Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
    uhm, duh, because they were created for and originated in the SG1 series, and to bring them into SGU would create a connection to the stories and history of SG1, which is what they're trying to avoid...
    They are mythical, better leave them like that...
    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
    sigpic
    My fics at my site
    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
      They are mythical, better leave them like that...
      yeah well, i was trying for the explanation that would receive less of a counterargument...
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

yeah well, i was trying for the explanation that would receive less of a counterargument...
        ok. As for myself I don't mind revisiting ideas like parallel universes, space stations, etc.. as long as there are interesting characters and story twists quite often....
        http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
        sigpic
        My fics at my site
        Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

uhm, duh, because they were created for and originated in the SG1 series, and to bring them into SGU would create a connection to the stories and history of SG1, which is what they're trying to avoid...
          Ok then they are not using the Stargate since it will tie back to sg1. Also they wont have humans since it ties in with both sg1 and sga.

Of course it could happen though. We don't know enough yet to say anything wont be in it.

Comment

In that case they won't even have a stargate in the show

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz View Post
              In that case they won't even have a stargate in the show

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Well in MY opinion, the title, along with the ninth chevron... gave the general plot away.

Spoiler:
                They use the ninth cheveron to go to alternate "universes."

But that's just what I think.

Comment

It's been said over and over, but I don't think they'll do that, it would be too much like Sliders.

Comment

I think people misunderstand JM's statement about the new show being a separate entity. It'll still be stagate, it will still use the technology, races, mayebe even characters that we have seen in the other two series. I think what he meant is that there won't be direct crossovers; at least not for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      It's been said over and over, but I don't think they'll do that, it would be too much like Sliders.
                      Were the alter-reality eps precisely or too much like Sliders?
                      I don't think they have to be..
                      sigpic
                      My fics at my site

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomGasoline View Post
                        Well in MY opinion, the title, along with the ninth chevron... gave the general plot away.

Spoiler:
                        They use the ninth cheveron to go to alternate "universes."

But that's just what I think.

but it's called Stargate: Universe! not plural... just one, singular UNIverse, not MULTIverse, or UniverseS...just Universe.

the alternate reality eps were not too much like sliders, but some were a bit, specifically the road not taken, but if it was a weekly occurence it would be very slidersish

i still hate the idea of AU's and the boring idea of "the ninth chevron just takes you a bit further than the eighth" and i'd be the happiest guy on the planet the day the last person that thinks it's to do with time travel drops into a coma.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
                          Were the alter-reality eps precisely or too much like Sliders?
                          I don't think they have to be..
                          That's not my point. Sliders was a show were a group of people traveled to alternate universes on a weekly basis, and essentially that is exactly what SGU would be, I just really don't think TPTB would do that. But it's not like I haven't been wrong before...

Comment

Sliders, before it got weird, was absolutely brilliant, though. I'm a fan of alternate realities because of it. In the early episodes where SG1 did it, they were really well done. I felt a little peevy when Atlantis did it since Rodney didn't cascade failure like Sam did (they seem to have conveniently forgot about that). But, alternate universes would bring the show back to its history roots, since they'd be perpetually trying to find out what changed in history to make each reality what it was.
                            sigpic

Comment

The cascade failure was explained, something to do with the proximity of the AU's or something...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                That's not my point. Sliders was a show were a group of people traveled to alternate universes on a weekly basis, and essentially that is exactly what SGU would be, I just really don't think TPTB would do that. But it's not like I haven't been wrong before...
                                Originally posted by Amalthea
                                Sliders, before it got weird, was absolutely brilliant, though.
                                At the same time I think an alternate universe show doesn't need to be that "disjointed" which may be what some fear.. there could be an underlying link or thread, perhaps a multi-universe enemy.. for an example of a really good connecting link see the "Key to Time" arc in the classic Doctor Who's, or indeed the new Dr Who's with various connections like "Bad Wolf" or the latest season with the Master....

I think it all depends on *how* it's done too.. it needs to be done well, and IMHO with aliens having enough similarity to us humans for us to be interested..
                                sigpic
                                My fics at my site

Comment

Working...
                                X