Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next week?, Awww man I thought it was *this* week...

I hope we finally get some solid info on the new show, Would surely lighten up my day

*Thought starting to wander, Please bear with me, This happens sometimes*

Although its probably not a SG-1 reboot (Like they wanted to do with SG-1 Season 9, Y'know... The whole "Stargate Command" renaming issue)

That would be hilarious though, Stargate Universe turning out to be about SG-1's continueing travels only now they're going even further out there than ever before using the ninth chevron... (Starring the original cast ofcourse... Definitely no re-casts)

Comment

I had a thought. A few posts ago, someone had idea along the same lines I did.

The first question I had was how do you have a show revolving around the stargate, that has nothing to do with SG1 or SGA? The only thing I could think of that made sense, was to have a sivalization in another galaxy. I know that's flimsy, but that's all I have for now.
      Harmony to McKay: "Perhaps it would be best if you'd stop speaking, your voice hurts my ears."

Comment

Originally posted by wilsan View Post
        I had a thought. A few posts ago, someone had idea along the same lines I did.

The first question I had was how do you have a show revolving around the stargate, that has nothing to do with SG1 or SGA? The only thing I could think of that made sense, was to have a Civalization in another galaxy. I know that's flimsy, but that's all I have for now.
        Who said it would have nothing to do with the other series's. They have just said it wouldn't be a direct spin-off. Why couldn't the Furlings be from another galaxy so far the three of the four races are from entirely different galaxy's. I suspect the nox might be from the Pegasus galaxy, or some other, and in the milky way for reasons similar to the Ancients, maybe, since the Tauri are the fifth. hope this sparks some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by lostincyberspace View Post
          Who said it would have nothing to do with the other series's. They have just said it wouldn't be a direct spin-off. Why couldn't the Furlings be from another galaxy so far the three of the four races are from entirely different galaxy's. I suspect the nox might be from the Pegasus galaxy, or some other, and in the milky way for reasons similar to the Ancients, maybe, since the Tauri are the fifth. hope this sparks some interest.
          and what evidence do u have to support your suspicion?
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

i personally believe that the third series will go in the star trek progression

SG-1 = TNG
            Atlantis = DS9
            Universe = Voyager

I don't think it will be directly related, but similiar. obviously DS9 and atlantis are not exactly the same, but you can see the correlation

with voyager, they were stranded in another quadrant unable to get home. thats it. if done correctly, i think it would be an awesome series.

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
              i personally believe that the third series will go in the star trek progression

SG-1 = TNG
              Atlantis = DS9
              Universe = Voyager

I don't think it will be directly related, but similiar. obviously DS9 and atlantis are not exactly the same, but you can see the correlation

with voyager, they were stranded in another quadrant unable to get home. thats it. if done correctly, i think it would be an awesome series.
              exactly why they WON'T do it... the last thing SG needs, or wants, is to be compared to Star Trek...

red for you

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                and what evidence do u have to support your suspicion?
                Suspiscion thats all, if I had evidence I would have said that it is evident. But think about it happened to the ancients and to some degree the Asgard. I think that coming to the milky way the Nox realized that peace is better than war or someting. This is all suspicion

Comment

exactly why they WON'T do it... the last thing SG needs, or wants, is to be compared to Star Trek...

red for you
                  so then that would leave the space station idea or AU idea which definately seem less plausible.

i just meant it was the next logical step. it would also insure that there is no direct link to the SG-1/SGA universe

the only thing that makes it not plausible are what you said, and also it would make it very hard to keep the "our time, our military" attitude while being surrounded by a separate galaxy and other advanced technologies that would obviously come with it.

besides the "lost oh so far from home... " idea, the only other thing i can think of is that the 9th chevron allows them to explore world's without gates as was mentioned before. but the implications of that are also very hard to explain and even harder to swallow i think by the viewers.

Comment

also wanted too throw in there that no matter what they do i think that Nathan Fillion should be the lead. i loved him in every show he was in and think he would make a great impact on the series. i know someone else posted that back when he was doing drive (which got canned about 5 episodes in i believe) but i couldn't find the post to quote...

Comment

Just re-checked, Darren posted on the 6th of November that there would hopefuly be some new info from the producers by next week (Meaning THIS WEEK... Cause of y'know... The whole it being more then a week ago.)

Week is almost over, I remain hopeful though

Comment

1. a space station = DS9
                        2. how does one enter a Stargate and arrive on a planet without one? Assuming that you just appear, and do not come through a gate in a PJ and fly down? i think that would be a bit ridiculous...

the most reasonable destination for the 9th chevron is a different galaxy cluster, one that's beyond the one that MW, Pegasus, Ida, and the Ori galaxy are in

i'm most interested in seeing how they structure the story arcs and the villains this time around, hopefully they'll go back to the SG1 style where they have season-long arcs with BAMF villains instead of cheap imitations like SGA... and episodes where they don't seem to care at all that there are enemies out there looking to exterminate atlantis...

Comment

I think the most likely is something like an extra dimensional transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by lostincyberspace View Post
                            I think the most likely is something like an extra dimensional transportation.
                            doubtful... it is my belief that they will go back to the roots of SG and reevaluate SG1 and see what worked best, what made it what it was, and improve upon that.

fighting a villain across multiple dimensions or AUs reaches far beyond the limits of science fiction that SG has limited itself to. one of the things that made SG1 so successful, and good, was that it was based in the present day, in our reality, albeit with a little scifi twist of course... putting ED or AU travel center stage goes even further into scifi, and further away from us, and will create a disconnect between the show and the viewers... something that needs to be avoided

Comment

doubtful... it is my belief that they will go back to the roots of SG and reevaluate SG1 and see what worked best, what made it what it was, and improve upon that.

fighting a villain across multiple dimensions or AUs reaches far beyond the limits of science fiction that SG has limited itself to. one of the things that made SG1 so successful, and good, was that it was based in the present day, in our reality, albeit with a little scifi twist of course... putting ED or AU travel center stage goes even further into scifi, and further away from us, and will create a disconnect between the show and the viewers... something that needs to be avoided
                              And that would definately be bad... I like the odd episode about AU but a whole series based on the multi-verse theory would no doubt end up becoming very random... possibly quantum leap-ish.... or maybe not, either way I hope the series holds true to stargate's integrity...

Comment

red for you
                                LOL.... you didn't actually red them for disagreeing, did you??

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
                                X