Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get time to respond after the season started so here is my reveiw: Very good, not only the acting but the writing is...different. The only thing that irks me at this moment is that it seems there is an unwarranted suspicion of Dr. Rush... or did I miss something? Was there clues in the episodes that this Dr. Rush has a ulterior motives?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
      I didn't get time to respond after the season started so here is my reveiw: Very good, not only the acting but the writing is...different. The only thing that irks me at this moment is that it seems there is an unwarranted suspicion of Dr. Rush... or did I miss something? Was there clues in the episodes that this Dr. Rush has a ulterior motives?
      Welll he did kind of strand everyone on the Destiny
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        To me they are. You knew exactlly where Sheppherd stood and what he would do in certain scenarios. In contrast just when I think I know Young he throws a fastball
        Precisely! In SGA I can EASILY grasp all that is Rodney, Shepard, Teyla, Ronan ect. in SGU its slightly more REAL, unlike the previous series where all characters where cut and dry and therefore predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          I gotta disagree there Brian. I think that is a matter of opinion. I think Rush is probably the most complex xharacter the franchise has seen. Add to that the way the characters are being developed, built up slowly with bits and pieces such as the scene we saw in the pilot between TJ and Wray which was completely obscure at first, and peeling back the layers to find out more... I think that shows more complexity in the way things are being thought out. In SGA, we'd tend to get an episode focused on a character and have a chunk of development all at once instead of building it more slowly, but more often.
          The concept and story is not that much more complex. The characters, not all of them but Rush and Young are yes, more complex than any SG character we've seen. But lets not turn this into a bashing SGA that it was not complexed enough, ok? LOL!
          sigpic

Comment

*Gasp* I would NEVER bash SGA!!!

Comment

To me they are. You knew exactlly where Sheppherd stood and what he would do in certain scenarios. In contrast just when I think I know Young he throws a fastball
              I knew Young was going to leave Rush behind. But maybe this show is just not that complex to me like it is to you, no biggie. Now, BSG was a complexed show. I found myself lost sometimes with BSG and had to rewatch the ep or ask other fans.
              sigpic

Comment

lol very true. or the more recent Heroes... I go lost

Comment

*Gasp* I would NEVER bash SGA!!!
                  Some people have, and it gets a little annoying like Sky said above, let the show be it is not better or worse it is different. SGU still has many Stargate aspects and themes in it and if it did not feel like Stargate I would not be watching.
                  sigpic

Comment

though what I didn't get was this mistrust of Rush... or is it Young who can't be trusted. this is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      I knew Young was going to leave Rush behind. But maybe this show is just not that complex to me like it is to you, no biggie. Now, BSG was a complexed show.
                      If by complex you confusing to boredem then yes. Their are shows way more complex then SGU but I find it more complex then SG1 and SGA. Don't get me wrong I love SG1 but it was time for a change.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

that is sad. I agree if it didn't feel like Stargate then I wouldn't be watching as loyaly

Comment

though what I didn't get was this mistrust of Rush... or is it Young who can't be trusted. this is confusing.
                          Searching the people who support Young and Rush it really depends on your ideology and personal beliefs.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

If by complex you confusing to boredem then yes. Their are shows way more complex then SGU but I find it more complex then SG1 and SGA. Don't get me wrong I love SG1 but it was time for a change.
                            Depends how much of a change. Eps like Life.....NO! Eps like Air part 3, Light, Justice, and Time, YES! The good thing is I actually love more eps than hate with SGU. So that is a good start. lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Searching the people who support Young and Rush it really depends on your ideology and personal beliefs.
                              ah. okay. I hope the show explains it soon. I like all the main charactors so I gess thats why I was confused[

Comment

that is sad. I agree if it didn't feel like Stargate then I wouldn't be watching as loyaly
                                I listen to some of my favorite bands, they tend to change with the times, but they don't throw the fundemental blueprints or foundation of what made them become what they are. However, if say someone like U2 comes out with a Hip hop album how loyal would those fans be to listen to it? BW and RCC are not stupid, they wanted to take a different approach with SGU, but still make it feel like Stargate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X