Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    Oh no... It's beginning.
    Haha It'll probably make for an interesting story, and should hopefully handle it quite well.
    It begins when a group of teens with overactive hormones figures out how to board the Destiny
    sigpic

Comment

Smacks the thread with the On Topic clue by four
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Point taken. So guys, have you heard of this show called Stargate Universe?...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I thought we were?

Anyway this snippet from an interview has me excited
          Spoiler:
          OK, all right. Cool.
          We're going to meet a pretty cool, 100 percent CG alien species that we interact with for actually several episodes in the back 10 ... They're cool and they're scary, but they're also not rubber-faced aliens.

Its from this interview
          http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...iverse-15.html

Spoiler:
          Looks like the aliens will be in more than one ep.

Comment

*Chastised*
            Slightly more on topic: Do you think the Destiny crew will attempt to communicate with the cool looking aliens in the 1.5 trailer? If they do, how will they proceed? And if not, will they just attack them?
            sigpic

Comment

They'll no doubt be in more than one ep - after all, they've spend some money developing the aliens, if they would just use them once it'd be a waste.

Also, came across the following for Divided, making me believe that it is indeed true:

Spoiler:
              Dr. Nicholas Rush and Chloe suffer nightmares following their ordeal on the alien vessel, and Rush suspects that a tracking device may have been placed on the ship's hull. Later, a splinter group on Destiny executes a coup with life-threatening consequences.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                They'll no doubt be in more than one ep - after all, they've spend some money developing the aliens, if they would just use them once it'd be a waste.

Also, came across the following for Divided, making me believe that it is indeed true:

Spoiler:
                Dr. Nicholas Rush and Chloe suffer nightmares following their ordeal on the alien vessel, and Rush suspects that a tracking device may have been placed on the ship's hull. Later, a splinter group on Destiny executes a coup with life-threatening consequences.
                Spoiler:
                Whumping! Woo hoo!

Comment

red writes: “Do you guys have any location shooting planned for season 2? Location shooting as in Nevada/New Mexico, not “20 miles from Vancouver”.”

Answer: As a matter of fact, we do. Rob will be racking up the airmiles when it comes time for him to direct Malice.

E writes: “Joe, please tell me that SGU is going to have more action and adventure because that’s what the writers intended from the start and not because of the criticism.”

Answer: Considering we’d already written most of (and shot a significant amount of) the back half before the show premiered in October, it’s safe to assume it was all part of the plan.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hives-mailbag/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I have a really good feeling about the second half of this season. I can't wait to see what TPTB have in store for us.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I have a really good feeling about the second half of this season. I can't wait to see what TPTB have in store for us.
                      from the trailer i have a good feeling we the fans will be geeking out alot in 1.5
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Spoiler:
                        So the aliens will have mobility/ships that can travel great distances on par or superior to Destiny's speed capabilities? Guessing superior because otherwise the tracking device is not all that useful if you cannot keep up.

Comment

Gonna ask some possibly stupid questions.

When Destiny was launched, have the Ancients discovered ascension by then?

And another thing about the Ascended, they have limited capabilities and powers right? Like their domain and powers are somewhat confined to a specific region or galaxy. They still have to use the gate to travel exampled in some episodes. However in uh, the Pegasus episode in SG1 season 10. Morgan le Fey was in the holodeck and she was providing the power for it because Daniel and Vala were using the platform and the backlogs. So, they have power generating capabilities. So with that in mind, could say for example Ascended Daniel dial to the Destiny? Could an Ascended being be used for their power generating capabilities to get to and from the Destiny?

Comment

Rush posits that the Ancients didn't go to Destiny because they'd learned to ascend after the ship was sent on its journey.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                              Could an Ascended being be used for their power generating capabilities to get to and from the Destiny?
                              Ooh, Ancient on a hamster wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                                Rush posits that the Ancients didn't go to Destiny because they'd learned to ascend after the ship was sent on its journey.
                                I posit the screw-ups just forgot about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X