Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    As for Helen of Troy, I'm not sure of the relevance of that, its a myth, in reality Troy was the sight of several cities over the course of several thousands years, several of which were destroyed by things like natural disasters or by frequent wars with the greeks seeking to expand their kingdoms, not because some mythical womens lust sparked off a war.
    It made for a good story though. And, let's face it, Diane Kruger is pretty damn hot.
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

My apologies, I wasn't clear enough when I said they shouldn't write "whatever". What I was trying to explain is that while yes, definitely, they have the right to write whatever, and in fact I encourage and support freedom of speech/press/etc. But as a writer, they also have a duty to stay within the bounds they themselves have created (ie, Young and Rush shouldn't be picking daisy together in Space and have it seem perfectly normal). Now, can they write that way? Of course! I merely meant to say that it's not a very good way to write. Still, that was my fault, I should have expressed my sentiments better.

If TPTB want to write Universe in that matter, it is neither my right nor duty to tell them otherwise. However, if it continues to fall in this manner I will probably cease to watch. As always, just my opinion.

Comment

What, you'll stop watching SGU just because it has a couple of sex scenes, even though the show still has very decent quality?
        Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
        Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
        - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          I thought we lived in the same country.
          No I live in Awesome McCool Britain, we're 6 months ahead of you, David Cameron’s in charge and everything’s wonderful. Ah who am I kidding it'll be the same. The point though is that in theory Britain, America, Canada and most western democracies, the places where stargate is most popular, all at least in theory are supposed to value freedom of speech.

Originally posted by TBA View Post
          It made for a good story though. And, let's face it, Diane Kruger is pretty damn hot.
          Even in that film though its made pretty clear that several greek kings are just looking for an excuse for war, its not caused by lust. I mean Diane Kruger is hot, but I don't think I'd go to war over her.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
            He sounds pleased at the idea... I went to the link, and I couldn't find that quote; are you sure you copied that correctly?
            Yes, the link is correct. Why shouldn't he be pleased? That's the creative turn they've taken.
            sigpic

Comment

What, you'll stop watching SGU just because it has a couple of sex scenes, even though the show still has very decent quality?
              That's up to interpretation.

The effects are beautiful.

And Greer is hot.

But quality? I've really yet to see enough of it (as it pertains to believable character drama) to keep me coming back week after week.

Even nekkid Greer won't do it.

Yes, please, lets drop the religious debate. It never makes friends. Only enemies and eyerolling arguements.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I would but I was raised not to lie
                I agree...he's the "or not" of "hot or not." At least IMHO Although, I do like the character...or I should say that he's growing on me. But that still doesn't make him hot.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                That's up to interpretation.

The effects are beautiful.
                I agree...they are...

And Greer is hot.
                Not so much....

But quality? I've really yet to see enough of it (as it pertains to believable character drama) to keep me coming back week after week.
                Same here. I keep coming back with hopes that it will change.

Even nekkid Greer won't do it.
                That'd just scare me away...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  I agree...he's the "or not" of "hot or not."
                  You're on my LIST now. Watch your back.

Comment

But I think we can agree that TJ is hot, no?
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I would say that both T.J. and Greer are hot. But then, I would also say that Rush is hot, so you may well wish to disregard my opinion. (My love for Robert Carlyle would be undiminished in any case).
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                          Don't worry LtColCarter. I have been on his LIST for months. Nothing happens.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            really now? What list would this be? I didn't say you couldn't think he was hot...I just think he's not. We're all entitled to our opinions, correct?
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay... Rape? Abortion? Euthanasie? Stemcell research? Gay marriage? Whale-hunting?
                              Abortion is controversial? I guess it depends on which country you live in. Here in Sweden it is pretty much regarded as a womans right and if someone would even try to make it illegal, he or she would pretty much be committing political suicide.

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              The point though is that in theory Britain, America, Canada and most western democracies, the places where stargate is most popular, all at least in theory are supposed to value freedom of speech.
                              Of course, we all value freedom of speech. However I still reserve the right to tell idiots to shut up.

They're both hot. End of story.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              really now? What list would this be? I didn't say you couldn't think he was hot...I just think he's not. We're all entitled to our opinions, correct?
                              Not on Gateworld. We must all bow down to the almighty King Darren and his moderating minions.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Don't worry LtColCarter. I have been on his LIST for months. Nothing happens.
                                That false sense of security shall be your downfall. Nothing happens...until it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X