Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Yes but that was the style of camera work, not the tone of the story.
    Yes...the Camera work was horrid.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Yes...the Camera work was horrid.
      Oh yeah and I’d agree with you that Cloverfield sucked, though not from the actual tone of the story. The dark tone of the story could fit in quite well to SGU, I just wouldn’t want them to bring the horrific camera work and boring characters to the mix.

Comment

Oh yeah and I’d agree with you that Cloverfield sucked, though not from the actual tone of the story. The dark tone of the story could fit in quite well to SGU, I just wouldn’t want them to bring the horrific camera work and boring characters to the mix.
        I agree...the tone would fit in to SGU
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I agree...the tone would fit in to SGU
          Dark, people dying, confusion, that sort of is already in SGU, and they’ve come up with a better excuse for the Kino vision in SGU than the handheld camera in Cloverfield. (Seriously wouldn’t you drop it and run for your life?)Also the Kino vision seems to strike a nice balance between the gritty immediacy of the footage, but it’s not as unpleasant as the handheld stuff in Cloverfield.

Comment

Yes but that was the style of camera work, not the tone of the story.
            Stories can get a person a headache as well
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Stories can get a person a headache as well
              “Everyone runs from the big scary monster,” gives you a headache?

Comment

“Everyone runs from the big scary monster,” gives you a headache?
                It can when its boring
                Jelgate is right

Comment

It can when its boring
                  Wouldn’t it just put you too sleep? Anyway I was referring to the dark tone of the story, rather than the actual story itself, which was in Cloverfield crap.

Comment

Cloverdale?
                    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=clo...21372&t=h&z=15
                    I'm guessing that's the wrong one.
                    [edit]And can we leave Cloverfield out of this discussion, it's completely irrelevant.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Actually there are lots of different locations and meanings for Cloverdale. Just look it up on Wikipedia for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverdale

Even though not everything there might be correct, it gives a pretty good idea about all the different places with the name "Cloverdale" and other meanings.
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Brad wrote the Shrine.

So even he has wriiten bad episodes before
                        You thought the Shrine was a bad episode and yet you enjoy SGU? Dude, you have me totally confused.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          You thought the Shrine was a bad episode and yet you enjoy SGU? Dude, you have me totally confused.
                          *yawn*

Its a been there. Done that kind of story. By S5 I am so sick and tired of McKay. I also don't like Solitudes just don't tell the shippers

I find the SGU more complex. Their isn't a black and whte reason they act the way they do
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

*yawn*

Its a been there. Done that kind of story. By S5 I am so sick and tired of McKay. I also don't like Solitudes just don't tell the shippers

I find the SGU more complex. Their isn't a black and whte reason they act the way they do
                            SGU is not that much more complex dude, lol. I just thought you enjoyed the more character driven eps on Atlantis which is what we get with SGU. It is what is keeping me interested in SGU, because I do like Character drama, but I also want exploration and action. Which will be coming next season half.
                            sigpic

Comment

SGU is not that much more complex dude, lol. I just thought you enjoyed the more character driven eps on Atlantis which is what we get with SGU. It is what is keeping me interested in SGU, because I do like Character drama, but I also want exploration and action. Which will be coming next season half.
                              To me they are. You knew exactlly where Sheppherd stood and what he would do in certain scenarios. In contrast just when I think I know Young he throws a fastball
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

SGU is not that much more complex dude, lol.
                                I gotta disagree there Brian. I think that is a matter of opinion. I think Rush is probably the most complex xharacter the franchise has seen. Add to that the way the characters are being developed, built up slowly with bits and pieces such as the scene we saw in the pilot between TJ and Wray which was completely obscure at first, and peeling back the layers to find out more... I think that shows more complexity in the way things are being thought out. In SGA, we'd tend to get an episode focused on a character and have a chunk of development all at once instead of building it more slowly, but more often.

Comment

Working...
                                X