Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RanCorX2 View Post
    I'm not sure if the character driven plots are going to be exciting, Stargate has always been about exploring, like star trek. We don't need bickering characters and bad drama + sex / make out scenes. Is it really going to be a darker vision of stargate?
    It's not going to be a darker 'vision' of Stargate.

It already is.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

hmmm, haven't made up my mind yet...gotta wait for part 3!!
      sigpic
      "Oh, okay, well, it's official... You don't get to name anything. Ever."

Comment

Well, I have just finished watching Air 1 and 2. And I must admit, I LOVE SGU TO BITS. I can't wait for the next episodes. Does anyone know when they will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by ancient_being View Post
          Well, I have just finished watching Air 1 and 2. And I must admit, I LOVE SGU TO BITS. I can't wait for the next episodes. Does anyone know when they will be released?
          tomorrow

Saturday if you use Hulu
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I try to give new shows six episodes before I pass judgment, but the pilot for SGU just sucked. The story was choppy, the plot contrived and, so far, I don't give a damn about the characters.

It seems like this is going to be a soap opera with sci-fi elements like the new BSG was. I hope I'm wrong about this because BSG was so depressing I didn't watch it no matter how good the acting and drama was. I'm also seeing shades of the old Lost in Space series (right down to having a DR. Smith character in the DR. Rush in SGU) as well as Star Trek: Voyager.

Maybe it's time to let the Stargate franchise die while it still has some dignity left. SG-1was on life support after season seven, and the last season was embarrassingly bad. Stargate Atlantis never quite reached the level of the first six seasons of SG-1, and SGU seems like a last desperate attempt to keep the franchise alive.

Comment

I really love that whole opening scene. The musical score, the effects everything was amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr chuckles View Post
                I really love that whole opening scene. The musical score, the effects everything was amazing!
                Please, I hope the opening in the pilot isn't the proper opening. Was way too short and bland. It was like when they decided to do those crappy short intros for sg1 & atlantis.
                sigpic
                "Oh, okay, well, it's official... You don't get to name anything. Ever."

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  I...I feel the need to hug you.
                  Also, I feel the need to share this vital truth:
                  http://twitter.com/DavidBlue/status/4691630840
                  Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2 View Post
                    Please, I hope the opening in the pilot isn't the proper opening. Was way too short and bland. It was like when they decided to do those crappy short intros for sg1 & atlantis.
                    Of course it isn't the show opening.

And it was great for what it was, the start of the pilot. Beautiful visuals and music. It was nothing like those 'crappy short intros'.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      Of course it isn't the show opening.

And it was great for what it was, the start of the pilot. Beautiful visuals and music. It was nothing like those 'crappy short intros'.
                      Perhaps spoilers for the sensitive ones.
                      Spoiler:
                      Unfortunately, I think we may have those intros for Universe. When you download 'Air, Part II', it shows a short intro, kinda mysterious looking and all, but hopefully they won't go with that. It would be awesome to have an intro full length with a score provided by Joel to listen to.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Full length intros are outdated. I loved the short intro shown in the pilot. Short and sweet. Great music too, felt like the opening to a film and not a TV show. Loved it.

Also those "short" SG intros were only due to the network cutting the intro down, not the show makers. The UK airs all intro's in full, provided they are a full intro. This was a specially made short opening, and I love it.

It's more than just flashing up the shows title and being done with it, but it's not a long two minute opening either. Perfect if you ask me.

Comment

I loved that they used "The Hammond" for the ship Carter was on. what a nice tribute.
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                            Full length intros are outdated. I loved the short intro shown in the pilot. Short and sweet. Great music too, felt like the opening to a film and not a TV show. Loved it.

Also those "short" SG intros were only due to the network cutting the intro down, not the show makers. The UK airs all intro's in full, provided they are a full intro. This was a specially made short opening, and I love it.

It's more than just flashing up the shows title and being done with it, but it's not a long two minute opening either. Perfect if you ask me.
                            The intro in the pilot wasn't really short. Over a minute long.

The intros in SG-1 and Atlantis, the full ones were about 60 seconds long, not 2.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Was it really a minute? Huh, didn't seem like it, felt like 30 odd seconds. I mean just up until the SGU logo appeared obviously, not the whole, panning of the ship.

And guess the SG1/SGA intros felt longer than they were. Well, give me a happy medium between the two, and I'm grand. I loved the theme tune to SGU, the nice harmonics and brief electric guitar. Worked well.

Comment

So guys we all know how SGU is ripping off BSG by using terms like FTL (faster than light). But I bet you didn't know that BSG actually also decided what the speed of light was, so they could say what was faster than it?

Also BSG can beat up Chuck Norris in a hand to hand fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X