Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
    It may not be the final title. May. They've never said that it absolutely wouldn't be the title, and they've never said it absolutely will.

Pisano, you're developing a penchant for taking comments from TPTB to the extreme.

better than than continually suggesting that an SG team be stranded/lost and trying to get home...
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I think they should bring Roland Emmerich in as head writer for the pilot episode of SGU... and make it a 2 hour ep...

Comment

They've been pitching it for 2 weeks now. What's the scoop?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
          TPTB have confirmed the following:

2. The 9th chevron will NOT send us to alternate realities, alternate universes, alternate multiverses, alternate dimenaions, parallel realities, parallel universes, parallel multiverses, or parallel dimensions.
          You still didn't post any actual interview or info about point 2...
          so I still think it's about alternate universes and not a faraway galaxy (we've already got that so having another galaxy is just boring).
          http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
          sigpic
          My fics at my site
          Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

I hope it something totaly different to renew the life of scifi which has begun to drain in the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
              You still didn't post any actual interview or info about point 2...
              so I still think it's about alternate universes and not a faraway galaxy (we've already got that so having another galaxy is just boring).
              i know what i read... and i don't have the time to sit here and dig through website after website to find the interview... esp when the concept of SGU dealing entirely, every episode, with alternate universes is quite honestly ridiculous for stargate... esp since Sliders does it already

Comment

i know what i read... and i don't have the time to sit here and dig through website after website to find the interview... esp when the concept of SGU dealing entirely, every episode, with alternate universes is quite honestly ridiculous for stargate... esp since Sliders does it already
                Sliders was about 4 people going randomly from alternate universe to alternate universe every episode, hoping to finally find their way back home. They are plenty of other possibilities for a series based on alternate universes that would be different than this. For example, it could be about gating to one specific alternate universe. Or, a team could deliberately gate to a different universe every mission to explore. Since the gate would allow them to go back and forth between the two universes, this would be more like Stargate SG1 than like Sliders. Except that the possibilities of what they find there could be much more fantastic than what they find when gating around the Milky Way in our universe. I think it would be a great idea, and would be much , much more than just a Sliders clone.

Comment

I don't think it would be a ridiculous idea. We're talking sci-fi after all. People can say going through a portal to some other part of the universe is ridiculous too.

Sliders is no more btw..
                  http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                  sigpic
                  My fics at my site
                  Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                    Sliders was about 4 people going randomly from alternate universe to alternate universe every episode, hoping to finally find their way back home. They are plenty of other possibilities for a series based on alternate universes that would be different than this. For example, it could be about gating to one specific alternate universe. Or, a team could deliberately gate to a different universe every mission to explore. Since the gate would allow them to go back and forth between the two universes, this would be more like Stargate SG1 than like Sliders. Except that the possibilities of what they find there could be much more fantastic than what they find when gating around the Milky Way in our universe. I think it would be a great idea, and would be much , much more than just a Sliders clone.
                    My sentiments precisely.

Another idea is to make the show a bit more mainstream in approach, with more character based stories. We've had those in Sg-1's run but perhaps it could be given some more emphasis...
                    sigpic
                    My fics at my site

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis View Post
                      How than do you explain the following. In the episode the fifth race an Asgard told O'Neill about the 4 great races that formed an alliance. The Asgard knew the Ancients. In that scene the asgard said : Understand this. Once there was an alliance between 4 races The Asgard, The Nox (O'Neill : met them), The Furlings (O'Neill : don't know them) and the Ancients - the builders of the stargates.
                      O'Neill : It is a pretty heavy group

The Asgard knew the Ancients and they refer the Ancients as the builders of the stargates. I think it is a fact that there are no other people that build the stargates. Of course other races use those stargates like the goau'ld and we do.
                      I am not doubting that they built the gates. I am doubting that they were the only ones. I mean, come on.....Rome was the road builders....but we do it now with ease. Just because they were the first, just because they built the gates, doesn't mean they were the only ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                        I am not doubting that they built the gates. I am doubting that they were the only ones. I mean, come on.....Rome was the road builders....but we do it now with ease. Just because they were the first, just because they built the gates, doesn't mean they were the only ones.
                        Yeah the Asurans did it and really reeked havoc on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by lostincyberspace View Post
                          Yeah the Asurans did it and really reeked havoc on Atlantis.
                          Did what? Make gates...lol, I didn't even know.

Comment

I think they should bring Roland Emmerich in as head writer for the pilot episode of SGU... and make it a 2 hour ep...
                            I'd be for that, except I'm pretty sure both he and Devlin are bitter over losing control of Stargate. That'd be a neat event though.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                              I'd be for that, except I'm pretty sure both he and Devlin are bitter over losing control of Stargate. That'd be a neat event though.
                              For the reason you mentioned, I don't think they should be invited. The current franchise has diverged quite a bit and I'm sure we won't have stuff like zat-guns in the new show for that reason....
                              sigpic
                              My fics at my site

Comment

I dont know if you guys have read it but there was something in one of the interviews with one of the writers that was about how they bring carson back he said they left clues in sunday and he also said that no one had gessed so here is my guess.I think that carson acended. I think this because in he last scene of sunday you see mckay talking to carson and carson is dressed in the same cloths that daniel jackson wore when he was acended.(you know the one where jack o'neil was captured by baal and daniel was trying to help him acend so he could escape)let me know what you think of my idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X