Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    HAHA.

Thats not at all what I meant.

It really doesn't matter to me the persons sexual orientation. I should have just said getting intimate in other peoples bodies. When I reference homosexuals I was more talking about the political issues like.. Is it ok for a gay lady to maybe get intimate with her partner in a heterosexuals body on earth or visa versa. I wasnt trying to single homosexuality out.
    gotta ask but why does the fact that it's a homosexual couple make it a political issue?
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

HAHA.

Thats not at all what I meant.

It really doesn't matter to me the persons sexual orientation. I should have just said getting intimate in other peoples bodies. When I reference homosexuals I was more talking about the political issues like.. Is it ok for a gay lady to maybe get intimate with her partner in a heterosexuals body on earth or visa versa. I wasnt trying to single homosexuality out.
      It may not be what you meant, but its how it came across to me. I don't see how being gay is a political issue. And there is a thread about body swapping into a person's body of a different sexual orientation. We've pretty much debated out this issue in that thread. I'll see if I can find it and edit this post a bit later.

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      gotta ask but why does the fact that it's a homosexual couple make it a political issue?

Here's the link I promised to the thread discussing the body swapping issue
      Last edited by LtColCarter; 14 May 2010, 05:32 PM. Reason: Added link
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        It may not be what you meant, but its how it came across to me. I don't see how being gay is a political issue. And there is a thread about body swapping into a person's body of a different sexual orientation. We've pretty much debated out this issue in that thread. I'll see if I can find it and edit this post a bit later.

Here's the link I promised to the thread discussing the body swapping issue
        True political is the wrong word. my bad. And it's not about being gay, it's about doing intimate things in the body of someone with a different sexual orientation.

So what did you guys think of the scene in pain. It didn't bother me too much because pain was such an awesome episode. However, it was unnessecarly graphic.

Also I think it's dumb that JM said SGU is family friendly and then they brag about how eye clawing the sex scenes will be.
        sigpic

Comment

True political is the wrong word. my bad. And it's not about being gay, it's about doing intimate things in the body of someone with a different sexual orientation.

So what did you guys think of the scene in pain. It didn't bother me too much because pain was such an awesome episode. However, it was unnessecarly graphic.

Also I think it's dumb that JM said SGU is family friendly and then they brag about how eye clawing the sex scenes will be.
          A back and some arms, that's really as graphic as it got
          I guess I don't really see the big deal?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
            A back and some arms, that's really as graphic as it got
            I guess I don't really see the big deal?
            I didn't see the big deal either. I have seen a lot worse than that on TV before.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If you live in certain areas of the country some people are popping out kids at 14 years old, so they know what sex is, lol. Times have changed, and the network is getting away with things that would of gotten them fined by the FCC if it was 10 to 15 years ago. Look at one of my favorite shows, Family Guy. What they do on that show is amazing how it gets aired.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                If you live in certain areas of the country some people are popping out kids at 14 years old, so they know what sex is, lol. Times have changed, and the network is getting away with things that would of gotten them fined by the FCC if it was 10 to 15 years ago. Look at one of my favorite shows, Family Guy. What they do on that show is amazing how it gets aired.
                Lol, I think it's hilarious all of the pot-shots they take at FOX in their own episodes and it still gets aired. Guess FOX learned after cancelling it TWICE only to have to bring it back.
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  Lol, I think it's hilarious all of the pot-shots they take at FOX in their own episodes and it still gets aired. Guess FOX learned after cancelling it TWICE only to have to bring it back.
                  Family Guy had the highest ratings for like the entire weekend in the 18 to 49 demo compared to all the other network shows. So Fox will take the abuse, lol. Sunday's episode was one of the best in a long time. Quagmire's Dad. lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Family Guy had the highest ratings for like the entire weekend in the 18 to 49 demo. So Fox will take the abuse, lol. Sunday's episode was one of the best in a long time. Quagmire's Dad. lol.
                    Haha yes. Family Guy always entertains. I really love that show.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Kevin writes: “(1) The Senator’s death is known about on Earth. Did they just explain it away as a private plane crash or something to that effect? And if so, what was Chloe’s disposition? She obviously is missing as well.

(2) Which then brings a bigger question. Over the run of SG1, SGA, and now SGU, there have been ‘alot’ of deaths of Earth people. When you start adding them up, it easily adds up to the thousands. There are also ‘alot’ of people involved or who have knowledge of the Stargate program. Is there any plans for a big reveal of the program?”

