Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape had a very good balance between Action/Adventure and Character drama.
    Oh yeah. It was also fweakin' insane, and probably my favourite sci-fi show of all time.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

(Oh, and anyone looking for season two spoilers? We were on set all day and didn’t learn a thing. It’s extra super-special Top Secret, guys!)

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/07/05/excl...views-day-one/

Oh really? Hmm.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        Oh yeah. It was also fweakin' insane, and probably my favourite sci-fi show of all time.
        My top 5 favorite SyFy/SciFi shows go like this..

SG-1
        SGA
        Farscape
        BSG
        Eureka

So yeah, I loved Farscape. Need to do a rewatch soon.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Best way to spend 88 episode and one miniseries worth of time I can think of.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

SG-1
            SGA
            Farscape
            BSG
            Eureka

I never really took a shine to Farscape so it wouldn't be on my list. It would instead look something like this.

Battlestar Galactica
            Stargate SG-1
            Stargate Universe
            Eureka

And sorry Atlantis, one season of brilliance does not make up for 4 seasons of err.... not-so-brilliant stuff to put it nicely. Thus, I replace you with:
            Shared 5th place: First Wave & Caprica
            sigpic

Comment

SG-1
              SGA
              Farscape
              BSG
              Eureka

You put SG-1 in front of SGA and didn't even include 24.

Mine would be:

Stargate Atlantis
              Stargate Universe (pretty much tie with SGA)
              Stargate SG-1
              Flash Forward
              Firefly
              Warehouse 13
              Eureka
              The Good Guys
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                You put SG-1 in front of SGA and didn't even include 24.

Mine would be:

Stargate Atlantis
                Stargate Universe (pretty much tie with SGA)
                Stargate SG-1
                Flash Forward
                Firefly
                Warehouse 13
                Eureka
                The Good Guys
                Dude, SG-1 is the king of SyFy series to me. I did not include 24 or even Family Guy because was talking strictly SyFy series. To get back on topic, SGU needs to step it up inorder to fall into my Top 5. I could see it very well knocking Eureka to 6th place. If what I'm hearing about Season 2 so far lives up to the hype, it could very well do so.
                sigpic

Comment

Dude, SG-1 is the king of SyFy series to me. I did not include 24 or even Family Guy because was talking strictly SyFy series. To get back on topic, SGU needs to step it up inorder to fall into my Top 5. I could see it very well knocking Eureka to 6th place. If what I'm hearing about Season 2 so far lives up to the hype, it could very well do so.
                  Oh we were talking about syfy series.. I thought you meant sci fi series.. that makes sense.. and I agree, if SGU lives up to the hype for season 2.. it might break the tiebreaker for SGA for 1st place... though i haven't seen BSG yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh we were talking about syfy series.. I thought you meant sci fi series.. that makes sense.. and I agree, if SGU lives up to the hype for season 2.. it might break the tiebreaker for SGA for 1st place... though i haven't seen BSG yet.
                    Sadly...I hated BSG...and SGU is too similar to BSG (IMHO). SGU has been a hard sell to me. No show will take out SG1 (IMHO).
                    sigpic

Comment

It's going to need 2 solid seasons from me after the first one to make it past some of those other shows. I could see it slipping past BSG, but SG-1, SGA, and Farscape were shows that you just got a wow feeling after watching them.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's going to need 2 solid seasons from me after the first one to make it past some of those other shows. I could see it slipping past BSG, but SG-1, SGA, and Farscape were shows that you just got a wow feeling after watching them.
                        Is farscape really that good? I haven't seen it yet?

Hmmm, ive always been afraid to watch BSG cause it might overshadow SGU, but if you think SGU can surpass it, i might watch it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, ive always been afraid to watch BSG cause it might overshadow SGU, but if you think SGU can surpass it, i might watch it.
                          Honestly...I would say SGU has already surpassed BSG. Like I said...I hated BSG...and even though SGU has tones of BSG...I'm still watching SGU. I couldn't make it through the 1st season of BSG.
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree. Wow can be of amazing or disgust
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Farscape is awesome incarnate. Just imagine four seasons of crazed indy ploys, characters of a morally dubious but totally awesome nature, excessive oddness and humour, Muppets, action-adventure battles, shift blowing up, an angsty romance or two, SCORPIUS... The first part of the first season might throw you a bit, but it gets better to a point where the GODS THEMSELVES WILL PAY ATTENTION.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                                Farscape is awesome incarnate. Just imagine four seasons of crazed indy ploys, characters of a morally dubious but totally awesome nature, excessive oddness and humour, Muppets, action-adventure battles, shift blowing up, an angsty romance or two, SCORPIUS... The first part of the first season might throw you a bit, but it gets better to a point where the GODS THEMSELVES WILL PAY ATTENTION.
                                SOO.... Guess i know where you stand in regards to farscape now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X