Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subjective views follow:

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the SGU characters more than the SGA ones. Besides John and Rodney I never really cared for the others but I actually enjoy watching everyone here. I can tell that's not the popular view though.

I'd quite like John Sheppard to appear on SGU, his character seems like a good fit for a crossover. It's always quite cool to see the new characters interacting with the old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Yeah all 3 shows saw negativity, but with SGU it has been the worse.
      But as has been stated before, it's fairly obvious that that is down to the fact the show is different. A lot of the complainers are not basing their opinion on the show's merits, but on the fact that it is a departure from the styles shared by SG1 and SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        But as has been stated before, it's fairly obvious that that is down to the fact the show is different. A lot of the complainers are not basing their opinion on the show's merits, but on the fact that it is a departure from the styles shared by SG1 and SGA.
        They took a risk with the show. They probably expected this was going to happen, or maybe they are running around behind Bridge Studios door in a panic. lol. I dunno.
        sigpic

Comment

This is actually very true. I really do enjoy actually discussing with people who have dissenting views, and learning more about why they feel that way and how they'd like it to change. However, a lot of the time it is simply "This just sucks and should be canceled", and then they wonder why people get upset.

Give us something to actually discuss, rather than inflammatory trolling.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
            This is actually very true. I really do enjoy actually discussing with people who have dissenting views, and learning more about why they feel that way and how they'd like it to change. However, a lot of the time it is simply "This just sucks and should be canceled", and then they wonder why people get upset.

Give us something to actually discuss, rather than inflammatory trolling.
            I've actually come to enjoy the conversations I've had with people who don't like the show but can actually discuss why. We don;t agree of course but that's not the same thing.
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              If you live in certain areas of the country some people are popping out kids at 14 years old, so they know what sex is, lol. Times have changed, and the network is getting away with things that would of gotten them fined by the FCC if it was 10 to 15 years ago. Look at one of my favorite shows, Family Guy. What they do on that show is amazing how it gets aired.
              Im talking about really young like 9-11. JM said it would be fine for 11(maybe even younger). Also its not that they dont know how, its just that they don't fully understand it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                Subjective views follow:

I'm probably in the minority but I actually like the SGU characters more than the SGA ones. Besides John and Rodney I never really cared for the others but I actually enjoy watching everyone here. I can tell that's not the popular view though.

I'd quite like John Sheppard to appear on SGU, his character seems like a good fit for a crossover. It's always quite cool to see the new characters interacting with the old ones.
                I actually have a fic planned about Sheppard swapping over with Young ...

Also the fact that SGU exists at all and SGA/SG-1 does not. I'm betting had there been another season of SGA and the SG-1 movies continued, most of the disgruntled would be loving SGU. They'll deny it, of course.

Comment

a friend of mine told me there is already a leaked episode of Incursion Part 2 on youtube but it's in Russian but you can hear English as well xD! How did Ukraine get it before ScyFy channel?
                  Last edited by Chevron Atlantis; 17 May 2010, 02:26 AM.

Comment

No one knows how they got it, or why, but one thing we do know, talking about the plot of these episodes here, as well as giving any download links is strictly forbidden. Anyone that does so will get gagged and banned from the forum for a minimum time of until after the finale airs, to a max time of forever.

so....move on please.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      No one knows how they got it, or why, but one thing we do know, talking about the plot of these episodes here, as well as giving any download links is strictly forbidden. Anyone that does so will get gagged and banned from the forum for a minimum time of until after the finale airs, to a max time of forever.

so....move on please.
                      Don't worry I know the rules that's why I didn't post it here because I don't want get banned. Anyway back to the topic.

this week's episode looked pretty good.

Comment

Nekomajin also writes: “And finally, is there going to be a Q&A with David Blue?”

Answer: He did one last year: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...rse-premieres/. And hopefully he’ll be by to do another one soon.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...l-do-not-read/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I guess I'm officially out of SGU.
                          I've taken it off my DVR and I'll be doing something more productive like...working out or reading.
                          I think best way to some up SGU is..."AVERAGE"
                          There was a great lack of cohesion and fascination for me.

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
                          ~Eleanor Roosevelt

SGU has avoid intellectual discussion at nearly all cost, seeking to be less technical and dynamic. There is no philosophical aspect to the show which while I dislike at least we bring up intriguing questions and aspects. The events have had little fun and adventure and I have to say I miss that. The show just isn't stargate to me.

The show seems designed to discuss the the people at such a length that it's almost morbid.
                          I hope it improves more than it has in the seasons to come but for I'm another viewer to bit the dust.
                          I just can't gather the strength to care about Universe any longer.

Farewell,

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post

Also I think it's dumb that JM said SGU is family friendly and then they brag about how eye clawing the sex scenes will be.

It's not a family friendly show. . . for those families who prefer to see nothing but squeaky clean television.

Times have changed and what is and isn't allowed on television nowadays has changed with it.

The sex scenes in SGU annoy me for the obvious reason that they're there to get ratings. But that's me. Lots of people love them.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              It's not a family friendly show. . . for those families who prefer to see nothing but squeaky clean television.

Times have changed and what is and isn't allowed on television nowadays has changed with it.

The sex scenes in SGU annoy me for the obvious reason that they're there to get ratings. But that's me. Lots of people love them.
                              Really? I wouldn't say it was obvious at all. I'd say it was to set a more adult tone. A lot of people thought the lesbian thing was to grab ratings, but they've played that pretty well and it doesn't come off as a ratings-grab to me. I'll tell you what I think the biggest ratings grab is after Subversion airs.

Comment

Really? I wouldn't say it was obvious at all. I'd say it was to set a more adult tone. A lot of people thought the lesbian thing was to grab ratings, but they've played that pretty well and it doesn't come off as a ratings-grab to me. I'll tell you what I think the biggest ratings grab is after Subversion airs.

Is Subversion the next one? If so, well, that's easy . . . RDA and Shanks casting . . .

I watched the entire season of the short-lived 'Defying Gravity' this weekend and was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. I could easily compare it to SGU and SGU would come out severely lacking.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X