1) I’m not sure what the official cover story was but, yes, something along those lines – possibly a heart attack followed by a closed casket funeral. As for Chloe – she’s probably attending a school out of state.

2) Depends who’s doing the planning.

Rex Carter writes: “Hi Joe this may sound like a stupid question but do you know if Stargate Universe will be picked up for syndication this fall on local tv stations to replace Stargate Atlantis?”

Answer: Sorry, Rex. No idea.

Ludo writes: “Do you look for new actors for the SGU season to come?”

Answer: We do cast locally. Each audition is script-dependent of course.

lkk222 writes: “@joe please kill someone important, pretty please?”

Answer: Hmmmmmm.

Major D. Davis writes: “Ive really been enjoying the Kino scenes, especially the most recent ones, will you guys be producing more kino scenes for season 2?”

Answer: Doesn’t look like it.

Erin Elizabeth writes: “The fact that the fans actually went through the trouble to make a site dedicated to allowing fans to speak their minds on this topic speaks volumes.”

Answer: Yeah, I think it speaks volumes about the people who spend the greater part of their existence endlessly wringing their hands and stomping their feet over a show they claim to hate and don’t watch anymore. When I first heard about it, I simply shrugged and thought “Hey, kids will be kids.” And then I learned that the organizers WEREN’T kids but (presumably functioning) adults. Holy crap! That’s both scary, sad, AND a little funny. I would think said “adults” could direct their effort to more constructive pursuits like getting cereal pitchman Sugar Bear his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame or organizing a nationwide boycott of tomatillos just for the hell of it. Oh, and I’ll respectfully call bull**** on your “site dedicated to allowing fans to speak their minds”. I’d add “so long as their opinion parrot that of the site’s organizers.” Hoowee! A Japanese word comes to mind. Hikikomori. Look it up.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ation-mailbag/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        lkk222 writes: “@joe please kill someone important, pretty please?”

Answer: Hmmmmmm.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ation-mailbag/
                        Such a tease.
                        sigpic

Comment

"The fact that the fans actually went through the trouble to make a site dedicated to allowing fans to speak their minds on this topic speaks volumes.”

Do people not realise the difference between not liking something and a hate campaign.

Comment

Family Guy had the highest ratings for like the entire weekend in the 18 to 49 demo compared to all the other network shows. So Fox will take the abuse, lol. Sunday's episode was one of the best in a long time. Quagmire's Dad. lol.
                            I was shocked that the episode that did get pulled was about abortion Everything else is ok, but that was one step too far? Really? Reminds me of how Isaac Hayes was when South Park mocked one of his beliefs. I understand that in the US the far right-wing are anti-abortion, so it kind of makes sense, but I was still surprised.

I agree though, compared to the stuff Family Guy get's away with, SGU is a saint's show

Comment

Erin Elizabeth writes: “The fact that the fans actually went through the trouble to make a site dedicated to allowing fans to speak their minds on this topic speaks volumes.”

Answer: Yeah, I think it speaks volumes about the people who spend the greater part of their existence endlessly wringing their hands and stomping their feet over a show they claim to hate and don’t watch anymore. When I first heard about it, I simply shrugged and thought “Hey, kids will be kids.” And then I learned that the organizers WEREN’T kids but (presumably functioning) adults. Holy crap! That’s both scary, sad, AND a little funny. I would think said “adults” could direct their effort to more constructive pursuits like getting cereal pitchman Sugar Bear his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame or organizing a nationwide boycott of tomatillos just for the hell of it. Oh, and I’ll respectfully call bull**** on your “site dedicated to allowing fans to speak their minds”. I’d add “so long as their opinion parrot that of the site’s organizers.” Hoowee! A Japanese word comes to mind. Hikikomori. Look it up.
                              JM, I think I love you, man! First green of the day and I can't even green you personally...it's the thought that counts, right?
                              Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                              "The fact that the fans actually went through the trouble to make a site dedicated to allowing fans to speak their minds on this topic speaks volumes.”

Do people not realise the difference between not liking something and a hate campaign.
                              Some people don't, no
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post

Yeah all 3 shows saw negativity, but with SGU it has been the worse.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X