis Ferreira! I know his co-stars said that he is absolutely nothing like Colonel Young but I just thought it was actors discretion...but in his interviews and the episode commentaries I've found him a joy to watch and listen to! He comes across as a really nice and funny guy!

One thing I wasn't expecting to see on this boxset was an interview with Richard Dean Anderson. That was a wonderful surprise. Always good to see him. I can just imagine a lot of laughs whilst he and Louis Ferreira were on-set.
        The complete season is out already? Its not just 1.5?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          The complete season is out already? Its not just 1.5?
          Here in the UK we got the whole season.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Here in the UK we got the whole season.
            Uggg...you're lucky! I hate this season 1.0 and 1.5 crud. Its bad because the half seasons cost almost as much as the whole season. Just gotta love money making ploys!
            sigpic

Comment

Uggg...you're lucky! I hate this season 1.0 and 1.5 crud. Its bad because the half seasons cost almost as much as the whole season. Just gotta love money making ploys!
              No arguments here. The companies should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

It's kind of new, I think. The first show I know did it was BSG season 4
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post

It's kind of new, I think. The first show I know did it was BSG season 4
                  That was right about the time the economy started to tank, and DVD sales started to decline. So some marketing genius somewhere thought the perfect answer was to divide up a season, and make consumers pay twice as much as they used to for a complete season. And they say there aren't any philanthropists left in the world anymore.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I wish the ratings thread were still active, not sure where to put this?
                    But Warehouse 13 did really well in the ratings last night:
                    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/07...-of-2010/56314
                    So perhaps this shows there are good numbers of sci-fi (syfy?) fans out there watching on Tuesday nights. If people get in the habit of tuning in to the channel each Tuesday maybe it can carry over to SGU in the fall?

Comment

Thanks dude, you have just caused that I'm going to order it asap

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

Still nothing beyond the extended premier available in Down Under
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by TENTHIUS View Post
                          Thanks dude, you have just caused that I'm going to order it asap
                          Your very welcome. Glad to be of service.

Comment

That is why I love my DVD Recorder. At least I have the episodes in some form. And if I ever find the DVD sets for a good enough price, I will purchase them.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              That is why I love my DVD Recorder. At least I have the episodes in some form. And if I ever find the DVD sets for a good enough price, I will purchase them.
                              I need to invest in one of those.
                              sigpic

Comment

I need to invest in one of those.
                                cheaper than buying the DVDs I bet! Cheaper than buying a LOT of dvds in reality!
                                All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X